Rant about Stupid People!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Edduyasha
Posts: 2709
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:55 pm

Rant about Stupid People!

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:19 am

"Who made you God/We're not all hardcore/Expand your horizons and get over yourself" Rant (or the huge-a*s rant I mentioned in my post before somewhere else):

As mentioned, I've developed an intrest in South Park, especially in the movie. Now, I was looking for a few reference screenshots for a little more fanart I was going to do, and I came across this website: "CapAlert" or something like that . This website in a nutshell is a site devoted to "protect kids from bad movies/inform parents/etc." Yeah, right. My rant is...

1. Who died and made your organization God?

- Seriously, you people piss me off. You act as if you have the final word on what people can or cannot watch on TV and stuff. First of all, you aren't. People can watch whatever they please. Heck, there are "worse" movies out there than "South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut"; the South Park movie was only rated R. Have you people forgotten what the NC-17 rating means? Or, are you too timid to expand your knowledge on media in general? Point being, you can't decide for others what is okay and not okay to watch.

2. We're not all hardcore Christians, mind you.

- Look here. This is coming from a fellow Christian. Not all of us are hardcore like you people. Some of us like to let loose a little bit. I mean, what's the fun in life if you can't joke around a little? If we took everything seriously, we'd all die of stress in about a month because we live with other people. Furthermore, I take it that you're the type who will shove Bibles in random peoples' faces and preach eternal damnation rather than the salvation of Jesus. I get the gist that you're the ones scaring people away from Christianity. Well, maybe you ought to realize that some people believe the same exact thing as you, but these people have lives.

3. We're not retarded, m'kay?

- First of all, you'd have to be living under a rock (pretty much) if you haven't ever heard of "South Park". Yes, it is a cartoon, but it's aimed at teenagers and older viewers. Any parent with common sense wouldn't show anything South Park related to their children until their coming of age. In addition, anyone with common sense would know that it's supposed to be a comedy; most (if not all) of it is a joke. It's not supposed to be taken seriously. It's just pure common sense. What is there to figure out? Perhaps, you should try to figure out that not all people are raised as innocent little freaks who know nothing at all.

4. If you don't like it, don't watch it. It's not that hard.

- Again, this is common sense. If you don't like the movie's content, then don't watch it. It's not that hard. Even if you did try to pull the movie from store shelves, what good would that do? (I get the feeling that you're the ones against "Harry Potter" and such, even if it's just fiction.) There's something called bootleg movies, YouTube, and Google. It's too bad that you hate every "bad" movie, but you're going to have to live with it.

5. Get over yourselves.

- In your review, it was written that: "In the months that followed our posting of this analysis report we received thousands of emails from adolescents who have seen this movie and spoke just like it. With the same or more severe level of contempt for wholesome and righteous ethics. I would post examples of their email here but most of them would look like "You --- ---, ---. You are a --- and a ---. Go --- ---. And see who cares about your --- ---, you --- --- sorry --- --- --- ---. --- my ---. And Satan's, too, you --- uncle ---- donkey ---." Just like South "Puke": Bigger, Longer, and Uncut. And some people actually believe movies do not influence kids." Well, excuse me. I am an adolecent, too, and did I go off and use swear words every two words? I think not. Not all teenagers are foul-mouthed brats like you portray here. By the way, calling names isn't going to help your image, at least to my like-minded bretheren.

6. All teenagers and their intrests are not evil

- Not everything related to teenage doings and humor is evil. Take for example, metal music. It's portrayed as "Satanic" and such...but have you ever thought of the (obscure) branch of metal music? Yes, there are Christian metal bands out there (ex: Underoath). Just because music has heavy guitar riffs and driving drumlines doesn't mean it's Satanic, mind you. I'll leave music and everything else to another rant for another time; point being, you people need to expand your horizons and lighten up.

Anyways, this was a little rant inspired by a conversation somewhere else on the BBS with SuperMaids...and I wanted to know everyone's opinion on this...

