Are you anti-American?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:21 am

gtaca2005 wrote:And strumpfhose, When you come to California (Where I live), you will most probably NOT be in culture shock, Californians are the most reasonable people in the US, because we are the most diverse. :wink:

I'm pretty sure I will... even stepping to that ground will be a culture shock. Even this David Fratto guy who's been teaching us about video productions during last 2 weeks (who has his own company in San Francisco) told me that it's gonna be wayyyyy different in there.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:27 am

strumpfhose wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:And strumpfhose, When you come to California (Where I live), you will most probably NOT be in culture shock, Californians are the most reasonable people in the US, because we are the most diverse. :wink:

I'm pretty sure I will... even stepping to that ground will be a culture shock. Even this David Fratto guy who's been teaching us about video productions during last 2 weeks (who has his own company in San Francisco) told me that it's gonna be wayyyyy different in there.

San Francisco huh? Well then you WILL be shocked. I even am, even though I only live about 2 hours away. It is a world of a difference from the "average" California city.

But still, I don't hate gays, but you will see ALOT there. :wink:

It is not a stereotype, it's the truth, there are more there than anywhere els, per capita. :wink:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:53 am

Never having been to America, really met with an American or studdied American history or society in any depth, I'm more than qualified enought to be an anti-american in every sense of the word!
But I'm not, becaue I recognise the fact that *gasp* America isn't like some ant collony run by a single, godlike hive-mind, it's a whole, EU sized continent, comprizing of about fifty different countries, each with different constitutions, governments and law codes, and even if these only partially linked nation "States" are to be considered more a part of the same nation than France and Spain, they're each filled to bursting point with more different people of different types than I could shake a nuclear fule rod at.
Even if I despise the very foundation of the nation (your constitution makes England's look unambiguous in places), your history (how can I not hate your colonial assses for leaving us without a cheap labourforce!), your education system (if you can call one of those advertising department for brainwashing techniqes a school), legal codes (still 200 years behind us in some social changes, ESPECIALLY IN TEXAS!), political systems (which make the vote for pope look open), religious inclination (look down the south, never question why this is bad again), economic and foreign policy and media, I still love the American people like any other and recognise the greatness that can come out of the place.
It just seems like it's trying to make up for not having an injustice filled middleags history of it's own by doing all the stuff we capped centuries ago, like crusades and censorship, right in the here and now.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:28 am

Yeah, we've got a LOT of catching up to do. :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Guess_Who_I_Am_Not

Postby Guess_Who_I_Am_Not » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:31 am

I'm anti-everything.
albino.black.sheep wrote:My cat ran away with an extra strong mint on his head.

xx_emuteeth_xx wrote:shut up douche im not retaded
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:52 am

Guess_Who_I_Am_Not wrote:I'm anti-everything.

And, that is what I love about you..LOL
forumpowerkeeper

Postby forumpowerkeeper » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:34 am

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:The rest of the world hates America because America is there and involved, and in any case, US interaction with other nations is going to be a double-edged sword. Take Afghanistan for example, as in the Osama bin Laden episode. The US was there, "liberating" them from the Taliban regime and trying to drive Al-Qaeda out, and assuming that we'd be universally loved and appreciated for our efforts. However as that episode also showed, a lot of civilians were getting caught in the crossfire and having their homes, friends, and relatives blown to bits.

Also, I don't think anyone hates America's freedoms. Even in Arab countries where American foreign policy is despised, there are people who would want to come here to attend college.

well england hate America because because of gang war over they're trust me i live they're and they're is something on the news about it every day and they
are smuggled from America imagine living they're it would be awsome if somebody was robbing you so you then get to kill
them over in englang you can't even hit people in defense
Canada sucks
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:52 pm

Big-Will wrote:Yeah, we've got a LOT of catching up to do. :lol:

Yip. :lol:
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:16 am

forumpowerkeeper wrote:
well england hate America because because of gang war over they're trust me i live they're and they're is something on the news about it every day and they
are smuggled from America imagine living they're it would be awsome if somebody was robbing you so you then get to kill

