Harry Potter

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:32 pm

Riiiiight. And now that the movie's out, I'm gonna gripe about it.

Okay, it wasn't that bad. It was actually the best HP movie out there. I mean, there was a series of colorful explosions, hormonal teenagers, teachers getting the smackdown by a bunch of Centaurs, and somehow the students managed to play their iPods even though electronics can't work on Hogwarts grounds. All I have to complain is that most of the characters didn't get enough screentime and we could barely see Snapes memories. They better have it on DVD! Nrrrrrr!

Oh yeah, and if that rumor about gay love triangles is true, then I suggest you guys brace yourselves, because those fangirls would KILL to see that.
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:48 pm

southparknut4life wrote:where did u read this Wikipedia?

I hope you all realize by now that I was joking. :roll:
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:21 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:
southparknut4life wrote:where did u read this Wikipedia?

I hope you all realize by now that I was joking. :roll:

Well I knew you were joking. I think he was the only one that didn't.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:32 am

I sawr it. I'm still trying to process everything that went on however. I did notice that in the credits, one guys' last name was Pron. :lol:
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:05 am

well i will just say about me i like to watch the movies, there fine i hope the new one is good but for books i cant stand it
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:43 pm

plk12345 wrote:i don't like the movies, it was too early to make them, they should have waited for all the books to be released

I can't believe I'm saying this but, you're right. As much as I love the Harry Potter franchise (and hate plk), Warner Brothers should've at least waited for all the books to be released before commissioning the films.

If the final book is shite, Warner Brothers still have to make it into a film to complete the series.

However, I doubt it will be rubbish. :D

And I'm telling you, that Dumbledore is not dead and if he is dead, he's not gone.
Email notifications do matter, people.
Baathville728

Postby Baathville728 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:50 am

albino.black.sheep wrote:However, I doubt it will be rubbish. :D

And I'm telling you, that Dumbledore is not dead and if he is dead, he's not gone.

Well I think that's entirely obvious, she couldn't write the final book and not have Dumbledore influence anything at all. I have a feeling he will have a lot to say as a portrait or something else of the sort.

I'm not entirely convinced Snape is bad either. Although what he did was the ultimate evil crime, I think that's why it was done, to make Voldemort and the rest of the Death Eaters 100% sure he was evil. That way, he could easily betray them in the end.

I say this because I have a hard time believeing that Dumbledore's judgement was off, because he is the smartest and greatest wizard of all time, and Snape has had Harry long enough to kill him if he really wanted too.

Dumbledore was getting weaker, that was obvious, and he knew it too. I think he knew he wouldn't be able to destroy all of the Horcruxes and also fight Voldemort, he just wouldn't survive it. He set Snape up perfectly to defeat Woldemort, who would not expect it coming at all, after Snape killed Dumbledore.

I know that has plenty of loose ends,but if anyone can bring that together, it would be J.K. I just can't see Snape being bad, after this whole he has been so close to evil, but never quite making it. It's been a setup from day one.
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:05 am

eh
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:05 am

When Snape had his wand pointed at Dumby, didn't Dumby say "Please Severus" ?

This could be interpreted as "Please Kill Me" or "Please Don't Do It"
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:06 am

um 2nd i think^^
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:19 pm

I wrote a whole long blog about this issue on MySpace. Hang on, I'll find the link.

Prepare yourself.
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:06 pm

I've been on YouTube watching random Harry Potter videos when some guy started posting who was gonna die in Deathly Hallows in the comment box. I just don't know if I can trust this guy or not...... I always though JK was the only person who would have access to the books before they were sold, but....erm... :|
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
HellStrykeXL

Postby HellStrykeXL » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:45 am

Quick question: When this whole series ends, and the franchise no longer continues, what might take it's place? :idea:

I'm just trying to envision what might have as comparable of an influence as it has. :?
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Sizzling Lynn wrote:A guy in my grade eleven Bio class last year was dared to lick a rat's balls and he went along with it...is that considered manly?

No, that is the opposite of manly.
Baathville728

Postby Baathville728 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:53 am

it will be very , very hard to match it's influence, and it may takle a very long,long time.

But after reading the 6th book over, i'm completely convinced Snape is good. Too many hints for him to be bad.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:24 pm

HellStrykeXL wrote:Quick question: When this whole series ends, and the franchise no longer continues, what might take it's place? :idea:

I'm just trying to envision what might have as comparable of an influence as it has. :?

If you can think of that, you would be the newest multi-millionaire. And I'd be your new best friend.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”