Transformers the Moive

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:30 pm

By the way, I saw it weekend before last. It was ok, some parts were stupid, other parts were weird. Of course it doesn't help that I don't remember much about the original series. I kind of feel like I need to see it again because I missed a few things.
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:18 pm

Saw it on Sunday (for free, otherwise I'd never have gone) and must say it's the stupidest movie I've ever seen. That's not to say it wasn't well-made with crazy-awesome special effects, but the script was a NIGHTMARE (so many glaring plot-holes, false-starts and just awkward dialogue) -- so devoid of actual content that it's revolting. The "speech" at the climax/end about -- f*ck, I don't even know what it was about -- was miserable. And I found all of the robot voices to be quite silly.

The more I think about it, and the more time between now and when I saw it, the worse its rating becomes in my mind. God, what a stupid, stupid, stupid movie.

But it does hit America's biggest demographics: (stupid) kids, parents (parents who grew up playing with Transformers or just parents who want to take their kids to a "safe" mindless action movie) and southern hilljacks ("You seen 'em cars 'n' trucks 'n' sh*t?!?"), so it's no surprise it's a huge commercial success. After all, this is a country that made George Bush a two-time president.

Highlights: Shia LaBeuf, who I've been a fan of since Even Stevens, even though I was in college when I first saw that show, makes the best of an abortion-worthy script. The love-interest, Megan Fox, was hot, but I'm not exactly sure why she was necessary. And the Bumblebee character came off best, as far as the silly robots go. Also, John Turturro is always awesome, and he was a surprising and mercifully good cameo.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
treefiddy_350

Postby treefiddy_350 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:12 pm

The movie was great. I wish they kept the original voices from the cartoon. It was a good action movie and it was funny at the same time. Only bad part was NO SOUNDWAVE!?! I liked Starscream and Bumble Bee the best.
Member# 325291
krunchyfrogg

Postby krunchyfrogg » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:44 am

I really liked it a lot, but my biggest problem was with Bumblebee and Starscream.

Bumblebee is supposed to be less physical than the rest of the guys, and Starscream constantly tried to usurp Megatron's power in the original series, something that wasn't even touched upon in the movie (or moive, if you prefer).
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:19 am

saw it aswell it was good as movie
tase_me

Postby tase_me » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:50 am

why is everyone so obsessed with this f*cking movie.

first off, they're taking a real life current event like Iraq, and then sticking some 80's cartoon characters/crappy toys that you can never put together in it. And they expect us to take it seriously. Just think for a second, if in real life, you were watching the usual news, and then you hear that a f*cking plastic thing that turns from a jeep into a cheetah has landed. just think about that.

second, so much of the ticket sales for this movie is going to go to all these f*cking women that are obsessed with this guy, i do not know what his name is, All i know, is that i am f*cking sick, of all these f*cking girls and women, going nuts over this fuckign guy. And they're just going to see it so that night, they can chat on the phone with their little girlfriends about how CUTE this guy is, and as they go to bed hug their pillow and pretend it is him.

Third, it seems that all it is is BOOM! EXPLODE!! EXPLODE!! BOOM!! EXPLODE!! FAST CAMERA SHOT!! EXPLODE! EXPLODE!!! WOW FLASHY!! FLASH!! EXPLODE!!! BOOM!!! MASS CHAOS!!!
oh i am sure the constant explosions and flashings and quick camera changes will keep all us instant-gratification-loving aMERicans thriilled, THRILLED throughout the entire movie as we TXT, TXT our little girlfriends during it about how cute this f*cking guy is.

And let me guess. Does this movie have a myspace? The icing on the cake, the f*cking thing that would make this movie the most ratings-scrounging media-frenzy "everybody's talking about it!" movie, would be if it had a myspace. AND ESPECIALLY AS IT IS NOT A PERSON, BUT A NON-CONSCIOUS THING, A MOVIE. WHAT, ARE THE MOVIE CELLS WRITING BACK TO ALL THESE f*cking CHILDREN, WHO GLORY WITH PRIDE OVER THEIR 230432 FRIENDS OF other NON-CONSCIOUS MOVIES and KOOl NEWW BANNNNNNNNDSSS!!!?!?! Does it? I do not know, but this seems like if anything was to have a myspace, it would be this, and all the little 13 year old children will post, "lolz! Cant wait to see it!: and "omg, that guy i dont know what his name is but that f*cking guy is sooooooooooo hot, i cant wait to see it, LOLZ< LOLZ, LOLZ ,LOZL :) )) :D :D :D :P :wink: :roll:

MILLIONS OF SMILY FACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MILLIONS OF UNNECCESARRY SMILY FACES AND &$$#$%# SYMBOLDS AND LOL sh*t!! MILLIONS OF SMILEY FACES FOR NO REASON!!! FOR NO REASON!! LOLZ FOR NO REASON!!! NOTHING IS FUNNY, YOU ARE MERELY STATING YOU WANT TO SEE THIS FUCING STUPID MOVIE, YET FOR SOME RESON, YOU MUST BROADCAST THAT YOU ARE LAUGHING OUT LOUD ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate it all. i hate it all that this STUPID f*cking MOVIE is so beloved and there is sO MUCH f*cking HYPE, ELLEN DEGENEROUS AND ALL THE TALK SHOW HOSTS ANRE JUST EATING IT UP ARENT THEY, interviewing this f*cking guy that all ze womenfolks are LOLLING OVER! LOLLING OVER AND POSTING THEIR FUCIG :P :x :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry:

