Family Guy: Star Wars - Empire striking back?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Re: Family Guy: Star Wars - Empire striking back?

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:01 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:The deal with Magic Johnson (not real voice, obviously)...

It was obviously Mike Henry.

Now that I've finally downloaded this episode (thank you, new computer, and your massive hard drive!), the thing I'm most struck with is what other show would do this? What other show would double it's runtime to do a frame-for-frame summary of the original (and best) Star Wars?

What it lacked in original material (verbatim dialog & frame-for-frame shots), it made up for in hilarious observational comedy about the Star Wars and overlaying the idiosyncrasies of Family Guy characters into the Star Wars universe.

And by the way, that Callaghan fellow that works on Family Guy does a great Storm Trooper voice.

All in all, that was one of the coolest things I've seen on network television.

You read it! You can't unread it!
AngusMcTavish

Re: Family Guy: Star Wars - Empire striking back?

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:09 am

With the DVD coming out this Tuesday, I'm surprised nobody's posted anything new here lately. Maybe it was just long forgotten, maybe on purpose, maybe not, who knows?

In any case, I did hear that the new DVD version of "Blue Harvest" was four minutes longer with a load of extra stuff, maybe more, depending on whether you find the gift set. One of the extras was supposed to be a 3-D version of one of the fight scenes. (I'm guessing the Death Star battle.)

Who'll be looking for that? I might.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”