Bush urging a Cuban civil war?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Bush urging a Cuban civil war?

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:17 pm

You can think what you want, so don't flame me, or act like a retard. Simply state what you believe.

So, here is an article, and it kinda makes me think that Bush is stirring up trouble before he leaves office. Personally, I think that since he can never restore his image, he wants to be known as the one who saved Cuba at the last second. But, I think this will only lead to a civil war in Cuba. I was watching CNN, and he said the police and people have a choice to make, which to me means that a civil war will break out. So what do you think?

I think that Bush has killed my country. Before the war, the US had it's largest surplus of funds in history, and now we have the largest deficit in the country's history. He has gone so far as to barrow money from China and Mexico. Don't you dare say I am unpatriotic, I love my country! What I hate is what this political douche has done to my country. So PLEASE!!! Don't flame in this thread, or it will be closed, and there is no need for that. We can have a good debate, and respect each others views, but I just hate Mr. Bush. The bills he vetoes, and the money he takes from our economy is unnecessary.

All our jobs are being outsourced, and our largest companies are being bought by China. When will it end? Does Bush have to start sh*t before he leaves office? Do you think the war in Iraq was just to finish what his daddy started, to kill Saddam? So please, what do you think of this vocabulary deprived idiot?
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Bush urging a Cuban civil war?

Postby Big-Will » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:38 pm

It it works, it works. It's something we've been wanting for a long time now. Until then, the embargo against Cuba will continue.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:41 pm

I am all for Cuba's freedom, but can we trust Bush leading the effort? He doesn't have that good of record on.... well... anything.
(Except verbal slip-ups?)
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:54 pm

The democratic movement in Cuba isn't strong enough to stage a full-on revolt. As such, this is just a real token message to support the few in these movements and to let them know that Bush, who hasn't spoken much if at all about Cuba for most of his time in office, is behind him. In the long run, it means very little.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:59 pm

Well, I would like to apologize on my rant ^^^up there^^^ that was mostly against bush on every thing els other than the topic.... So.... back on topic?
Alrighty then. :wink:

All I am saying is that Bush can't be the leader behind this democratic movement in Cuba. Mabey it will work under the next president?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:08 am

It won't work under any single president or administration. We've had every type of president and political climate possible ever since Cuba became a communist state, and nothing has worked. The biggest failure was on Kennedy, but no American politician can be the leader. The people of Cuba will be the only ones who can enact a real change.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:14 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:It won't work under any single president or administration. We've had every type of president and political climate possible ever since Cuba became a communist state, and nothing has worked. The biggest failure was on Kennedy, but no American politician can be the leader. The people of Cuba will be the only ones who can enact a real change.

Of course they are the only ones that can make a difference, but I think that Bush being involved will just add to the problem, because so many people hate Bush as it is. It's kind of like the episode "Chef Goes Nanners", when the KKK was a bad influence to keep the flag, because of who they were.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:19 am

gtaca2005 wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:It won't work under any single president or administration. We've had every type of president and political climate possible ever since Cuba became a communist state, and nothing has worked. The biggest failure was on Kennedy, but no American politician can be the leader. The people of Cuba will be the only ones who can enact a real change.

Of course they are the only ones that can make a difference, but I think that Bush being involved will just add to the problem, because so many people hate Bush as it is. It's kind of like the episode "Chef Goes Nanners", when the KKK was a bad influence to keep the flag, because of who they were.

So, in your opinion, Bush should ignore that Cuba exists?
Fact is, Bush is just saying what most of the previous presidents have said. He isn't saying anything new. To say that that will imperil the situation is basically saying that if he was against the eating of babies that the anti-baby eating movement is harmed. I don't like Bush and I'm in the 2/3s of the country who disapprove of his leadership, but that doesn't mean that every single issue he supports I'm automatically against purely because he is Bush.
THAT would be insane.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:23 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:

So, in your opinion, Bush should ignore that Cuba exists?
Fact is, Bush is just saying what most of the previous presidents have said. He isn't saying anything new. To say that that will imperil the situation is basically saying that if he was against the eating of babies that the anti-baby eating movement is harmed. I don't like Bush and I'm in the 2/3s of the country who disapprove of his leadership, but that doesn't mean that every single issue he supports I'm automatically against purely because he is Bush.
THAT would be insane.

No no no! :lol:
I agree with the issue, and something MUST be done. But Bush always screws something up. And I think he will invest TOO MUCH money into it, while our housing market and health care crumble. So, he needs to be talking about this AFTER, most of our own problems are solved. My opinion of course, and I also like yours.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:29 am

He isn't commiting the American military, nor is there any discussion or real possibility of any type of Cuban revolution taking place for years. His speech is just supposed to be a wink wink gesture to the democratic movement telling them that we're behind you.
And what can Bush do in your eyes about this issue? Say nothing :lol: ? If he did that, people would be angry that he ignored the issue. Kinda like the wildfires right now; he plans to fly on in and meet with some people. People say that will hamper the effort. However, if he didn't, people would say he is ignoring the people of California.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:32 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:He isn't commiting the American military, nor is there any discussion or real possibility of any type of Cuban revolution taking place for years. His speech is just supposed to be a wink wink gesture to the democratic movement telling them that we're behind you.
And what can Bush do in your eyes about this issue? Say nothing :lol: ? If he did that, people would be angry that he ignored the issue. Kinda like the wildfires right now; he plans to fly on in and meet with some people. People say that will hamper the effort. However, if he didn't, people would say he is ignoring the people of California.

You got a good point there.... :P

(To me: Bush = bad :idea: ?)
I hope I'm not turning that way.....

Edit:

I think this thread should be changed to "Do you support Bush?" or something.....
HellStrykeXL

Postby HellStrykeXL » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:59 pm

(To me: Bush = bad :idea: ?)
I hope I'm not turning that way.....

Edit:

I think this thread should be changed to "Do you support Bush?" or something.....

A few things:

1. Nothing wrong with helping Cuba.

2. If you want to bring up something such as Iraq on here, don't. You'll be doomed from the start (refer to the Iraq war thread if you need to)

3. There's no denying that our current commander-in-chief has made some mistakes, but maybe you should switch your equation a little bit.

Bush ≥ partially incompetent.
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Sizzling Lynn wrote:A guy in my grade eleven Bio class last year was dared to lick a rat's balls and he went along with it...is that considered manly?

No, that is the opposite of manly.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:46 pm

HellStrykeXL wrote:Bush ≥ partially incompetent.

So he's mostly incompetent?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:47 am

Cuba is going to go through some major problems after Castro's gone regardless of anthing anyone says or does.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:07 am

I'm just saying that he is the wrong "figure head" for this issue. Thats all. I do think Cuba needs help, and they need to stand up against the government. And Bush can do a good job, but this will make more people hate us throughout the world, or so I think.

Only an opinion, so don't start any thing, please. :wink:

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”