What kind of superpower would you have?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:51 pm

I would have the power to control how ugly and hot a person could be. It would be wonderful just to f*ck around with all those self absorbed ass faces
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
KING_BUTTERS

Postby KING_BUTTERS » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:50 pm

Craig-and-Clyde wrote:I would have the power to control how ugly and hot a person could be. It would be wonderful just to f*ck around with all those self absorbed ass faces

so why make anyone ugly

Everyone knows its Butters,Thats me!
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:13 pm

KING_BUTTERS wrote:
Craig-and-Clyde wrote:I would have the power to control how ugly and hot a person could be. It would be wonderful just to f*ck around with all those self absorbed ass faces

so why make anyone ugly

To punish the really pretty shallow people who are mean to people who are less attractive than they are. Teach them how it feels to be made fun of because of how they look.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:16 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:
KING_BUTTERS wrote:

so why make anyone ugly

To punish the really pretty shallow people who are mean to people who are less attractive than they are. Teach them how it feels to be made fun of because of how they look.

Hell yeah, I could sure use that...

We don't have superpowers for a reason, though. If everyone had superpowers, anarchy would ensue, because people would be fighting for dominance over the world. Everyone would just end up killing each other...right?

But, I digress; it'd be nice to put some people back in their place through humility.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:33 pm

The ultimate power would be to be able to control the flow of time at will. No other power could beat it. That'd be the power I would have.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:56 pm

Thunderhorse wrote:The ultimate power would be to be able to control the flow of time at will. No other power could beat it. That'd be the power I would have.

Just like in "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time"?
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:59 am

Thunderhorse wrote:
The ultimate power would be to be able to control the flow of time at will. No other power could beat it. That'd be the power I would have.

Just like in "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time"?

As anyone who's either played through that game would say, the power to controll time is NOT the ultimate power.
I nevwr got the chance to play through that game though, as my experement to see if the disk had the same gravity defying powers as the prince himself (inspired by my ten-thousandth repetitive death trying to climb the same wall) by throwing it out of my window onto the hard street below; it's safe to say the disk doesn't house any secret powers :)

Anyway, no-one would ever be able to stand up to my 'eat all the frozen dairy products and suggar saturated water you want and never, ever feel the urge to throw your guts out of your mouth' power. Well, they wouldn't be able to beat me in an eating contest anyway
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:03 am

I agree, the power to rewind time and replay events wouldn't be all it's cracked up to be. According to the laws of physics (unless your power extends into being able to break those) the only way one could theoretically interact with the past is in such a way that causes the future to happen as it already is. So you wouldn't be able to go back in time and kill your own parents, or otherwise change the past. Also, refer to the episodes of Red vs. Blue where Church goes back in time to try to prevent certain things from happening, only to end up causing them himself. :D

And to explain my previous post:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_a_G ... ht_Zone%29
And
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haruhi_Suzumiya
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:31 am

I have often though about what it would be like to have a super power, and the more I think about it, and what i would do with it, the scenerios always end up with me hurting someone or breaking them emotionally. I have come to realize that that is pretty much evil in all its truest form. I usually pride myself on being a nice guy that you can get along with, but given power I fear a darker part of my personality would emerge. I think its best I don't have any powers.
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:45 am

I'm not saying replay things over and over, but to halt the flow all together. I could stop a burglary by stopping time, grabbing the guns and pointing them at the burglars before continuing the flow of time. You could conquer any obstacle with that power.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:48 am

Craig-and-Clyde wrote:I have often though about what it would be like to have a super power, and the more I think about it, and what i would do with it, the scenerios always end up with me hurting someone or breaking them emotionally. I have come to realize that that is pretty much evil in all its truest form. I usually pride myself on being a nice guy that you can get along with, but given power I fear a darker part of my personality would emerge. I think its best I don't have any powers.

You have a good point there. I believe that's the reason why people don't have superpowers. Everyone would probably end up going crazy and killing each other until nothing was left...but it sure is fun to speculate...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:55 am

The power that has all powers.
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:58 pm

Craig-and-Clyde wrote:I have often though about what it would be like to have a super power, and the more I think about it, and what i would do with it, the scenerios always end up with me hurting someone or breaking them emotionally. I have come to realize that that is pretty much evil in all its truest form. I usually pride myself on being a nice guy that you can get along with, but given power I fear a darker part of my personality would emerge. I think its best I don't have any powers.

Hey, every superhero has that inner demon inside of them. Superpowers (if they existed) should only be granted on those who aren't reckless and thrill-seekers, or on those who want absolute power over everything and can be corrupted, but on those who have the will and the courage to do the right things.

"With great power comes great responsibility."

(Why do you think I'm called "marvel_freak_42?")
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:00 pm

Superpowers in fiction are essentially literary hyperbole of the special talents and traits that ordinary people have. Everyone's good at something, and that's the basis for superpowers. Besides, people are already dangerous enough without literal superpowers.
Thunderhorse wrote:I'm not saying replay things over and over, but to halt the flow all together. I could stop a burglary by stopping time, grabbing the guns and pointing them at the burglars before continuing the flow of time. You could conquer any obstacle with that power.

That's different. That's more like "bullet time" from action movies like The Matrix, or games like Max Payne.

How would you stop a bomb from going off though?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:49 pm

Well, if you had that power, you could slow or freeze time and be able to bunt it into outerspace or something, I dunno.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”