Is is right to insult a person's spouse in a flame war?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:06 am

How much do we suck that we call a little argument between us and a moderator madness? :lol:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:19 am

tweekslady wrote:
Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:Since this point is being ignored, I'll repost it.

Schantrac wrote:And dude, don't ask us to point us what YOU POSTED, just read over your last post.

To clarify once more, here's what I wrote and read over, per your suggestion:

Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:I hope some of you never serve in a jury for a rape case--you'd let the rapist free.

I did not compare to what Nommel did to me to a rape. You can't point to it because it was never there to begin with.

I compared the ATTITUDES of those who to those who would blame the victim for a rape.

Get it, now?

We ignored it because you are a dumb f*ck, it was a joke!" Nommel is a rapest now LAWL" DUH. YOU COMPARED IT TO A RAPE CASE,THEREFORE WE MADE NOMMEL THE RAPEST. Got it now? I hope so.

I got the fact that, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, you STILL want to insist that I'm comparing what happened to rape. Who's the real dumb f*ck, here.

I asked that someone point out to me where exactly I said that this was comparable to a rape. Nobody has yet to do so not because it's clear that I was right but because it would negate all of the clever insults you’ve made on my behalf and you would have to admit you were wrong. You would rather deny the truth, despite that it’s staring right at you and everyone else from the screen, than have to admit I was right.

I can see why you’re willing to defend what Nommel’s behavior.

If we’re going to use this post to reminisce, permit me to do so: I remember when this BBS knew the difference between right and wrong, where way-out-of-line actions towards another member was dealt with and nobody was chastised for bringing injustice to everyone else’s attention.
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
Kaixx

Postby Kaixx » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:44 pm

I'm glad you are all getting the lulz you wanted. O_O
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:31 pm

Nommel's fanfics were deleted. I'd say he was punished pretty severely, CTE. The problem people have with you is that you would take an insult from someone you don't know living far away that seriously. You may not have directly compared it to rape, but you did make the connection yourself. You didn't say that this is as bad as rape, but you assumed that because people thought you were overreacting to Nommel's insult that we would do the same with a rape case. We would not take rape so lightly as it actually causes harm unto another person. An insult over the internet can easily be shrugged off. Who cares what Nommel says about your wife? He doesn't know her. His words have no effect unless you allow them to, which you are. But I emphasize once again that Nommel did not get by unpunished.
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:34 pm

Yea Nommel is a f*ckface anyway. You are the only one who cares about what he has to say, dude.
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:38 pm

Jackie it's not nice to directly insult members like that..

A mod should lock this thread already. We don't need to start up stuff again..
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:39 pm

Dude relax it was a joke...

Nommel tends to not take anything seriously so I'm sure he would have got the joke...
No_substitute_for_you
Board Moderator

Postby No_substitute_for_you » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:39 pm

Okay, enough already. Way to resolve an issue on your own, guys. Well done. XD
fhdjasfhskdlhajkfhskdla
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:36 am

POSTING IN A LEGENDARY THREAD!!
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”