Gay Marriage

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:26 am

plk12345 wrote:thank you, tmp, for the explanation. However, it is important to note that when i spoke about murder, i was not debating gay marriage, but the fact that an immoral act remains immoral independent of whether it affects us personally. Murder merely served as an example to demonstrate this point to abs.

The morality of gay marriage is not the issue here - that's for the couple and their witnesses (including the minister) to decide. This is about the legality of gay marriage. Seeing as same-sex couple seem committed to making things work out, they might as well have all the benefits of a straight couple, including gay divorce. And if you're not debating gay marriage, STAY OUT OF THE THREAD. If you don't stay out, I will lock it because you're constantly derailing it.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:32 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:Anybody reminded of PLK about a year ago?

Shower Shark?

Oh yes, my friend, I know!

But sadly, that last plk debacle was only 5 months ago. He definitely makes time seem stretched out. He make teh internetz cry.

Anyways...

MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote:They're not hurting anybody just by loving each other for who they are. I don't care who disagrees with it or whose religion goes against it; if you don't believe in it, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO IT.

I love this sentiment! I just don't see why same-sex marriage isn't legal, I mean, it's not hurting hetero couples, being gay isn't a disease which can spread, it's not hereditary (one plk's favourite arguments), it's not sexually transmitted, it doesn't create sexual deviants (believe me there's enough straight ones), it doesn't create perverts obsessed with bestiality and paedophilia and it doesn't create polygamous relationships. These are all things that plk insists would happen if same-sex marriage was legal.

If anything, same-sex couples are at a disadvantage, because they can't reproduce with their lover. So, hetero couples will always have one over gay couples.
Email notifications do matter, people.
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:47 pm

Here in Massachusetts we have gay marriage as you know. I can tell you from first had experience that the state has not spontaneously bust into flames, we have not seen an increase in crime rates or a loss of morality, and Satan has not bought a loft in Boston. People are happy and isn't that what our country is all about? The pursuit of happiness? For all of our countries citizens?
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
vexille

Postby vexille » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:04 am

It doesn't take much to piss off right-wing christians. Gods forbid they should tolerate something so trivial and mundane that otherwise leads to people's happiness. Ask them a simple straight-forward question on how nuptials for same-sex couples will ruin civilization as we know it, only to have them launch into a half-baked sermon that "a union can only be between man and woman" or some kind of vague-sounding bullsh*t. Failing that, they'll demand that you "read your bible", only for me to reply "I don't need a bible. I've got plenty of toilet tissue handy."
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
Shas'O Marsh

Postby Shas'O Marsh » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:30 pm

vexille wrote:It doesn't take much to piss off right-wing christians. Gods forbid they should tolerate something so trivial and mundane that otherwise leads to people's happiness. Ask them a simple straight-forward question on how nuptials for same-sex couples will ruin civilization as we know it, only to have them launch into a half-baked sermon that "a union can only be between man and woman" or some kind of vague-sounding bullsh*t. Failing that, they'll demand that you "read your bible", only for me to reply "I don't need a bible. I've got plenty of toilet tissue handy."

I'm like 90% Right-Wing.
I'm Christian.
I'm indifferent on the issue.
SuperMaids wrote:emotionally-lacking secretly transvestite homo-hunting hompohobes and AIDS-crazed ass-rammers
vexille

Postby vexille » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:15 pm

There is always an exception to the rule. Generally speaking, Righty Christ-nuts are quite forceful about the issue.
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
Shas'O Marsh

Postby Shas'O Marsh » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:26 pm

vexille wrote:There is always an exception to the rule. Generally speaking, Righty Christ-nuts are quite forceful about the issue.

Extreme-Right Wing Christians may be wild, but there are aren't any more of them than Extreme-Left Wing Liberal Activists. Basically, it makes as much sense to say, "God, those Gay Activists..." as it does "Right-Wing Christians..." because it links two things that are often not connected in truth. In other words, calling Christians on the Right-Wing crazy is wrong because it assumes the Christian uses his/her religion as basis for political ideals.
SuperMaids wrote:emotionally-lacking secretly transvestite homo-hunting hompohobes and AIDS-crazed ass-rammers
Shas'O Marsh

Postby Shas'O Marsh » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:41 pm

vexille wrote:Okay, in future, I'll just refer to them as E.S.D.F.M.F.C.C.'s (Extremist, Super-Duper, Fanatical, Mother-f*cking Christ's Crusaders) to differentiate them from sane, down to earth christian folk, then.

