What do you dream about?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Cold Machine

Postby Cold Machine » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:16 pm

Recently I had a dream where I was standing in the middle of a field, next to a giant pit in the ground, and then an army of Crab People crawled out of the pit and took me as a prisoner. And that "Crab People, Crab People" chant kept repeating itself all throughout the dream.

It was, uh, interesting.
"A minute's success pays the failure of years." - Robert Browning
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:41 pm

Oh my, the last dream I had was too NC-17 for this crowd
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:39 pm

Oh God, a couple of weeks ago, I dreamt that Paris Hilton died. XD No joke. I was watching it on the news in my dream. It was so completely random.
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:42 pm

DevilAngel16 wrote:Oh God, a couple of weeks ago, I dreamt that Paris Hilton died. XD No joke. I was watching it on the news in my dream. It was so completely random.

Were there loads of people in the dream pulling corks and pouring wine to celebrate the occasion? :lol:

-

This kinda follows on the same style as I have most of my dreams:

I'd just finished University along with about a hundred other people I knew and I'd received an invitation from some really famous business for a job at one of their headquarters. However to get there, I had to get a coach that took me through this wonderful-looking city-sized countryside village and then through miles and miles of the countryside itself......at midnight slash early morning. I didn't even take much notice in the fact that I was the only passenger on the coach

When I got there, I asked the receptionist about where to go and she guided me into the lobby so I could take a seat. The lobby itself was very shiny and classy - that bluey glass & metal interior feel was everywhere.
I'd waited about an hour and nothing happened, so I went up to the reception which had a different receptionist at it. But the shocking news finally came was that there was no interview for a job and that someone had sent me on a wild-gosse chase of sorts to get me away from somewhere.

Realising this and rushing to get my one-shoulder bag back over my shoulder, I started sprinting out the building and back down the countryside road whilst it was still about 3 in the morning. Gradually, I met up with loads of other students who had been in the same situation and were rushing back to this countryside city-like village, hence, I decided to follow them. The dream ended with me along with about 10 other students in the middle of one of the village's cobble-stone park-squares.

-

Haven't figured THAT one out yet. :?
Last edited by EPAF on Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:49 pm

[quote="EPAF":08461][quote="DevilAngel16":08461]Oh God, a couple of weeks ago, I dreamt that Paris Hilton died. XD No joke. I was watching it on the news in my dream. It was so completely random.[/quote:08461]

Were there loads of people in the dream pulling corks and pouring wine to celebrate the occasion? :lol:[/quote:08461]

XDD

I wish I remembered what the cause of her death in my dream was. She probably died from some sort of STD.

Oh yeah, Nicole Richie was also dead in that dream. o_O
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:50 am

#4 on my Weird Dream posts.

About 3 years ago, I had a dream that there was a riot at a nearby mall, so I entered to see what the commotion was about. I looked everywhere, but I didn't find any answers. I eventually entered a video game store and saw a small Strech Armstrong-ish Donkey Kong. Since there was no one at the front counter, I ended up stealing it. A security guard saw me and started chasing me. I ran to the roof of the mall where he continued chase. He eventually ended up tackling me off the edge, plummeting the both of us to our doom. We fell about three stories and then hit a small grassy area. I entered a cheat code from Grand Theft Auto and got back up. The small heart and 100 from GTA started flashing and I looked at the cop then left.
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:53 am

Taking lives
Baathville728

Postby Baathville728 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:56 am

For three nights in a row, I've had Harry Potter dreams....I've been constantly rereading them in preparation. The only one I can remember though was when I kissed Cho lol.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:09 am

The night before last, I dreamed that ep. 1108 was a Die Hard spoof, and at the end of it I was in the SP world, at some concert, and someone on stage introduced this one band as "Guns with something in between them".
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:47 pm

Someone mentioned having really random dreams and I can SO relate to that.

When I was in high school I had a dream I was sitting at a table in the shape of a plus sign (+). I was sitting at one end, and at the other end was Bill Clinton playing with a remote control bear. LOL I swear I am NOT making that up.

I had this one dream that I can't seem to ever forget and I can still see it in my head like I just had it last night. When I was like 17 my mom went out of town and I was home alone for like a week. She had a very comfy bed and I fell asleep in her bed once while she was away.

