Any one here have a blog?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

HellStrykeXL

Any one here have a blog?

Postby HellStrykeXL » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:37 pm

I guess when constructive people use their time wisely instead of posting in some thread day after day you end up with something like this:

http://patriotprodigy.blogspot.com/

Saw this on FFXL's signature. But anyway, does anyone else here have a blog? I personally would get one, but because so much of what I would type would possibly be censored "for security reasons," :roll: I won't be getting one anytime soon. But with some of the off duty time I've had a pretty fun time reading some of the blogs other various people write.

Does anyone else have one? I sure would like to read it if you do.

Aside from that any discussions about some of the things this kid has written on "NeoCentrist," or anyone else's blog are welcome too.
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Sizzling Lynn wrote:A guy in my grade eleven Bio class last year was dared to lick a rat's balls and he went along with it...is that considered manly?

No, that is the opposite of manly.
BRMBug

Re: Any one here have a blog?

Postby BRMBug » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:42 pm

No. I was thinking of doing one, but I don't really do anything worth blogging about.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:47 pm

BRMBug wrote:No. I was thinking of doing one, but I don't really do anything worth blogging about.

Same here. I mean, I do stuff, like animations and stuff worth it, but it isn't enough to put on a nerd-blog. I was thinking of making one for my Michael Jackson and George Bush Photoshops, but nah.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:00 pm

I'm too impersonal and secretive to have a blog.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:41 pm

I have two blogs, but haven't posted in either one for at least half a year.

I also made one for Butters, who was Kyle's partner in the 2004 E-lections, but well, once that was over, there wasn't any reason to keep blogging in that one. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:48 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:I'm too impersonal and secretive to have a blog.

Exactly my problem.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:18 am

Nah...I prefer hanging out in forums, especially this one. Blogging's just meh for me...

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
HellStrykeXL

Postby HellStrykeXL » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:27 am

gtaca2005 wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:I'm too impersonal and secretive to have a blog.

Exactly my problem.

Same here. The things I would blog on I probably am not allowed to blog about anyways. I still find it fun to read some of them though. It's pretty interesting how FFXL's is turning out; somewhat good so far. I don't think he even knows anyone on BBS is aware of it's existance, but it seems like his posts on global warming show just how deep into research he can get.

And those ones on speed reading kind of expose a secret "tool" me and FreedomFighterXL both happened to have. I would like to see how far it goes by the end of next year, especially can't wait to see what he and a few others have to say about the '08 elections.

Do any of those global warming threads still exist? Seems like he has a lot of material worth bringing up in one of those. :)
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Sizzling Lynn wrote:A guy in my grade eleven Bio class last year was dared to lick a rat's balls and he went along with it...is that considered manly?

swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:28 am

HellStrykeXL wrote:I guess when constructive people use their time wisely instead of posting in some thread day after day

Oh yeah, because blogging is so much more constructive than posting on a stupid forum. I mean, sitting on your ass all day on a message board is just lazy, but sitting on your ass all day blogging...woo, HUGE difference right there. Thank you for pointing that out to us.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:32 am

swellman7 wrote:
HellStrykeXL wrote:I guess when constructive people use their time wisely instead of posting in some thread day after day

Oh yeah, because blogging is so much more constructive than posting on a stupid forum. I mean, sitting on your ass all day on a message board is just lazy, but sitting on your ass all day blogging...woo, HUGE difference right there. Thank you for pointing that out to us.

There is a difference: A blog is SUPPOSED to be opinionated and researched. People come to forums to discuss the subject of the forums- in this case, South Park.

Have you ever read a blog, or are you just talking out of your ass?
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:33 am

swellman7 wrote:

*giggle*

Neither is very constructive to me. I think being constructive is getting something done in real life...like art, music, or writing... I think of constructiveness as a measure of the quality of the product you produce, whether it be drawings, food, poetry...so on, so forth.

What am I doing on the BBS instead of doing something 'constructive' right now, you ask...?

I'm just here to chat with a bunch of people I can relate to one way or another...and get a good dose of laughter while I'm at it.

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
HellStrykeXL

Postby HellStrykeXL » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:33 am

swellman7 wrote:

I don't know if you were aware of what FFXL kept doing in the Iraq War thread or not, but just to make myself clearer, he kept on posting in that thread expecting to convert people to his side by making several thousand word long posts. I figured his time would be best spent elsewhere since he had such a huge arsenal of references on various issues.

Trying to change minds on this forum as opposed to expressing views and information as a whole on a blog is a huge difference. 8)

EDIT: response to what swellman said, blogging is pretty much the same thing as writing, just in case you didn't know. :|
ShaneHaughey wrote:

swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:56 am

HellStrykeXL wrote:
swellman7 wrote:

I don't know if you were aware of what FFXL kept doing in the Iraq War thread or not, but just to make myself clearer, he kept on posting in that thread expecting to convert people to his side by making several thousand word long posts. I figured his time would be best spent elsewhere since he had such a huge arsenal of references on various issues.

Trying to change minds on this forum as opposed to expressing views and information as a whole on a blog is a huge difference. 8)

OK, I get what you were trying to say NOW that you pointed it out. It's just the way you said it, which I realize now was out of context, made you sound snobby. So, apoligies for the sarcasm.

Though, I still think it's hard to change people's minds PERIOD, especially on the internet. But, if you're going to try to, I guess you'll have a better chance on a blog than on a forum...

I agree completely with what Edduyasha was saying. Doing stuff outside of the internet is way more constructive than anything you'll ever do ON the internet. (Though I'll admit to spending too much time on the internet, myself.)

@Shane: Yeah, I know what blogs are, I just don't enjoy reading them.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:26 am

You can change people's minds far more easily via blog than you could talking to them in person as you can show your resources and the person can look them up.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:04 am

I have two things that could remotely count as blogs...my LJ, and the blog thingy on MySpace, which I don't use very much, and when I do use it, I just end up making random stories up that are random and weird and don't really have much to do with anything relevant to anything..
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”