Just call them assh*le Christians.:P That's what I do.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:00 am

[quote="Shas'O Marsh":683e2][quote="vexille":683e2]Okay, in future, I'll just refer to them as E.S.D.F.M.F.C.C.'s (Extremist, Super-Duper, Fanatical, Mother-f*cking Christ's Crusaders) to differentiate them from sane, down to earth christian folk, then.[/quote:683e2]

Just call them assh*le Christians.:P That's what I do.[/quote:683e2]

LOL nice. :D
HellStrykeXL

Postby HellStrykeXL » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:06 am

I know I promised myself I would stay out of this one.... but for god's sake you guys, why do such threads even exist? It's apparent that no one seems to be able to mimic what can be seen in the Iraq thread, everyone just unprofessionally dukes out insults which from what I can see only hurts a cause, so why bother?

I wonder what FreedomFighter would say to what this thread has become so far. He's probably still locked up in his room summing up the Iraq thread into a novel, but if he decided to come back on here I think he would probably be asking the same thing.

It's text on a screen, not in your face insults, so why get so pissy if someone has a different set of beliefs? It's a privilege that people can associate on here and have open discussions, so why degrade that privilege by turning it into a cyber ground zero that loses it's substance within days of it's inception?

I know it's pretty random that I would post this now, but seriously, people have different views, get over it. Intolerance between two groups has sure caused me a lot of work lately. :?
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Sizzling Lynn wrote:A guy in my grade eleven Bio class last year was dared to lick a rat's balls and he went along with it...is that considered manly?

No, that is the opposite of manly.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:08 am

HellStrykeXL wrote:I know I promised myself I would stay out of this one.... but for god's sake you guys, why do such threads even exist? It's apparent that no one seems to be able to mimic what can be seen in the Iraq thread, everyone just unprofessionally dukes out insults which from what I can see only hurts a cause, so why bother?

I wonder what FreedomFighter would say to what this thread has become so far. He's probably still locked up in his room summing up the Iraq thread into a novel, but if he decided to come back on here I think he would probably be asking the same thing.

It's text on a screen, not in your face insults, so why get so pissy if someone has a different set of beliefs? It's a privilege that people can associate on here and have open discussions, so why degrade that privilege by turning it into a cyber ground zero that loses it's substance within days of it's inception?

I know it's pretty random that I would post this now, but seriously, people have different views, get over it. Intolerance between two groups has sure caused me a lot of work lately. :?

Excuse me, but who has insulted who on this thread?
Shas'O Marsh

Postby Shas'O Marsh » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:09 am

albino.black.sheep wrote:
HellStrykeXL wrote:I know I promised myself I would stay out of this one.... but for god's sake you guys, why do such threads even exist? It's apparent that no one seems to be able to mimic what can be seen in the Iraq thread, everyone just unprofessionally dukes out insults which from what I can see only hurts a cause, so why bother?

Excuse me, but who has insulted who on this thread?

MOON and PLK certainly had some words, I guess.
HellStrykeXL

Postby HellStrykeXL » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:12 am

I don't think I have to elaborate, but within either a few days, or a few posts from now you'll see what I mean. These threads end the same way every time, I really don't see the point anymore. :cartmannohat:
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Sizzling Lynn wrote:A guy in my grade eleven Bio class last year was dared to lick a rat's balls and he went along with it...is that considered manly?

No, that is the opposite of manly.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:17 am

Fair enough. Both M00n and I tend to insult plk, but I restrained myself this time and plk disappeared without complaint. So with plk gone, M00n being marked absent for a couple of days, I don't have plk to rag on and he is the only antagonist I have seen on this issue. Everyone else has been indifferent or for same-sex marriage.

In fact, since plk has decided not to participate this time, I don't think there will be much activity with regards to the subject.
FreedomFighterXL

Postby FreedomFighterXL » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:21 am

Wow, I guess you weren't kidding, there really is another GM thread, but this one seems a bit more practical. I to am for civil unions, but I can't say I have the time to elaborate. I have something I have to finish. :)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”