OOH! I JUST REMMEBERED!! ITS PATRI-FUCKIN_OTIC!! BECAUSE IT TAKE SPLACE WITH ALL THE SOULDIERS THAT EVERYBODY LOVES, everybody just loves them!!!! now, i am not denoucing troops or anything, but WHY USE f*cking TROOPS TO LURE IN EVEN MOOOOORE RATINGS?? LIKE A FUCING PROP!! SO ALL THE AMERICANS IN THEIR f*cking HUMMERS CAN SEE IT AND BE LIKE "YAAAAAYY! USA!!! WE BEAT THE JEEPS TURNING INTO ROBOTS!! YAAAYYY!! HUMMERSS!! HUUUUMMMMMMEMEERRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSsSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "I SAW THE TRANSFORMERS MOVIE, AND THUS IT EXPRESSES THAT I LOVE AMERICA!! AMERICA WITH EXPLOSIONS AND LOL LOL LOL AND :lol: :P :twisted: :twisted: AND PATRIOTIC!!! LET US ALL SING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM AND WATCH THE PLASTIC JEEPS EXPLODEE!!"

THIS MOVIE, You know how this movie was made, this is the scum of the earth. it is so sad. there is no inspiration in it. a bunch of propaganda people sat a round a table, and discussed, "now what can we do to get the most ratings. Ratings. we feed on ratings. Ratings is our food. we must get as much ratings as possible, or we die." So they all sit around and discuss. discuss, put some f*cking "hot" guy in it for the squealing womenfolks, and they are evil PROPAGANDISTS!!!! I BET IT HAS SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES PUT IN THIS MOVIE, BRAINWASHING POEPLE TO NOT QUeSTION THE ESTABLISHMENT AND SUPPORT BUSH AND WAR IN IRAQ AND YEs, they scheme, tTHEY SCHEME!!

you know i bet this whole thing was devised by the government. First lure everyone in with every ratings-scrounging thing possible. then hypnotise them with endless BOOM! EXPLOSION!! BOOM!! EXPLOSION!!! then, now i dont know how exactly ow they would do this, but they implement little nationalistic patriotic question nothing messages into it.
oh i bet they have the technology;.

we think, no, they do not have the technology. How do we know? For all we know, they could be controlling our perception, our senses, so the establishment will not break down. It is like the matrix people, the matrix, and this FUKCING MOVIE, THIS FUCING TRANSFORMERS MOVIE is one of their brainwashing propoganda tools to lull us into ignorant blissful non-questioning dumbness, as we watch it and TXT and lol, not knowing that our minds are being controlled by exploding jeeps-turning-into-cheetahs.

Okay guys, i just found out this came out on the fourth of july. i will say nothing more, you all know. this is why other countries hate us.
Kaixx

Postby Kaixx » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:14 pm

tase_me wrote:why is everyone so obsessed with this f*cking movie.

first off, they're taking a real life current event like Iraq, and then sticking some 80's cartoon characters/crappy toys that you can never put together in it. And they expect us to take it seriously. Just think for a second, if in real life, you were watching the usual news, and then you hear that a f*cking plastic thing that turns from a jeep into a cheetah has landed. just think about that.

So, I take it you wouldn't be a fan of fantasy, then?

And I won't be seeing this movie in the cinema, don't really care for it.
krunchyfrogg

Postby krunchyfrogg » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:16 pm

Tase Me, have you ever considered professional help? You seem quite angry.
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:36 am

Better people vent their anger here than behind the trigger of a gun.
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:18 am

Teas, do you ever post on Uncyclopedia? Jesus christ! XD
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:09 am

Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:Teas, do you ever post on Uncyclopedia? Jesus christ! XD

Have you read her Xanga page yet? XD
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Keenmachine18

Postby Keenmachine18 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:18 am

I'm usually not a fan of Michael Bay (Bad Boys 2 was kind of funny though) but...

...This has been the best movie of the summer and Bay's best Movie. It did have a couple cheesey moments but who cares? The movie kicked ass anyway. The only thing I wasn't too crazy about was the overuse of Frenzy (The little annoying Stereo-bot) Other than that everything turned out alright.

The only things that they should have done:

1. Quickly play the Transformers theme (7 secs?) at the start of the IRAQ scene that followed the prologue with Middle Eastern instruments (Does anyone know what I mean by this?)

2. If the Transformers would have asked Sam what his name was, he would have tried to play cool in front of Meghan Fox and said, "The name's Spike".
krunchyfrogg

Postby krunchyfrogg » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:28 pm

Craig-and-Clyde wrote:Better people vent their anger here than behind the trigger of a gun.
You're not serious are you? Save the drivil for someplace else.

Keenmachine, the Spike line would've been awesome!
chicken in a helicopter

Postby chicken in a helicopter » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:45 pm

I don't think the idea of giant robots is very interesting... :? I'd rather watch re-runs of south park on http://www.tv-links.co.uk/ or http://allsp.com/
Keenmachine18

Postby Keenmachine18 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:17 pm

Thanks KrunchyFrogg! They could still use the line though, when more Autobots come in the sequel:

New Autobot: ...And who's this?

Optimus Prime: His name is Sa-

(Sam Cuts Prime off)

Sam: Spike...The name's Spike.

Maybe I could be a writer for the sequel, since the writers for the first one are busy with the script for the new Star Trek Movie...but I don't think Dreamworks/Paramount would trust a 20 year old nobody from PA with the script...but who knows?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”