Halloween costume ideas!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Sonic Man78

Re: Halloween costume ideas!

Postby Sonic Man78 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:37 pm

Cool Kyle hat, man. Personally, when it comes to Costumes (Or Cosplays for the matter) I either make mine or have them made because I'm not a fan of mass-produced Wall*Mart costumes. Hell, I know how it's like going to the Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts just to find the right fabric for my costumes.

Right now, parts of my original cosplay are in the shop, getting altered, by my wonderful costume seamstress a friend introduced me to last summer.

I'll upload a pic of my original hero, Sonic Man as soon as I get my armour and arm bracers back from the shop.
Last edited by Sonic Man78 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Bullies beware! The Hero Signal means you'll be hurting now!"
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:41 pm

Dude, I have no idea what I'll do this year. I usually get in costume while handing out the candy at the door.

For some reason, though, I keep getting the urge to make like a Mexican wrestler. You know, Nacho Libre and all that stuff...

Edit: Mind you, you do not want to see a guy like me dressed like that!

:stanpuke:
Sonic Man78

Postby Sonic Man78 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:45 pm

That's why Spandex isn't for everybody. :P Seriously though, most of my Hero costume is made outta Spandex because that's the way Hero costumes should be. On your body, and not over your street clothes.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:43 am

Sonic Man78 wrote:Cool Kyle hat, man. Personally, when it comes to Costumes (Or Cosplays for the matter) I either make mine or have them made because I'm not a fan of mass-produced Wall*Mart costumes. Hell, I know how it's like going to the Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts just to find the right fabric for my costumes.

Right now, parts of my original cosplay are in the shop, getting altered, by my wonderful costume seamstress a friend introduced me to last summer.

I'll upload a pic of my original hero, Sonic Man as soon as I get my armour and arm bracers back from the shop.

Thanks... I have Friday off from school, so I'm planning to get the fabric for the Kyle coat then. Does anyone know how much fabric it approximately takes to make a baggy-ish coat (~ adult medium sweatshirt size)? I'm having a hard time figuring out how much I need...

Mass-produced costumes are often flimsy and crappy-quality. They'll fall apart so quickly in my attic, with all the heat and humidity where I live...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:49 am

Since seeing "Night of the Living Homeless", I'm tempted to go as a homeless person.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:50 am

marvel_freak_42 wrote:Since seeing "Night of the Living Homeless", I'm tempted to go as a homeless person.

That shouldn't be too hard...

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Sonic Man78

Postby Sonic Man78 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:55 am

yeah, get some clothes at any Goodwill. :P Man, that was in poor taste. Seriously, though, if you're going to do a bum, wear dirty and smelly old clothes.
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:18 am

Sonic Man78 wrote:yeah, get some clothes at any Goodwill. :P Man, that was in poor taste. Seriously, though, if you're going to do a bum, wear dirty and smelly old clothes.

You mean wear what I always wear? Damn, I'd be going as myself, then.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:13 am

Once, my cousin ran over some jeans and a shirt with my uncle's truck, and splattered fake blood all over them and herself, and went as a run-over pedestrian.
Sonic Man78

Postby Sonic Man78 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:04 pm

Sometimes the best costumes are the ones you make yourself. Who needs Wall*Mart costumes?

While we're on the subject of Wall*Mart costumes... Personally, I've stopped getting mass-produced costumes when I was a freshmen in high school, mainly because I [personally] think they lack quality. For good costumes [or cosplays] that will last you a good while [until they cease to fit you, due to the sands of time] I usually either make or have mine commissioned since [usually] they turn out better and more visually attractive than your typical mass-produced costume. ...That, and when it comes to costuming, [be it for Halloween or Con-going] I take things seriously and am self-consious of how I'll look when I'm in costume, much like a theatrical actor who is on stage, performing a Shakesperian play.
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:10 pm

...Still lookin' for that box...
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:13 pm

Thunderhorse wrote:...Still lookin' for that box...

U-Haul. I'm seriously. Unless you want an actual wooden crate looking thing, then I don't know.

Oh, and I completely avoid the Wal-Mart seasonal aisle during Halloween because everybody, And I do mean everybody pulls the costumes and masks off the peg to look at them, then they just throw them on the floor instead of putting them back. WTH-D?
Sonic Man78

Postby Sonic Man78 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:29 pm

So true, BRMBug, so true about the Wall*Mart seasonal aisle being like that... I just avoid them altogether because I have better sources that I'd rather use.
Broflovskifan1234

Postby Broflovskifan1234 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:34 pm

[color=#FF8000 me and my best guy friend are going as Morticia and Gomez Adams and my guy friend's little sister and brother are going as Wednesday and Pugsley Adams Im taking my dog with us and dressing him up as cousin Itt :mrgreen: [/color]
Hunter: be gone pests and give me the bird
Yakko: we'd love to really but the Fox censors wont allow it
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:29 am

@ Thunderhorse- Have you tried a fridge box? Those are rather large... If not, go to the market and ask for an orange/citrus crate. That could work if you're small enough (like me).

@ BRMBug- Run-over pedestrian? How cute. The seasonal aisle in Wal-Mart is Hell, I'll keep out of it as much as possible, too. I dunno, though. My friends (the kids I hang out with during first class in the library who also have college classes) want to plan a trip to the Wal-Mart by the school at 2 AM, so we can run around, wreak general havoc and not get kicked out...

:twisted:

@ Sonic Man78- I agree. Even though most of my fabric work is not very good, I take pride in knowing that I made the costume myself- planned the patterns, sewed it all together...so on, so forth. If not for the better quality, than surely it's nice for your ego...and where the heck do you find a Kyle costume (in my case)? They don't sell that, as far as I know...they just sell the Cartman/Satan ones, and those don't look like good qualitiy costumes...

Originality for the win...?!
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”