One for all you YANKS out there; reply or DIE!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:49 am

*sighs*
OK, where did I say that guns are the one and only thing that turn kids into murderous monsters? Nowhere, that's where.
Because I'm not blind *see I can type!* and I can tell kid's are the product of their upbringing (mainly), but you've got to remember that it's not just the parent that brings up the child; it's the whole damn society they live in.
You're probably for guns because you grew up "in the ghetto" as Phatcartman said. Thanks to the crime in the area you lived in, you probbanbly have a great fear of being a victim of crime, so probably want to carry something to protect yourself with *sorry if i'm generalising here*
The availability of guns shapes the world a kid grows up in; weather it makes the kid more or less likely to turn to violence when he's an adult hasn't been established, but it must have SOME effect, just like the cocktail of laws, religion, media and education they grow up in.
Lord Dunderhead

Postby Lord Dunderhead » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:13 am

SuperMaids wrote:*sighs*
OK, where did I say that guns are the one and only thing that turn kids into murderous monsters? Nowhere, that's where.

I never accused you of that... like I said, people tend not to listen, or in this case, read in depth. Thank you for showing that.

If your confused as to why I made such a statement you might want to go back and actually take the time to read in depth. Good day.
Jack your stepping on a land mine...
So?
Just checking.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:11 pm

The US Constitution wrote:A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The second amendment is referring to organized, state run militias. To say it gives all citizens the right to own guns regardless of caliber, rate of fire, criminal history, mental history, etc. is a pretty liberal interpretation of this amendment.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”