Is the internet bigger than television?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Grizim

Is the internet bigger than television?

Postby Grizim » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:04 pm

I've read several articles stating the same thing---what was mainstream five years ago is different from what's mainstream now. MTV isn't even a big deal anymore, because it's rumored that there's some statistical evidence that YouTube is even bigger than it. What do you people say?
As enjoyable as abuse.
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:20 am

I still spend more time in front of the TV than I do in front the computer. But I do go online to watch long forgotten shows like Darkwing Duck
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:58 pm

I am online more than I watch tv..And, when I watch music videos, it is usually on Youtube..I don't like MTV.
ClydesGirl

Postby ClydesGirl » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:31 pm

Defintally. Whenever there's a new medium it useually becomes bigger, but never really replaces it. Like when T.V. came out, it took books spotlight, but we still use it, just not as much. People now use the internet more often, but still watch T.V.
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:48 pm

Good point. I don't think the internet will ever REPLACE TV, but its certainly bigger now than TV is.
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:13 pm

Nothing so far can utterly replace TV as the medium for visual-based home entertainment, just as the Internet hasn't destroyed the use of books as a text-based medium. The internet can serve as a melting pot of various media forms, but books and TV can do their specific jobs better than the web can for various reasons (books not affected by system crashes, TV usually of better visual quality than the average YouTube clip, and so forth).

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
Clyde Donovan

Postby Clyde Donovan » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:37 pm

well i download alot of TV shows. So i would say both! Yeah that's the ticket.
Clyde Donovan

Postby Clyde Donovan » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:47 pm

Craig-and-Clyde wrote:I still spend more time in front of the TV than I do in front the computer. But I do go online to watch long forgotten shows like Darkwing Duck

What was with all those duck shows in the 80s. Ducktales "had the best opening song" I was a big fan of Count Dracula! i know it not a duck show> but it is a bad 80s cartoon.I have been watching that awful M.A.S.K show lately
http://www.tv-links.co.uk/show.do/2/3784

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”