Have you heard of such things as "." and ","? Makes reading a lot easier. And for not that reason only did I have to read that about 5 times (in the end, out loud) to understand what you were saying. Or is it just that I'm a crappy language-foreigner...
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:38 am

forumpowerkeeper wrote:
Kyle the Skeptic wrote:The rest of the world hates America because America is there and involved, and in any case, US interaction with other nations is going to be a double-edged sword. Take Afghanistan for example, as in the Osama bin Laden episode. The US was there, "liberating" them from the Taliban regime and trying to drive Al-Qaeda out, and assuming that we'd be universally loved and appreciated for our efforts. However as that episode also showed, a lot of civilians were getting caught in the crossfire and having their homes, friends, and relatives blown to bits.

Also, I don't think anyone hates America's freedoms. Even in Arab countries where American foreign policy is despised, there are people who would want to come here to attend college.

Haha, what gang war? Gang and mob violence has gone down since the '70s and '80s; it's not a major problem in the larger scheme of things here in the US (or at least where I live). The grammar could use some work, too...

:cartmanlaugh:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:12 am

Edduyasha wrote:
forumpowerkeeper wrote:

Haha, what gang war? Gang and mob violence has gone down since the '70s and '80s; it's not a major problem in the larger scheme of things here in the US (or at least where I live). The grammar could use some work, too...

:cartmanlaugh:

I dunno... although gang violence has gone down where I live, it's still pretty bad. I lost two of my cousins because of that.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:21 am

Um, have you guys ever seen Europe? From my expierience of England, it isn't quite the Utopia you guys seem to immagine; we have gang violence too, in the cities (yes, we have cities!). So gangsters can't be the cause of all the Michael Moore wannabees flooding London.
What we don't have (so much of) however, are the seemingly state-sponsered acts of corporate misconduct the media so loves to expound upon. They might not be as widespread as some claim, but come on, you can buy a senator for a few thousand greens and good old OJ's stayed away from prison until his gold run dry. Bailing out the Money doesn't look good, that's all; even if it is, it just doesn't look good.
germanguy

Postby germanguy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:00 pm

I guess "Anti-American " is more a matter of foreign politics than local politics.

More modesty, gents!

It would be one FIRST step.

And one lesson for each student "foreign cultures" every week bindingly from first class to graduation.

And a complete cancelling of "US -history" since that subject is totally insignificant - sorry to say that.
"Meine Damen und Herren,
das Gebäude ist umstellt!
Kommen Sie mit erhobenen
Händen heraus!"
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:44 pm

germanguy wrote:I guess "Anti-American " is more a matter of foreign politics than local politics.

More modesty, gents!

It would be one FIRST step.

And one lesson for each student "foreign cultures" every week bindingly from first class to graduation.

And a complete cancelling of "US -history" since that subject is totally insignificant - sorry to say that.

Now I don't think U.S. History class should be canceled.

But it should be integrated into World History. I mean, you don't teach a student about their country throughout a whole year, because the lessons would be spread out so much and they would most likely forget some things. :?

Well I think if anyone lived here, they wouldn't "Hate" America. You never hear an American say "I hate America." This is because we live good, like any other developed country. And if any president gets "too out of hand", we can impeach him/her. I guess Mr. Bush didn't reach that point yet. And please don't say we don't cover the important news like the war enough. That is all CNN talks about, so we need a couple hour blocks of something entertaining like news on the stars. I mean come on, do you really want to turn on the news and only be depressed? Paris Hilton, O.J. Simpson, Briney Spears, and a lot of other stars take our minds of the bad for just a little bit, then we are back to feeling like sh*t that we can't get our troops home because of these damn bastard republicans won't have it on their watch. :x
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
forumpowerkeeper

Postby forumpowerkeeper » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:13 pm

strumpfhose wrote:
forumpowerkeeper wrote:

Have you heard of such things as "." and ","? Makes reading a lot easier. And for not that reason only did I have to read that about 5 times (in the end, out loud) to understand what you were saying. Or is it just that I'm a crappy language-foreigner...

i type with laziness
Canada sucks

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”