// Edduyasha over and out.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...


- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Thunderhorse
Posts: 2615
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:09 pm

Postby Thunderhorse » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:19 am

Amen sister!

Preach it!
Image
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18835
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Postby Big-Will » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:27 am

They've been at this sort of thing for over 10 years now; they're not about to expand their horizons or lighten up now.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
iceiwynd
Posts: 2905
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:24 am

Postby iceiwynd » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:14 am

Dude, it's just CapAlert. They're just mostly really, really funny. Wonderful for the people who take it seriously, and hilarious to the rest. There's absolutely no need to get worked up over them.
Keejit
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:54 pm

Postby Keejit » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:15 pm

Something everyone should try to understand - stupid people are funny.

This is why reality TV was created & why it's so popular & will continue to churn out retarded TV programmes for some time to come.

There are plenty of stupid people ready to sign up to look stupid on stupid TV shows. Result - stupid people show us how funny they are without 'us' having to actually encounter them in real life.
Edduyasha
Posts: 2709
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:55 pm

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:49 pm

Thunderhorse wrote:Amen sister!

Preach it!


Meh...tis just me getting in a ranty mood last night...er, not really...it was a rant from maybe about two months ago.

:cartmanlaugh:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...


- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Edduyasha
Posts: 2709
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:55 pm

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:52 pm

Big-Will wrote:They've been at this sort of thing for over 10 years now; they're not about to expand their horizons or lighten up now.


Stupid people...what can you say?

:roll:

iceiwynd wrote:Dude, it's just CapAlert. They're just mostly really, really funny. Wonderful for the people who take it seriously, and hilarious to the rest. There's absolutely no need to get worked up over them.


Yeah...but it's just one of those things...ah, nevermind. I just think they're complete idiots and paranoid parents. They think they're God: they sign off every page with "In the name of God/Jesus"...


Keejit wrote:Something everyone should try to understand - stupid people are funny.

This is why reality TV was created & why it's so popular & will continue to churn out retarded TV programmes for some time to come.

There are plenty of stupid people ready to sign up to look stupid on stupid TV shows. Result - stupid people show us how funny they are without 'us' having to actually encounter them in real life.


True...but I hate most reality TV. I find it tasteless and dull...maybe with the exception of "The Osbournes", but it doesn't air anymore...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...


- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
SuperMaids
Posts: 760
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:35 am

Postby SuperMaids » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:06 am

While I've sent My fair share of ranty emails to CAPalert (are you sure they've been going 10 years?!) I only do it because I find them so darn funny. It's always good to have a little rant/ flamewar, just don't ecxpect to change these people, I'm sure they don't even believe half the sh*t they spout.
I was even thinking of becoming a CAPtain by donating $100 to them (I like charities that support the mentally ill :wink: ) just to see if they'd respond to my mail after that, and to see if I'd get one of their crappy certificates even though I don't live in Gd's ONE CHOSEN NATION, the USA!
*feel the crowds woop! USA! USA!USA!*
Then I realised they still won't respond to any part of my mail that doesn't blatantly insult them or support them in every concievable way. I tried 3 long, reasoned arguments mainly supporting them, and they only responded to the support not any of my criticisms (mainly about how they make Pinochio into child porn because it has a topless boy in it, and topless boys turn *every* streight man's crank all the way) before I gave them a letter consisting only of words I coppied streight from the Daily Mail (I'm outraged at your site, It appals me to see such a retard, you're the satanic kiddie fiddler) and they responded to the whole thing. why?
Because they're trolls, and only like an easy target set.

