How would describe your political views?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:05 am

Libertanians are the only people (apart from commies, but there arn't many of us left...) who'd think of splitting the political spectrul into views on law AND views on the economy instead of combining them like the 'left' and the 'right'.

Uber-liberal in the economic sense (high tax, social medicine, free housing) or uber-liberal in the social sense (legalise meth, public sex and polygamy)?
I'm Uber-uber-liberal on both counts, but that's just me.
Kenny_And_Me_Forever

Postby Kenny_And_Me_Forever » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:36 am

According the Advocates For Self-Government, I'm am a Libertarian with both Personal and Economics of Matters and do I really have to consider about this quiz about what I'm am? I don't think I'm really a Libertarian, I'm more like a Conservative because I always restrict Traditional Values and stuff like that.
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:11 am

Legalize meth? What the f*ck is up with that SuperMaidz? Ever seen what that's done to people?
Guess_Who_I_Am_Not

Postby Guess_Who_I_Am_Not » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:33 am

Politics don't matter to me for the following reasons:

1. People will never listen to my views anyway
2. I find politicians repulsive because all of them, without fail, care only about themselves
3. People are stupid sheep
4. I'm insane
5. I'm insane
6. I'm insane and very weird
7. I'm too lazy to talk about my real political beliefs
8. Most importantly, I hate almost everyone in America and the rest of the world anyway
albino.black.sheep wrote:My cat ran away with an extra strong mint on his head.

xx_emuteeth_xx wrote:shut up douche im not retaded
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:52 am

Meh...I'm just in for practical solutions to problems. Most would consider me liberal (maybe even anarchist), but I don't really mind the labels. All I care for is that someone should at least try to step up and fix up the world one way or another...but, nah...fat chance. It's about as likely as Cartman joining the hippies.

Oh, well. Woe to the world. I think I'll just move to a deserted Pacific island.

Just kidding.

:cartmanlaugh:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:21 pm

SuperMaids wrote:Libertanians are the only people (apart from commies, but there arn't (sic) many of us left...) who'd think of splitting the political spectrul (sic) into views on law AND views on the economy instead of combining them like the 'left' and the 'right'.

Well, there's also the fact that terms of black and white are rarely an accurate way to describe things, especially something as complicated as political views. Anyone who has any sense tends to define their views on an issue-per-issue basis, rather than adhering to a label and letting the label do the thinking for them (and I hate people who fall into the latter category). Libertarian doesn't always mean moderate or middle-grounded either, because even libertarians have their extremists.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:28 am

My oppinion exactly Kyle; use of lables in any way pisses me off unbelievably, unless they're just to help catagorise simmilar people. When the people use the lable to define themselves, that's worrying, becvause it stifles independant thought.
Which is why I lean against authority. Anti-authoritarians might have their downsides (the ones trying to legalise incest or meth spring to mind) but they tend to think for themselves about an issue before making a decision.
Coherent belief systems lead to those holding them achieving a lable; you'd have to be very unstable to hold an authoritarian view on half the social issues that arise and an anarchistic view of the other half, or to support communism in some areas but capitalism in others.
That doesn't mean there arn't a lot of very unstable people around though...
HellStrykeXL

Postby HellStrykeXL » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:44 pm

Do they really expect to get a good grip on political views through just a few questions!?

I'll have to agree with KTS on this one, these are terms that are just too broad to be used in all situations. :?
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Sizzling Lynn wrote:A guy in my grade eleven Bio class last year was dared to lick a rat's balls and he went along with it...is that considered manly?

No, that is the opposite of manly.
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:58 pm

I'd describe my political views as cynical, skeptical and indifferent. I basically am not interested in politics because I think it's all just about people wanting more money and more power to themselves and bullsh*tting around at "little people"'s expense.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:01 pm

strumpfhose wrote:I'd describe my political views as cynical, skeptical and indifferent. I basically am not interested in politics because I think it's all just about people wanting more money and more power to themselves and bullsh*tting around at "little people"'s expense.

That's good. I like that. I'm with Anna on this.
Email notifications do matter, people.
HellStrykeXL

Postby HellStrykeXL » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:26 pm

In an email, FreedomFighter wrote:I'm a Centrist Neocon with just a touch of Libertarianism. How's that for a political broth?
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Sizzling Lynn wrote:A guy in my grade eleven Bio class last year was dared to lick a rat's balls and he went along with it...is that considered manly?

No, that is the opposite of manly.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”