Vacationing

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Keejit

Postby Keejit » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:05 am

marvel_freak_42 wrote:Good luck!

Thanks!
candies wrote:How much money did you spend all of this?

Well, firstly, I'm in the MnT age group. I did all of this traveling over more than one decade. I have a decent job and a decent salary so... I don't own a house (which is a major thing in Ireland to own) & eek, I don't own a car. That's not such a biggie - there's lots of different types of public transport in Dublin & way cheaper too.
Craig-and-Clyde

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:20 pm

Man I would love to get to Ireland
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
tweekedkenny

Postby tweekedkenny » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:08 pm

I want to visit Denmark or Germany. I really like European culture, but I don't want to visit someplace where everyone goes to, like London, Paris, or Rome, even though those would still be pretty cool to go to.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:51 am

tweekedkenny wrote:I want to visit Denmark or Germany. I really like European culture, but I don't want to visit someplace where everyone goes to, like London, Paris, or Rome, even though those would still be pretty cool to go to.

My friend went to Germany over the summer; he came back and shared a kick-a*s thrash metal album from there with all my friends...

:mrgreen:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:15 pm

I'm going to Houston this weekend for a VW car show. While there, I also plan on finding/visiting the location of the dealership where Mom's '64 Bug came from, visit the Delorean place down there, and if I have time, make it to Galveston.
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:54 pm

I plan to go to L.A. again this summer to visit my aunt. The last time I was there, it kicked total ass!

It's one of those "it's great, but you wouldn't wanna live here" kind of places.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:00 am

marvel_freak_42 wrote:I plan to go to L.A. again this summer to visit my aunt. The last time I was there, it kicked total ass!

It's one of those "it's great, but you wouldn't wanna live here" kind of places.

It's kinda like Washington D.C. It's nice an' all, but I heard that people get jumped and mugged there all the time if you're out after dark. Even my Physics teacher got mugged a few years back when he went there...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
candies

Postby candies » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:10 am

Washington D.C.? Nah, I'm thinking Tennessee River.
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
Craig-and-Clyde

Re: Vacationing

Postby Craig-and-Clyde » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:18 pm

I just moved house, thats like traveling I guess.
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:37 pm

The Houston trip was great! I showed my car at the Houston VW club's night show on Saturday, and picked up the trophy for best lighting (covered my car with Christmas lights again ;)) Sunday I found the location for Mel Croan Motors, then went to Galveston, waded into the gulf, and had a "krabby patty" at Fish Tales. :lol: I ordered a crab meat sandwich, and I got a patty of their crab meat stuffing on a bun with all the usual sandwich fixings. (lettuce, tomatoes, onion, pickles, etc.) It was just ok, I don't think I'll order another one of those though.

Here's a little wrap-up page:
http://www.dfwnbclub.org/forum/phpBB2/v ... php?t=3516
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:49 pm

I get to go to Belise for my Christmas Vacation. It's gonna be kickass.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”