Is is right to insult a person's spouse in a flame war?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

tweekslady

Postby tweekslady » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:22 am

MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:Would Trey and Matt approve of you deleting his fanfiction..I don't remember them being very big fans of censorship.

LMAO.. point well made, M00n. XD

I dont think matt and trey wold give a f*ck all together XD
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:22 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:Would Trey and Matt approve of you deleting his fanfiction..I don't remember them being very big fans of censorship.

Maybe they'll get in touch with nall about this. Than nall can get in touch with me. Then I'll stop.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:24 am

Jesus, this is giving me such tired-head. Can someone just email me the highlights when all is said and done? I've gotta go and let my brain explode now.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:24 am

Mabey this whole topic we're on right now should be moved to it's on thread, and leave this one to it's subject. Before it gets locked. :lol:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:25 am

Good luck trying to stop him from being a dick. He seems like a person that'll hold grudges, and boy will he :P

In any case, this flamewar...it's nothing compared to drama and bashing that I've seen elsewhere. You know Encyclopedia Dramatica? People there make wiki entries solely to bash and ridicule certain people on the net. Some may say they deserve it, others would say they're being attacked mercilessly.

And you know why they get away with saying such horrible things? Because it's the internet.

It doesn't make it right, and frankly, there are places that've disturbed me greatly, but it happens.

It's not too different from the real world in some aspects, except in real life, you could beat the crap out of the person that pisses you off. If you were like that, of course. Some of us don't have that kind of...backbone.

Likewise, in the real world, you couldn't get away with stalking and so much harassment. The internet's an 'escape' from the real world in some aspects, but at the same time, it's not.

Some people can try and build a thicker skin, but it's tough.

The thing is, is to not let 'anonymous'es get at you. You're only giving them WHAT they want. And thus, when you feed the anonymous, you add to the internet drama and its redundant redundancy.
Last edited by Cerisa_Roz on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:25 am

That's not happening anytime soon it looks like..
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
tweekslady

Postby tweekslady » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:25 am

gtaca2005 wrote:Mabey this whole topic we're on right now should be moved to it's on thread, and leave this one to it's subject. Before it gets locked. :lol:

Then it'd be boring..
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:25 am

gtaca2005 wrote:I think we should make a thread made for flame wars. Of course, not to get into a real flame war, just one for fun. :D

Done!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/bb ... 620#603620

That idea was put into position once.. believe me, it is not a good idea..

Oh well.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:26 am

We should make an entry for CTE on Encyclopedia Dramatica. Someone else will have to do it though. I got banned from editing ED because I was trolling (but... I thought it was a troll site to begin with!)
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:27 am

Well, if you are going to delete Nommel's fanfiction due to his bad behaviour, you had better make that a rule for everyone on this board. You had better have a notice posted on the fanfiction section that says anyone trolling on the board is disqualified from posting any fanfiction and their stories will be deleted. And, you had better enforce this rule, because maybe Nommel isn't the only one who deserves to have his stories deleted then, because he isn't the only one who causes trouble, he is just less subtle about it.

And, maybe you should apply this new rule to people who post fan art too.
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:28 am

Oh swellman, what have you done? D:
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:29 am

Schantrac wrote:Like Will cares what anyone thinks.. remember, it is HIS way! RAWR!

Oh yeah, I forgot! This is the same guy who chose to make an ANNOUNCEMENT thread insulting one of the posters. -.- Because THAT was necessary.

You know what? Look, Willy, I don't care how much you dislike someone who posts on this board. It's not your job as a moderator to make fun of that person publicly, and it's definitely not your job to go around ripping people's creative works off the site just because YOU PERSONALLY have a problem with them. Do what you were appointed to do, which is to keep the board in check. You're obviously not doing a very good job of that, seeing how many people are annoyed and/or upset with you over this.
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:35 am

MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot! This is the same guy who chose to make an ANNOUNCEMENT thread insulting one of the posters. -.- Because THAT was necessary.

You know what? Look, Willy, I don't care how much you dislike someone who posts on this board. It's not your job as a moderator to make fun of that person publicly, and it's definitely not your job to go around ripping people's creative works off the site just because YOU PERSONALLY have a problem with them. Do what you were appointed to do, which is to keep the board in check. You're obviously not doing a very good job of that, seeing how many people are annoyed and/or upset with you over this.

Hell, get me removed, and I can leave this board and NEVER look back. :) I do what I can with the limited power I have. If I were the admin here, Nommel would have been banned long ago.

As for personal problems with Nommel, I don't know him, and I don't have personal problems with people I don't know. He hasn't hurt me any, personally.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:35 am

I'm not toching that with a 80-foot pole. :shock:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:37 am

This has to be a milestone thread for the BBS. It has started at least 5 fights, brought back some old members,spawned 3 different threads, and it has made the BBS interesting to post at for the time-being.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”