Official Philosophy Thread

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Guess_Who_I_Am_Not

Official Philosophy Thread

Postby Guess_Who_I_Am_Not » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:26 am

Yes. Talk about philosophy. There are people here who would enjoy hearing other peoples' views on life (Myself included). This thread will probably get humped to death by all the stupid people here in...blah blah blah blah blah. *Throws away little piece of paper*

^Cube 3 reference.

Anyway, my philosophy is pretty straight forward: Everything sucks unless I say otherwise. I form my opinions on a case-by-case basis, not on general rules. But then I'm a hypocrite and a [sic...whatever sic means] religious fanatic, so most peoples' views will probably be different than mine.

Oh and there's the fact that my idols are rock stars, serial killers and bank robbers. :wink:
albino.black.sheep wrote:My cat ran away with an extra strong mint on his head.

xx_emuteeth_xx wrote:shut up douche im not retaded
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:21 am

Finnaly! Proof that Eric Haris didn't die in Collumbine after all. Yay?

Anyway, as for my personal philosophy, it's just the usual wetbrained pussy mantras; "It's the world that makes our thoughts, and our thoughts that make our world" to pervert the Buhda's favorite saying, as we can turn any situation into a good or a bad thing based on our thoughts, but these arn't really oue own, simply the product of our upbringing (with perhaps a few genetic sliders thrown in). I don't really believe in free will (at all), which makes me quite the anti-authoritatrian and opposed to all sensless infliiction of pain on those that break stupid laws, but we don't have to break the spell of free will completely, as it's esential to life and we'd all be perfect robots if we knew, with no pleasure or pain.
"Normality is avarage and God isn't avarage" because I hate being normal and always try and be different, even if it'll hurt or make me all sticky to do so. Still can't resist difference.
Guess_Who_I_Am_Not

Postby Guess_Who_I_Am_Not » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:42 am

SuperMaids wrote:Finnaly! Proof that Eric Haris didn't die in Collumbine after all.

Oh, someone actually paid attention to the quote! :lol:

Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Ah...I have strange philosophies indeed. While I am a practicing Christian, I believe in living for the moment and live how you want.

I'm out for myself and myself only, in general. I'll help people who treat me well enough, and others in times of catastrophe (or when I've feeling especially benevolent). I believe in following your dreams and aspirations, and living for the moment. Not all of us are going to live to 120 years old, y'know, so live your live how you want. I believe in free spirit and a free way of life- try not to let others push you around in anything, whether it may be fashions, trends, whatever. I also believe in nonconformity to the masses (especially when the corporate machine wants to turn girls into whores living only for sex and money), and to do anything you want with your life.

Basically (here's my philosophy in a nutshell)- you're living your own life; your life isn't lived by what popular culture or the general population is, so take the bull by the horns and live by your own rules and principles. Follow your dreams and aspirations, no matter what everyone else does, says, or thinks of it.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Official Philosophy Thread

Postby Big-Will » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:36 pm

Guess_Who_I_Am_Not wrote:[sic...whatever sic means]

"Sic" means "according to" or "as in" (Latin sicut). It's used when you want to quote a person as is and not make any corrections to the spelling or syntax.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Guess_Who_I_Am_Not

Re: Official Philosophy Thread

Postby Guess_Who_I_Am_Not » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:45 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Guess_Who_I_Am_Not wrote:[sic...whatever sic means]

"Sic" means "according to" or "as in" (Latin sicut). It's used when you want to quote a person as is and not make any corrections to the spelling or syntax.

Thanks, I've been trying to figure that out for a while :lol:

SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:34 am

Nommel wrote:
SuperMaids wrote:
Finnaly! Proof that Eric Haris didn't die in Collumbine after all. [/qupte]

Oh, someone actually paid attention to the quote!

There was a quote in there?
Tell me where or I'll have to get psychoboy's diary out and strain my eyes trying to read the gashes in the page that he passed offf as handwriting.
Seriously, I only said you were like him, because your both crazy cop-hating mentalists, and you write with the same GODLY ANGER he enthused every word he wrote with. Always use his diary to check when my own thoughts are nearing crazy person level, so I know when to bring down the mania.

Good to know what sic is too, been too afraid to ask certain people who use it every oyher scentence, in case I cot siced myself.
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:08 am

My philosophy is no structured philosophy. Use logic basically, but I think one philosophy cannot define every situation.
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:00 pm

I say live and let live unless you threaten me or the things I care about. Also, life is too short to sit still so get out and explore.
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”