The Official Rush Thread of SPS

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

tweekedkenny

The Official Rush Thread of SPS

Postby tweekedkenny » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:07 pm

Talk about the greatest band ever, and if you've been to a concert, seen the Li'l Rush skit, and just their music in general.

I recently saw a concert on July 8th in Halmdel, New Jersey. It was amazing. They put so much into everything nthey do, and they play for over 3 hours! Next time I go to a concert I will be so disappointed it won't even be funny. And during Neil peart's solo, he was going so fast the cameras couldn't pick up his drumsticks!
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:58 pm

That group is seriously talented! They're all pretty much close to being the best on each of their respective instruments.

and by the way, YYZ is one of the best songs ever!
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:55 pm

Well I know Neil Peart is the best drummer that ever lived. And I'm trying to learn YYZ on bass :lol: It just tears my fingers apart.
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:15 pm

tweekedkenny wrote:Well I know Neil Peart is the best drummer that ever lived. And I'm trying to learn YYZ on bass :lol: It just tears my fingers apart.

Try playing Alex's guitar parts! Playing the "Freewill" solo gave me blisters.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:52 pm

My brother saw that concert, its a great band.
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:14 am

marvel_freak_42 wrote:
tweekedkenny wrote:Well I know Neil Peart is the best drummer that ever lived. And I'm trying to learn YYZ on bass :lol: It just tears my fingers apart.

Try playing Alex's guitar parts! Playing the "Freewill" solo gave me blisters.

Well, I play guitar too, it's just I have superior skills on bass. I would f*cking die on any f*cking solo by Rush.
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:10 pm

Dude. I got to see them in Kansas City.. sitting in the SECOND ROW. It was so amazing.. I was probably no more than twelve feet away from Geddy, and my GOODNESS, can the man still wail out those high notes. :o And yesh, I had a total spazattack when they played the Li'l Rush/Tom Sawyer intro, especially since Tom Sawyer is one of my favourite Rush songs. XD

Yeah, trying to play anything by Rush would be really intimidating. Their music is so complicated. :shock:

And yeah.. I love the fact that the rhythm of the bass in YYZ's intro is really the letters YYZ in Morse Code. XDD
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:04 am

Geddy can still sing high, but not like 2112 high. Second row? I'm gonna killz you! YYZ up close? I'd die happy.
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:49 am

I remember in fourth grade, I used the lyrics from The Trees for a poetry presentation.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”