Any one here have a blog?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Zubby

Re: Any one here have a blog?

Postby Zubby » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:40 pm

I have a blog, but unlike most blogs, this one is pretty specific. I am currently on sabbatical from my job as a college professor, and am using the time to make art in my studio.

The blog is to doccument my progress in the studio and post my work.
If you want to see it send me a PM and I'll send you the link.
Zubby
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:57 pm

swellman7 wrote:
HellStrykeXL wrote:I guess when constructive people use their time wisely instead of posting in some thread day after day

Oh yeah, because blogging is so much more constructive than posting on a stupid forum. I mean, sitting on your ass all day on a message board is just lazy, but sitting on your ass all day blogging...woo, HUGE difference right there. Thank you for pointing that out to us.

The difference is that you have complete control over any replies to your blog. Here, the mods and admins have control over your posts.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
HellStrykeXL

Postby HellStrykeXL » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:03 pm

Shane, I got your PM but there's some technical trouble with sending it. Do you want me to email it or just post the whole answer on the BBS crypt or something?
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Sizzling Lynn wrote:A guy in my grade eleven Bio class last year was dared to lick a rat's balls and he went along with it...is that considered manly?

No, that is the opposite of manly.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:02 am

It'd be better to post it here; my e-mail has been giving me trouble for the longest time.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:02 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:It'd be better to post it here; my e-mail has been giving me trouble for the longest time.

Man GMail is so sexy! :) Hotmail is not. :(
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:06 am

Another reason that I don't have a blog is because I am way to busy running and maintaining my SP site. That already takes a lot away from my regular life. :lol:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:16 am

gtaca2005 wrote:Another reason that I don't have a blog is because I am way to busy running and maintaining my SP site. That already takes a lot away from my regular life. :lol:

That and can't you add a blog web-app to the site (PHP = magic).
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:18 am

Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:Another reason that I don't have a blog is because I am way to busy running and maintaining my SP site. That already takes a lot away from my regular life. :lol:

That and can't you add a blog web-app to the site (PHP = magic).

Well, I don't know what I would blog about on a site for watching SP. Mabey about SP its' self?

EDIT:

I don't like using PHP. The permission settings hate Windows. And I am on a Linux free web host, but I'd rather make the html files on my PC locally and upload them, but then I'd have to get an FTP program to edit the permissions, and I don't want to install one that does it, I already have an FTP client.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
HellStrykeXL

Postby HellStrykeXL » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:59 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:It'd be better to post it here; my e-mail has been giving me trouble for the longest time.

Alright then. I guess this information would be something that would show up in my blog if I had one:

I’ve seen an F-22 in actual flight for combat a few times before, but I’ve never seen a B-2 actually in flight. I’ve come across F-22’s only because they played a role in the initial Iraq invasion to assist in bombings, and also due to the fact that they are capable of intercepting enemy radio transmissions, sort of like an aerial echelon so to speak.

The two times I saw an F-22 up close was on McChord airforce base (which is just outside Tacoma or “T-town” where I’m from), and I really couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the maneuvers it was capable of. It kept flying with it’s nose facing the airstrip even though it’s flight path was parallel to the ground; something I didn’t think was possible with an aircraft. Forgot what you call that maneuver, I think it was the “something” cobra, can’t remember. Another time I saw one was just before me and a couple others had to do a HALO jump out of a KC aircraft that was refueling an F-22 (one that was originally enforcing the no-fly zones in Iraq). The fighter later backed us up when we nearly came close to getting killed while mapping GPS.

As for a B-2 I only saw one in a hanger once when me and a couple guys had to go to Edwards to get an idea of what kind of air support we could expect (like the global hawk). They don’t use B-2’s all that much anymore only because their exterior has some susceptibility to various weather conditions. Same issue with the F-177’s.

But yeah even though I don’t see these things in action very much I sure as hell did see their aftereffects. But since Saddam’s army has been taken out all I usually see these days are global hawks or at one point a CIA operated predator.
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Sizzling Lynn wrote:A guy in my grade eleven Bio class last year was dared to lick a rat's balls and he went along with it...is that considered manly?

No, that is the opposite of manly.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:28 am

Wasn't the F-22 activated in December 2005, well after the invasion began? Maybe we misread each other and you thought I meant like the F-18. As for the B-2, maybe it isn't being used for now because it's best attribute, stealth with a large payload, doesn't fit in the type of fighting that is taking place.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
PeterCoffin

Postby PeterCoffin » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:34 am

I have a blog, it's more just a thing where I post videos, but I write too.

http://www.petercoffin.com
---------------------------------------------
petercoffin.com
FreedomFighterXL

Postby FreedomFighterXL » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:57 pm

Wow, glad to see no one's forgotten me, and yes HSXL is right. I kind of took it upon myself to stop wasting time with threads on here and actually publish it in a better way besides arguing.

I can't wait to get that global warming thing done so I can move on from there.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:52 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:I don't like using PHP. The permission settings hate Windows. And I am on a Linux free web host, but I'd rather make the html files on my PC locally and upload them, but then I'd have to get an FTP program to edit the permissions, and I don't want to install one that does it, I already have an FTP client.

Heh, I’m kinda the opposite. I prefer using Linux when it comes to web servers. Windows would be more appropriate for game servers. A lot of web applications I like using are the kind you can easily find on SourceForge.net, and normally work better on the Linux platform anyway. They tend to be more secure than Windows servers and aren’t as vulnerable to malware type apps. Plus, they tend to be a lot more modular.

As for blogging, you could use one on your site for, say, site news, or even SP-related updates. You can even make an RSS feed so people can get your site updates on the fly. Plus the only forum I know of that has workability with Windows is phpBB, and....I’m iffy about using that after the demise of my old site back in 06. SPS uses it, but oh well. :P I also very much so do not like Invision PowerBoard. =P

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”