I had this dream that night that I was looking through the eyes of some...thing that was looking down at me. I was laying in my moms bed, on my left side, facing the right with my back to this thing. It walked up to me and reached it's hand out to touch me on my right side...near where your ribcage meets your spine...and as that happened in the dream, the muscles in that area of my back started spazzing out and it forced me awake. When I woke up I realized I was laying on my left side as I saw myself in my dream. Scared the hell out of me.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:20 am

I've got no idea why, and probaly never will, but I've had this recurring dream/nightmare since i was seven, at least once a week. It starts off with me getting this strange feeling like i'm sinking under ground; then I think i've woken up deep under about 10foot of scorching sand (always think i fell asleep on a beach) which i claw my way out of only to find myself in a HUGE, completely flat desert. After a while, a giant bird-thing flys down from the cloudless sky, picks me up and carrys me faster than a concord to Jewrusalum (whos stone buildings are always on fire for some reason) and then drops me from outer space down onto the dome of the rock, who's always smashes like a mirror under my super heavy body (sorry to any muslims for dreaming that) and carry on under the hill ending up in... outer space, where i find out i'm the planet Jupiter. I have a chat with the sun (who claim's he's Gd) and the moon (who says the same thing), but whoever i agree with i always end up slaming Earth into the centre of the sun. If i'm not awake by then, i go into one of my 'normal' dreams where i'm either some small part of a huge system (a single grain of sand on a beach, a leaf blowing through an Autmn forrest, an ice cube floating in a far too warm sea, you get the picture), some pixel monster from a 1980's videogame (pacman, the ship off space invaders, the bouncy thing in centepeed, the scoorboard in pong, you name it i've been it) or a cartoon charactar (mainly i'm in a Hannah Babera short and get killed off hundreds of times efore i wake up, but i had one SP dream where I was Mr.Tweek and i had to make a decision between saving my son and geting a lifetimes suply of gold blend [made with real gold in my dream] for some reason i've forgotten coz i had the dream five years ago). But yeah, my dreams are usually quite normal.
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:04 am

You all seem to have amazing dreams there. Wish mine were that surreal.

I've had recurring dreams about tornadoes and drowning for most of my life. The scariest variation of the tornado dream is when I'm standing in my parents' driveway when a funnel cloud touches down about ten feet away from me. I discover I'm completely petrified and unable to run away, so I start screaming for help. The tornado never moves, either, but I can still hear it sucking up air and know it's a matter of time before I get sucked up as well.

As for drowning, every dream involved me sinking into cold water with no ability to hold onto anything or swim. It's scary... until I realize I'm able to breathe, but then I wake up in this wave of numbness, as if I were still in the water. It's weird.

Probably the creepiest dream I've ever had was last March in which I was being pursued on the school grounds by a rapist and wound up in a science lab where a bunch of professors were planning to (I'm not making this up) cut me open and hide about fifteen "special hamsters" inside and on top of various organs. They even showed me a bunch of diagrams of what it would look like, and seriously, the images still creep the hell out of me when I think about them. I remember breaking loose and being chased by everyone and then waking up in a cold sweat and paranoid that some creepy guy would appear at the foot of my bed and do something. XD

Sorry for creeping any of you out. ^^;
Illegitimi non carborundum.
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:10 am

Yeah, I've woken up and found a creepy guy next to me. Then I realized it was the Burger King King and I strangled him, and then I found out it was actually this kid I ordered a hamburger and some fries from earlier that day. I think he forgot to give me my change and came after me. Dunno what the suit was for though.

Speaking of creepy stalkers, I had a dream about going on a date with you the other night. I dunno if this is the best time to tell you that though, as I'm an extremely creepy person. D:

In a related matter, do you by any chance like lasagna? You ordered it in my dream. O_o
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:44 pm

Blue Twilight wrote:You all seem to have amazing dreams there. Wish mine were that surreal.

I've had recurring dreams about tornadoes and drowning for most of my life. The scariest variation of the tornado dream is when I'm standing in my parents' driveway when a funnel cloud touches down about ten feet away from me. I discover I'm completely petrified and unable to run away, so I start screaming for help. The tornado never moves, either, but I can still hear it sucking up air and know it's a matter of time before I get sucked up as well.

Oh man.. that does sound really scary.. O.o I hate the inability-to-run-away theme.. worst feeling in the world. ><

Even so, though.. I LOVE tornado dreams! It's so weird - they scare the hell out of me, and yet they're the most fascinating dreams I have. Mostly because when there's a tornado in my dream, it's usually not a threat.. just something amazing to look at.

Speaking of weather/cosmos-related dreams.. am I the only one who NEVER has a normal sky appear in their dreams? Ever? If I'm ever looking up at the sky in my dreams, something weird is always happening.. like the moon will be zipping across the sky really fast in a horizontal line, or the sun will be filling up half the sky or just dramatically changing in size. Once I had a dream that the moon floated in through the window of my dining room, too.. and it was about as big as a dinner plate. XDD Those sorts of dreams really freak me out, and yet I wish I had more of them, because they're JUST SO AWESOME.
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:51 pm

MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote:Speaking of weather/cosmos-related dreams.. am I the only one who NEVER has a normal sky appear in their dreams? Ever?

I usually don't look at the sky in my dreams, too busy with the other crazy stuff that happens. XD Oh man, I bet my dreams explain A LOT about who I ended up becoming :/
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”