Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005
Posts: 3915
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:27 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Billistic wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:I am staying out of this.I don't really like what I have seen of Bill O Reiley but I don't really want to fight about it..Most of the time when we get on politics or religion this board turns into assh*le central..Billistic, you seem like a nice guy, believe me you don't want to see how nasty some of these debates can get. And I admit, if KTS or PLK ( who by the way I heard a rumor that they might infact be the same person) are involved and say something I don't like,I tend to want to go rip them a new assh*le, so I am not exactly innocent either. But at this time, I don't really want to get into those kind of fights anymore.


My beef isn't really even with Bill O'Riley, it's about him, but it's also about Scarborough and Hardball and Hannity and Combs, Ann Coulter, Keith Olbermann, Caffertyphile.

The news should be just the facts period. How many 24 hour news channels do we need? If I want an opt-ed piece about something I'll go on the internet. But trying to treat news as entertainment is bullsh*t. And if a 24 hour news channel that reports the straight dope can't survive because of bad ratings then so be it.

Well, newspapers have their op-ed pages. Why shouldn't TV News have its own op-ed segments? You just have to know who's reporting the news and who's commenting on it. If it's about the nature of such shows as the O'Reilly Factor, they have to report the news needed to establish the host's viewpoint.

.......................

Come on. Let people have opinions.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18734
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby Big-Will » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:34 pm

Billistic wrote:Newspapers shouldn't have op-ed pieces either

That leaves news radio, which rarely has any opinions. Pure news won't work for the same reason MTV didn't work - no one wants to watch pure anything for very long. MTV began by playing nothing but music videos, but now look at its programming. Same with CNN - it began with nothing but news, but now look at its site.

gtaca2005 wrote:Come on. Let people have opinions.

Come on, contribute something to this thread other than a comment like that.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
gtaca2005
Posts: 3915
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:38 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Billistic wrote:Newspapers shouldn't have op-ed pieces either

That leaves news radio, which rarely has any opinions. Pure news won't work for the same reason MTV didn't work - no one wants to watch pure anything for very long. MTV began by playing nothing but music videos, but now look at its programming. Same with CNN - it began with nothing but news, but now look at its site.

gtaca2005 wrote:Come on. Let people have opinions.

Come on, contribute something to this thread other than a comment like that.

Alright. :D (But it IS an opinion.... :lol: )

I think that Bill is somewhat of a loud-mouth who shoots down others opinions. Theres not much to be said about him from me but that. I never watch, or listen to this man, so I'll leave it at that. :wink:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:04 am

I think it's funny that people are like, "He always yells! OMFG!".
I watch him every night(And disagree 30-40% of the time) and for every one interview that gets heated, you have five that don't. :lol:

And if you don't like him, then fine people. But when I'm sick and throwing up and someone decides to post a youtube link that is supposed to prove a point(When I mentioned youtube links in my previous post) I just find that funny. :lol:
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Billistic
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 11:12 pm

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby Billistic » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:08 am

Big-Will wrote:That leaves news radio, which rarely has any opinions. Pure news won't work for the same reason MTV didn't work - no one wants to watch pure anything for very long. MTV began by playing nothing but music videos, but now look at its programming. Same with CNN - it began with nothing but news, but now look at its site.


Weather network seems to do ok.

And sure no one wants to watch music videos all day, so that's why you make a music video channel and something like VH1.

I mean that's the way things are going thanks to the internet, you'll just choose what you need to see at any given time.

The problem is they're wrapping the news up into the op-ed pieces.
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6093
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:56 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:And if you don't like him, then fine people. But when I'm sick and throwing up and someone decides to post a youtube link that is supposed to prove a point(When I mentioned youtube links in my previous post) I just find that funny. :lol:


Did I miss something? Who's been posting links of Bill Oh Really shooting his mouth off?

Look, O' Reilly is just another cable news blowhard who only brings guests on as medium through which he can state his own opinions. He just happens to have more viewers than all the other cable news blowhards. Screw him.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:00 am

triplemultiplex wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:And if you don't like him, then fine people. But when I'm sick and throwing up and someone decides to post a youtube link that is supposed to prove a point(When I mentioned youtube links in my previous post) I just find that funny. :lol:


Did I miss something? Who's been posting links of Bill Oh Really shooting his mouth off?

Look, O' Reilly is just another cable news blowhard who only brings guests on as medium through which he can state his own opinions. He just happens to have more viewers than all the other cable news blowhards. Screw him.


This started in the Imigination Pt. 2 thread.
And I've seen Bill O'Reilly bring on people who have defeated him in the debate and, I know this is a shock, he didn't eat him.:P
That's how it's down here on the farm!
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6093
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:00 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:This started in the Imigination Pt. 2 thread.


Hmm, no wonder I missed it. I stop paying attention to the episode discussion threads after about 24 hours or so.

ShaneHaughey wrote:And I've seen Bill O'Reilly bring on people who have defeated him in the debate and, I know this is a shock, he didn't eat him.:P


That's nice, but it doesn't have anything to do with the point I was making. An interview on one of the blowhard cable news shows is merely the pretext for the host to blur the line between opinion and news. It's not about having any sort of real debate or being informative. It's about getting the viewer to agree with the host.

And that's why shows like The Factor are unwatchable.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:10 am

...But if he loses the debate, then people would disagree with his opinion. See the connection?:P
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Schantrac
Posts: 2480
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:33 pm

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby Schantrac » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:53 am

"gets out the popcorn"
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
gtaca2005
Posts: 3915
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:36 am

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:56 am

I might watch like 5 episodes of this fellow, so i can come back with a better opinion.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18734
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:52 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:...But if he loses the debate, then people would disagree with his opinion. See the connection?:P

And you get to see him blow his top, fly off the handle, lose his cool, etc. :D
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:15 pm

Big-Will wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:...But if he loses the debate, then people would disagree with his opinion. See the connection?:P

And you get to see him blow his top, fly off the handle, lose his cool, etc. :D


I see him lose his cool when he loses less so than people lose their cool on the internet. :lol:

And like I said before, if people don't like him then GREAT for you. But seriously, I watch his show because I find the topics usually very interesting and most of the debates are good.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:40 pm

Billistic wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:I am staying out of this.I don't really like what I have seen of Bill O Reiley but I don't really want to fight about it..Most of the time when we get on politics or religion this board turns into assh*le central..Billistic, you seem like a nice guy, believe me you don't want to see how nasty some of these debates can get. And I admit, if KTS or PLK ( who by the way I heard a rumor that they might infact be the same person) are involved and say something I don't like,I tend to want to go rip them a new assh*le, so I am not exactly innocent either. But at this time, I don't really want to get into those kind of fights anymore.


My beef isn't really even with Bill O'Riley, it's about him, but it's also about Scarborough and Hardball and Hannity and Combs, Ann Coulter, Keith Olbermann, Caffertyphile.

The news should be just the facts period. How many 24 hour news channels do we need? If I want an opt-ed piece about something I'll go on the internet. But trying to treat news as entertainment is bullsh*t. And if a 24 hour news channel that reports the straight dope can't survive because of bad ratings then so be it.



And, my complaint about those people is they make not only their fans, but the people who strongly disagree with them and f*cking hate them too angry. Believe me, it is not pleasant to be stuck in a car with someone on an angry rant about politics.
Image
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: Come, Liberals, and Bitch about Bill!

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:56 pm

I have happy rants about politics.:P
That's how it's down here on the farm!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests