Recurring dreams

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Just_Jackie

Recurring dreams

Postby Just_Jackie » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:03 am

Do you guys ever have reccurring dreams?

I have tendencies to have this same type of dream and I had it again last night.

I have had a similar dream where someone, always a celebrity I really like, was trying to give me some kind of contact information for them, and I was trying to write it down, but I couldn't. The first time it was a dream where a singer I liked was trying to give me his phone number, the second time it was an actor I liked trying to give me his email address, and last night it was Trey trying to give me his mailing address.

In all three cases, they were telling me the info, and I could hear what they were saying...but I couldn't make my hand and my ears work together to write down what they were telling me. :(

That really sucks. :(
Edduyasha

Re: Re-occurring dreams

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:10 am

Just_Jackie wrote:Do you guys ever have re-occurring dreams?

I have tendencies to have this same type of dream and I had it again last night.

I have had a similar dream where someone, always a celebrity I really like, was trying to give me some kind of contact information for them, and I was trying to write it down, but I couldn't. The first time it was a dream where a singer I liked was trying to give me his phone number, the second time it was an actor I liked trying to give me his email address, and last night it was Trey trying to give me his mailing address.

In all three cases, they were telling me the info, and I could hear what they were saying...but I couldn't make my hand and my ears work together to write down what they were telling me. :(

That really sucks. :(

Strange... I have very strange dreams...ones that seem to tell the future of the next day.

I remember a few years back, I dreamed that I accidentally snapped my violin bow in two. Lo behold, the next day, it snapped in two as I was playing my violin.

On multiple occasions, I'd predict the very outfits my friends (and random people at school) would wear the next days...

:?

As for reoccurring dreams, there's that nightmare about someone (I think the a**hole dean) killing my boyfriend and he dies in my arms...now that sucks...

:cartmanscared:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:14 am

I find myself having dreams of public restrooms lately. Of course I always wake up needing to pee, and I think that's why.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:29 am

BRMBug wrote:I find myself having dreams of public restrooms lately. Of course I always wake up needing to pee, and I think that's why.

Well, as far as I know, dreams are a product from your REM sleep cycle- during REM sleep, your brain processes the things you experienced during the day (or whenever you were awake). As the experiences get processed and stored away in memory banks, you have dreams...so things may be related to recent experiences.

I could go on and on about dreams, but I'll leave that for another time...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:32 am

Well that would explain why Trey was trying to give me his mailing address in my dream last night. I've been looking for contact info to SPS lately.

But the one I had about Michael Ironside giving me his email address I had recently doesn't make much sense as that was recent as well.

Damnit I hate dreams.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:41 am

Ironside? :shock: Was he in the chair and everything?

Damn, the only celeb(s) I've dreamt about (in the past few years) are Matt and Trey. Here's a link to what I wrote about it...
http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/bb ... tart=19590
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:55 am

Just_Jackie wrote:Well that would explain why Trey was trying to give me his mailing address in my dream last night. I've been looking for contact info to SPS lately.

But the one I had about Michael Ironside giving me his email address I had recently doesn't make much sense as that was recent as well.

Damnit I hate dreams.

Ah, I see... Dreams are strange, anyhow...

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:05 pm

I've had a few re-occurring dreams.. I've dreamt something in a dream once and while dreaming felt I'd dreamt it before..
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:51 pm

:shock: Me too! God, a few nights ago, I had a dream within a dream, within a dream (etc, etc,) and just had the feeling that I couldn't wake up! That was scary. I've also been nodding off, or just about to wake up, I'm on my back, and I have this feeling that someone's leaning over my bed, looking at me. The last time it happened, I could see that it was a dark figure with long hair, wearing a red and white trucker's hat. :? That freaked me out.
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:06 pm

I frequently have dreams of a homocidal gorilla chasing me.
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:23 pm

That's.. nice...
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
LA_KING_91

Postby LA_KING_91 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:16 pm

yeah I dream of seeing "rich snakes".
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:23 am

I had a weird dream the night before last where I was being treated for an unknown medical condition (possibly something related to chronic pain) using a bizarre new treatment that involved a large bag of fluid attached to my spine in several places with needles. The worst part was that I had to lay on top of this bag in sort of a reclined wheelchair, even while attending my classes. Whatever it was, it made me so drowsy that I couldn't concentrate. The recurring element was the wheelchair, which is strange because I've never used a wheelchair in my life.

Later, this dream shifted into another recurring dream, where I was making my way through a vast library. It was countless stories high and had shelves and tables of books everywhere, making it look more like a bookstore than a library. Even the stairways were lined with shelves of even more books. That's when I realized--I couldn't escape.

Last night I had another dream with a recurring theme. I was on my way back from vacation with my family when we discovered that the bridge up ahead had collapsed. With nowhere to go and nothing else to do, I ended up being asked to help them figure out how to repair it. I said they'd have to rebuild the underwater supports from scratch, judging from the fact that the whole thing had practically disappeared, but the city had a different idea. They wanted to build platforms into the cliffside starting from another nearby bridge, so that they could walk their way over and use that to start rebuilding the first one.

Ultimately I ended up being asked to climb down the cliffside and check the water depth, as well as if there was anything left of the supports. I had to jump. It was then that I discovered that the cliff was only about 10 feet high, even though it had looked like several hundred feet from above, and the water was knee-deep, even though I was told it was a mile in depth.
Lord Dunderhead

Postby Lord Dunderhead » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:55 am

... I don't dream anymore.
Jack your stepping on a land mine...
So?
Just checking.
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:49 pm

I always have those damn dreams right when you are falling asleep and it seems like you are falling so you wake up kicking and screaming.
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”