A Generation Lost. The 90's.

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Re: A genoration lost. The 90's.

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:45 am

Yeah, I can't believe we complained about gas prices being high back then, but we did. :roll:

Everything seemed cheaper back then... :cry:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:53 am

gtaca2005 wrote:Yeah, I can't believe we complained about gas prices being high back then, but we did. :roll:

Everything seemed cheaper back then... :cry:

Yep. It's because of the accursed inflation and the tons of money that the government throws around...

><

A lot of the cool free stuff has disappeared, too...there used to be free ice skating lessons, free golf lessons, free tons-of-other-things near where I lived when I was younger. They're mostly all gone, now.

:(
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:00 am

And we had movies like Speed, and Die Hard: With a Vengeance. :cry:
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:09 am

Seeing how I'm the youngest BBS'er around (Edd's a sophmore. I'm a freshman), I grew up watching Mrs. Doubtfire. Although, my brothers use to call it "Mrs. Tittyfire".

*falls off the spinny chair*

And back then, Michael Jordan was beast! Plus, Space Jam made him even more beastier (aw crap! Grammar error!) and was indeed the shiznit of our time.

And then there was Showgirls. Uh.... no comment on that one.

Back to you, next poster!
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:12 am

Yes! Space Jam!
CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:13 am

cheesypoofs857 wrote:Seeing how I'm the youngest BBS'er around (Edd's a sophmore. I'm a freshman), I grew up watching Mrs. Doubtfire. Although, my brothers use to call it "Mrs. Tittyfire".

And back then, Michael Jordan was beast! Plus, Space Jam made him even more beastier (aw crap! Grammar error!) and was indeed the shiznit of our time.

I'm a senior! 8)
As for the 90's, I remember Toy Story was like the first big 3-D movie so it was pretty popular.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:15 am

I remember Toy Story! :D
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:01 am

cheesypoofs857 wrote:Seeing how I'm the youngest BBS'er around (Edd's a sophmore. I'm a freshman), I grew up watching Mrs. Doubtfire. Although, my brothers use to call it "Mrs. Tittyfire".

Agreed...but I do have to correct a little thing here- I'm a Junior. I should be in 10th grade according to my age, but they screwed around with the cutoff date or something weird like that when I first moved...

:|

The original Lion King was it way back when. It's still wildly popular in the band/orchestra/chorus/drama scene here at my school- that one day we brought in Guitar Hero II to play some time ago, we had to wrestle the TV away from the other kids watching that movie...

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Indigo Rose

Postby Indigo Rose » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:06 am

gtaca2005 wrote:Yes! Space Jam!

Oh my god, Space Jam! I was SO obsessed with it as a little kid! I wanted to be a basketball player just like Micheal Jordan (which didn't really work, since I had no talent whatsoever.)
"Now Kyle, don't fly too close to the sun, or it'll burn your wings, an- and you'll crash into the ocean!"

(Awkward silence)

"Butters Goddamnit!"
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:06 am

Edduyasha wrote:

Agreed...but I do have to correct a little thing here- I'm a Junior. I should be in 10th grade according to my age, but they screwed around with the cutoff date or something weird like that when I first moved...

^ ^;

I'm a Sophomore, and SHOULD be a junior. I flunked, not because of my grades, but because I missed to much school. I was recommended to repeat a grade because they thought I needed it, even though my grades were above average on the state tests. Home work is the reason I have bad grades, I just don't do it.

Hmmmmm..... What els was good in the 90's? Oh yeah, I remeber being really enthusiastic about the ice cream truck coming. :lol: The same song on every truck. Was it the "Pop Goes the Weisle" (spelling?) tune?
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:01 am

gtaca2005 wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:

^ ^;

I'm a Sophomore, and SHOULD be a junior. I flunked, not because of my grades, but because I missed to much school. I was recommended to repeat a grade because they thought I needed it, even though my grades were above average on the state tests. Home work is the reason I have bad grades, I just don't do it.

Hmmmmm..... What els was good in the 90's? Oh yeah, I remeber being really enthusiastic about the ice cream truck coming. :lol: The same song on every truck. Was it the "Pop Goes the Weisle" (spelling?) tune?

Oooh- Ice Cream trucks? Each year when I go back to Coney Island, New York to visit my relatives in the summer (literally a few blocks away from Astroland, Nathan's Hot Dogs where they have the competition each July 4th and the famous Cyclone roller coaster), I love to sit around in their apartment on the couch and listen for the ice cream truck to make its rounds. I've recognized the song ever since I was a little kid; it makes me feel so nostalgic (spelling?).

:mrgreen:

The song can be found here, just click the play button for the "Mr. Softee Tune".

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:04 am

No, that wasn't the tune of our ice cream truck. There were a few, but the most popular was, well I'll quote someone from another website: "I've driven an ice cream truck for about 10 yrs. now (in California) & the digital music box has 4 tunes- "the entertainer", "pop goes the weasel", one that sounds like "do your ears hang low", & a "back-up" beep." One was this one: (Click the pink panther one.) http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2006/06/i ... truck.html
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:27 am

gtaca2005 wrote:No, that wasn't the tune of our ice cream truck. There were a few, but the most popular was, well I'll quote someone from another website: "I've driven an ice cream truck for about 10 yrs. now (in California) & the digital music box has 4 tunes- "the entertainer", "pop goes the weasel", one that sounds like "do your ears hang low", & a "back-up" beep." One was this one: (Click the pink panther one.) http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2006/06/i ... truck.html

Ah- that's the one song of the ice cream truck that comes through my neighborhood where I live now every once in a few months! Good catch!

:mrgreen:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:31 am

Well, the "Pop Goes the Weasel" one is the most common in California I guess, and it is also my favorite. The one I gave you the link for is the second most common. Not to be racist, I'm not, it is just the truth, almost all the ice cream truck drivers in my city are Arabian. :lol: (Or Siek (Spelling?), I can't tell.)
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:40 am

gtaca2005 wrote:Well, the "Pop Goes the Weasel" one is the most common in California I guess, and it is also my favorite. The one I gave you the link for is the second most common. Not to be racist, I'm not, it is just the truth, almost all the ice cream truck drivers in my city are Arabian. :lol: (Or Siek (Spelling?), I can't tell.)

Ah. Ice cream trucks...I've found them so symbolic of our innocent days as kids in the '90s. Too bad I've never actually had ice cream out of any of them- my family in general (parents, relatives, etc.) is ethnicity-phobic (excluding Cantonese Chinese and *Caucasians, of course).

><

It really bugs me how some of the people in my family are really up their a*ses about other races just because they're different and how they're so paranoid because of it.

* They are generally viewed as 'good' by my relatives, but are usually looked down upon because they're 'stupid' and 'they're barbarians'.

:x

I wish my relatives (and my parents sometimes) would open up their eyes and learn to accept others for who they are one day...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”