Do you believe in global warming?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Do you believe in global warming?

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:00 am

Believe in it or not, our weather is going crazy. I usually brag about how this area never gets too hot and is mostly in the high 70's to low 80's during summer, but today, it was 107 f, record breaker. Some say it can cause a climate shift, and thats exacly what I can see. It was one of the driest years in California's history, but in Texas, where it is usually dry and hot, they are seeing two weeks of rain and floods. I don't know what to think but "We, we didn't listen!". What do you think? :?
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:30 am

Yeah. I've noticed that every year the planet has gotten hotter and hotter. I used to think we were being pulled in by the sun.
To answer your question, Yes. I believe in Global Warming, but I dont think it will happen anywhere near my lifetime. Maybe in a million years.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:50 am

My air conditioner is broke, so I've been in my 100+ degree heat house sweating my @$$ off! I've taken 2 COLD showers today, which the pipes were so hot, the first 10 seconds of running water was hot. It is getting worse and worse each year. Yes, it will take along time for the effects to REALLY show, but the climate changes are already happening. Last year it snowed at my house, in California! And now record heat in the next summer! Although I live about 1 and a half hours from Lake Tahoe after moving from the central valley, it still isn't supposed to snow here. And another fire could happen at Lake Tahoe this week because of dry lightning. (What the hell, dry lightning?) Yes it's so dry here, that a storm system coming through this week has no rain, but ironicly enough, lightning is in it and posses a fire threat. :?
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:52 am

yes the earth is warming up ever since the ice age...it is only rising a little bit each year. Personaly I don't really care...
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:04 am

Well I do think global warming is real and needs to be taken care of. The Govenator of California is the only one I can see who is making and passing laws to lower our green house gas emissions.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:51 am

I think there is a good chance it is real.
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:55 am

I know for sure that our weather patterns are more out of whack than usual. It got hot at weird times during the year, we barely got any rain in spring, and so forth. :?

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:25 pm

and don't forget about "nuclear winter" when there was snow in spring...but just because weather is crazy doesn't mean it interlinks with global warming...
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Cold Machine

Postby Cold Machine » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:46 pm

Well, personally, I think global warming is real and happening right now. And not just some bullsh*t natural cycle either - I think mankind's activities are really escalating and accelerating it.
"A minute's success pays the failure of years." - Robert Browning
Boghman22

Postby Boghman22 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:53 am

I hate to bother you, but do you enjoy playing the psp?
1. The Xbox 360 is the gamer's gateway too heaven. Not the overrated Ps3.

2. The Elder Scrolls is the greatest Trilogy of all time.

3. Check out my podcast at http://www.randomshow.mypodcast.com
Boghman22

Postby Boghman22 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:57 am

It is absurd not to belive that global warming is not an actual occurance...either you are lying to yourself to justify your own actions, or you are an idiot. There is proof of this all around you. I suggest you awaken from your slumber of stupidity.
1. The Xbox 360 is the gamer's gateway too heaven. Not the overrated Ps3.

2. The Elder Scrolls is the greatest Trilogy of all time.

3. Check out my podcast at http://www.randomshow.mypodcast.com
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:33 pm

I believe that it is really happening. You need only look at pictures of glaciers over the last 50 years. They are melting like crazy. They have been around for thousands of years and are now just starting to retreat? Coincidence, I think not!
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:23 pm

I personally think it's ridiculous and retarded NOT to believe in it. It's not a sake of faith! It's a fact and you ignore it only because you don't want to take the responsibility. It'd be better just to say "Of course I believe in it, I just don't really care" than to claim it's not happening.
I do agree that it would probably happen even if it wasn't for us humans, but we're sure as hell making it happen way faster. That'll ruin the earth probably not earlier than in a million years or something, though... Not that I know much.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:57 pm

Believe? This isn't a question of "belief". The rise in mean global temperature is an established fact. Even all the leading Republican Presidential candidates acknowledge this.

It is also an established fact that humans are contributing to global climate change. All you have to do is plot the carbon dioxide content in the atmosphere on the same graph as mean global temperature. It's a one-to-one ratio. And the rise of atmospheric carbon dioxide is the same as the amount of CO2 human activities produce.

So bust out those compact florescent lightbulbs, everyone.

You read it! You can't unread it!
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:38 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Believe? This isn't a question of "belief". The rise in mean global temperature is an established fact. Even all the leading Republican Presidential candidates acknowledge this.

It is also an established fact that humans are contributing to global climate change. All you have to do is plot the carbon dioxide content in the atmosphere on the same graph as mean global temperature. It's a one-to-one ratio. And the rise of atmospheric carbon dioxide is the same as the amount of CO2 human activities produce.

So bust out those compact florescent lightbulbs, everyone.

Heh, you said exactly the same thing as I tried to say, only better :D

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”