Adult Swim Thread

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

marvel_freak_42

Adult Swim Thread

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:40 pm

If there's already a thread like this, I haven't seen it, and for some reason, I can't search for it, so don't make a big deal if there is one.

Anyway, discuss various Adult Swim programs here (Yes, I am that bored):
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
Mr. Hat_DX27

Re: Adult Swim Thread

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:53 pm

I don't think so...

I'm in Canada, so I don't get Cartoon Network, so no AS for me...instead, we have something even more screwed called The Detour on TeleToon (which is our dedicated cartoon network thing)...they have a lot of Adult Swim shows on there (ATHF, Space Ghost, Brack, Robot Chicken, etc), so it's not like we're missing out. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:19 am

I already said this the pissed off thread, but Adult Swim is not airing the new Frisky Dingo and Metalocalypse episodes, as a result, I am super pissed off at them right now!! :x
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:38 am

CruciFACTION wrote:I already said this the pissed off thread, but Adult Swim is not airing the new Frisky Dingo and Metalocalypse episodes, as a result, I am super pissed off at them right now!! :x

No new Frisky Dingo? Blasphemy!!!

"No, you can't has cheeseburgers!"
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:20 am

I've lost track of how many FD's there have been this season. I know they bought 13. I also heard that they pushed back the premiere of The Venture Bros, but I guess I can wait a few more months. (I bet Dr. Girlfrend has baby up in her.) I saw the first few Astroboys, but I lost interest.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:10 pm

We have [adult swim] over here in the UK, but every day it's the same thing; ATHF, Robot Chicken, Space Ghost, ect. The only show they've had that wasn't like them was Afro Samurai, which I missed. Hopefully they'll air another Anime series on there soon.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
REMEMBERMEWHENIWAS

Postby REMEMBERMEWHENIWAS » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:21 am

aqua teen hunger force and robot chicken are the only shows I watch from Adult Swim.
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:50 am

CruciFACTION wrote:I already said this the pissed off thread, but Adult Swim is not airing the new Frisky Dingo and Metalocalypse episodes, as a result, I am super pissed off at them right now!! :x

This is Blasphemy. This is Madness. THIS IS SUFFICIENT ENOUGH TO COMMENCE A RABBLE RALLY!
candies

Postby candies » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:27 am

I've got Adult Swim on Knology cable.
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:05 am

Okay, I've got a plan, not a very good one, but a plan none the less!

Me, Thunderhorse, and marvel freak will all go to Japan. Then, for every week that the Frisky Dingo and Metalocalypse episodes are not aired, we'll massacre the writing staff of one of there precious anime shows! we'll take out naruto the second we get there, just to let them know were not playing around!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:14 am

Chigau!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:50 pm

Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sea Lab 2021, and HARVEY BIRDMAN ATTORNEY AT LAW, are the three greatest things to come out of adult swim, I have seen every episode of each, from the first episode of each to the last episodes of Birdman and SL 2021.
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:52 pm

Jay C wrote:We have [adult swim] over here in the UK, but every day it's the same thing; ATHF, Robot Chicken, Space Ghost, ect. The only show they've had that wasn't like them was Afro Samurai, which I missed. Hopefully they'll air another Anime series on there soon.

Every week at http://www.adultswim.com they upload a bunch of different episodes for the watching on the computors. You could check there and see what isn't shown in the UK.
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:01 pm

CruciFACTION wrote:Okay, I've got a plan, not a very good one, but a plan none the less!

Me, Thunderhorse, and marvel freak will all go to Japan. Then, for every week that the Frisky Dingo and Metalocalypse episodes are not aired, we'll massacre the writing staff of one of there precious anime shows! we'll take out naruto the second we get there, just to let them know were not playing around!

Great plan! Only...After we do kill off all the anime, they'll probably hold a memoriam service that last for a week per destroyed show consisting of nothing but reruns of that specific show. And that won't stop them from showing reruns constantly either. I say we need to take over Williams Street, preferably hostilely, and force them to change the line-up.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:02 pm

Adult Swim shows I watch:

Robot Chicken
Boondocks
Metalocalypse
Aqua Teen
Harvey Birdman (of course, this one's done)

I also catch Family Guy & Futurama from time to time; especially the Sunday night Family Guy. Stuff they cut out for FOX, they put in for Adult Swim. Like how 'bout last week with Quagmire raping Marge Simpson (who likes it) and then murdering the entire Simpson family? Yeesh..

Everything else is either on too late (some of us have to work in the morning) or it's not my bag.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”