Chair or Life

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

simon265

Chair or Life

Postby simon265 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:35 pm

If someone kills another human being do you think they should get the chair or life in jail?[/b]
simon265

Postby simon265 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:02 pm

Nommel wrote:dur im a singleminded stupidhead an i think thers only 2 options too evryting

--

It depends on the type of crime they commit. If the person was insane or if they did it in self defense, they shouldn't be put to death or even put in prison (Maybe a mental hospital for some).

If they knew exactly what they were doing, then they should go to prison or be put to death or whatever.

It's morons like you who think that everything is either black or white that turn this country into a shithole.
The question wasn't about if they are mental or not it was do you think a murderer(someone who has killed someone else NOT in self defense should get the chair or life.

I asked that because in England we dont use capital punishment and life means 15years.

Oh and f*ck you
Last edited by simon265 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:06 pm

simon265 wrote:
Nommel wrote:dur im a singleminded stupidhead an i think thers only 2 options too evryting

--

It depends on the type of crime they commit. If the person was insane or if they did it in self defense, they shouldn't be put to death or even put in prison (Maybe a mental hospital for some).

If they knew exactly what they were doing, then they should go to prison or be put to death or whatever.

It's morons like you who think that everything is either black or white that turn this country into a shithole.
The question wasn't about if they are mental or not it was do you think a murderer should get the chair or life.

I asked that because in England we dont use capital punishment and life means 15years.

Well here, we make distinctions between certain types of murder. You can't just say "All murderers should/shouldn't be killed". I think some should be killed and others should go to prison.

By the way, we don't use the chair anymore. It's lethal injection that's the top choice now.

I think firing squad is still an option though.
Cold Machine

Postby Cold Machine » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:20 pm

I think they should have to sit in the electric chair for the rest of their life.

In all seriousness, 15 years is a life sentence in Britain? Why the hell is it called a life sentence, or is it officially something else?
"A minute's success pays the failure of years." - Robert Browning
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:22 pm

Cold Machine wrote:I think they should have to sit in the electric chair for the rest of their life.

In all seriousness, 15 years is a life sentence in Britain? Why the hell is it called a life sentence, or is it officially something else?

Actually, a life sentence in America is, legally, anything longer than 25 years.
master ed

Postby master ed » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:23 pm

I agree with nommel. There are plenty of different types of murder. You can't just classify it all into one subject. Like he said, if you have mental disabilities, it would e different if you killed someone out of free will. If you are killing someone in selfe defense, then nothing should happen. There are so many different situations, you can't just come here and be like "should murders be put in jail or dead" It makes no sense at all, jesus christ.
simon265

Postby simon265 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:29 pm

Cold Machine wrote:I think they should have to sit in the electric chair for the rest of their life.

Life is 15 years but you'll be out in 7.5 if your a muslim terrorist
Cold Machine

Postby Cold Machine » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:31 pm

Nommel wrote:

Actually, a life sentence in America is, legally, anything longer than 25 years.

Oh, ok. I was used to the idea of a life sentence being...well, pretty long. Addressing an earlier point - I'm pretty sure the only methods of execution used today in America are the Gas Chamber, Electric Chair, Hanging, Lethal Injection and Firing Squad.

There's an interesting website that details every state's preferred method of execution, and then the secondary method, along with a lot of other information.
"A minute's success pays the failure of years." - Robert Browning
master ed

Postby master ed » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:31 pm

simon....
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:36 pm

simon265 wrote:

Life is 15 years but you'll be out in 7.5 if your a muslim terrorist

Could you explain your reasoning on that please?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:42 pm

This thread is stupid. Simon, there are laws that list what punishment to hand out for killing someone, depending on intent and cruelty - go read up on them.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:44 pm

Big-Wilfred wrote:This thread is stupid. Simon, there are laws that list what punishment to hand out for killing someone, depending on intent and cruelty - go read up on them.

I've been trying to explain that to him for the last few posts.

Please don't lock it though; it could be intelligent if more productive people post on it.
FreedomFighterXL

Postby FreedomFighterXL » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:59 pm

Big-Will wrote:This thread is stupid. Simon, there are laws that list what punishment to hand out for killing someone, depending on intent and cruelty - go read up on them.

Nommel wrote:I've been trying to explain that to him for the last few posts.

Please don't lock it though; it could be intelligent if more productive people post on it.

Come on you guys, he was just asking people their opinions. :?

Anyway, I personally am against the death penalty. I could go on about why this is the case, but to sum up why I feel this way, this is a punishment that leaves no room for error; you shock the guy and he's done for, no turning back on that one. And the system we have isn't necessarily an error-free one, at all. Maybe we should be a little more hard on criminals but in a system where someone can get 10 million dollars for putting hot coffee between their legs, we probably shouldn't have this tactic available. Innocent people could get caught up in all this, I can't say this is a very safe way to go.
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:01 pm

FreedomFighterXL wrote:
Big-Will wrote:This thread is stupid. Simon, there are laws that list what punishment to hand out for killing someone, depending on intent and cruelty - go read up on them.

Nommel wrote:I've been trying to explain that to him for the last few posts.

Come on you guys, he was just asking people their opinions. :?

Anyway, I personally am against the death penalty. I could go on about why this is the case, but to sum up why I feel this way, this is a punishment that leaves no room for error; you shock the guy and he's done for, no turning back on that one. And the system we have isn't necessarily an error-free one, at all. Maybe we should be a little more hard on criminals but in a system where someone can get 10 million dollars for putting hot coffee between their legs, we probably shouldn't have this tactic available. Innocent people could get caught up in all this, I can't say this is a very safe way to go.

sh*t, I think that's the first sensible thing you've ever said.
FreedomFighterXL

Postby FreedomFighterXL » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:19 pm

Nommel wrote:sh*t, I think that's the first sensible thing you've ever said.

Assuming this is the only post you've read of mine, yeah, it does qualify for that title. Think this is impressive? Just wait 'till later on in the day and look at the "Iraq was not about oil" thread. I sure hope the site's server has enough memory to hold the post I intend to make. :twisted:

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”