Good thread by the way Edd!
Edduyasha
Posts: 2709
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:55 pm

Postby Edduyasha » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:10 am

SuperMaids wrote:While I've sent My fair share of ranty emails to CAPalert (are you sure they've been going 10 years?!) I only do it because I find them so darn funny. It's always good to have a little rant/ flamewar, just don't ecxpect to change these people, I'm sure they don't even believe half the sh*t they spout.
I was even thinking of becoming a CAPtain by donating $100 to them (I like charities that support the mentally ill :wink: ) just to see if they'd respond to my mail after that, and to see if I'd get one of their crappy certificates even though I don't live in Gd's ONE CHOSEN NATION, the USA!
*feel the crowds woop! USA! USA!USA!*
Then I realised they still won't respond to any part of my mail that doesn't blatantly insult them or support them in every concievable way. I tried 3 long, reasoned arguments mainly supporting them, and they only responded to the support not any of my criticisms (mainly about how they make Pinochio into child porn because it has a topless boy in it, and topless boys turn *every* streight man's crank all the way) before I gave them a letter consisting only of words I coppied streight from the Daily Mail (I'm outraged at your site, It appals me to see such a retard, you're the satanic kiddie fiddler) and they responded to the whole thing. why?
Because they're trolls, and only like an easy target set.

Good thread by the way Edd!


Meh...they're stupid, that's all. It's about as trustable as Encyclopedia Dramatica (Google it if you don't know what it is)...but what really gets me is that they sign off each page with "In the name of Jesus/God". Now...if they really think they're Providence, then they'll have a great time answering to Him on Judgement Day...

:wink:

By the way, the new FanFic Competition thread is up!
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...


- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
SuperMaids
Posts: 760
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:35 am

Postby SuperMaids » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:59 am

It's about as trustable as Encyclopedia Dramatica

It's about as funny too. Don't tell me you find any entry on that thing, the Borat entry for example (act's like it's real, read's like an official Iranian website), the least bit unfunny. Dont!
but what really gets me is that they sign off each page with "In the name of Jesus/God". Now...if they really think they're Providence, then they'll have a great time answering to Him on Judgement Day...

Don't you find it odd that any and all religious groups claiming to know His divine will (they're all obviously smarter than Job, Saint Paul and Mosses) seem to share God's position on EVERY political issue imaginable?
I hate to coppy them, but I'm sure using religion to push their politics kinda constitutes tanking His name in vein...
I think...
Lord Dunderhead
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:44 am

Postby Lord Dunderhead » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:46 am

I typically don't rant about stupid people.






I mean... we're talking about stupid people here lol.
Jack your stepping on a land mine...
So?
Just checking.
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18835
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Postby Big-Will » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:33 am

SuperMaids wrote:are you sure they've been going 10 years?!

Yes. Their site now says since December 2000, but archived versions of the site indicate it actually started in 1995. Its design looks like it came from that year, too.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Edduyasha
Posts: 2709
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:55 pm

Postby Edduyasha » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:37 am

Big-Will wrote:
SuperMaids wrote:are you sure they've been going 10 years?!

Yes. Their site now says since December 2000, but archived versions of the site indicate it actually started in 1995. Its design looks like it came from that year, too.


Sad...just sad...in a lulz-filled way.

Stupid people/paranoid parents will always be stupid people/paranoid parents, "Christian" or not.

:roll:

Lord Dunderhead wrote:I typically don't rant about stupid people.

I mean... we're talking about stupid people here lol.


Well...sometimes, they just get to you...

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...


- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Guess_Who_I_Am_Not
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:23 pm

Postby Guess_Who_I_Am_Not » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:40 pm

:( I'm a stupid person :(
albino.black.sheep wrote:My cat ran away with an extra strong mint on his head.

xx_emuteeth_xx wrote:shut up douche im not retaded
tweekedkenny
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:28 pm

Postby tweekedkenny » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:01 pm

I hate CAPalert. They give Christians a bad name. Even though I don't believe in hell or satan, I hope they will be eternaly damned by eternal life in Sudan. How about you go give to charity instead of saying "Harry Potter" is the devil's work? Oh wait, that would make you have to actually do something good as a Christian.
Image

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests