What instrument do you play?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Grizim

What instrument do you play?

Postby Grizim » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:54 am

discuss playing music and your preferred instrument(s).
As enjoyable as abuse.
stupidrandy

Re: What instrument do you play?

Postby stupidrandy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:55 am

I play the guitar, bass guitar, drums, and piano. Im not to good at the piano but I try. Ive been in alot of bands tho. My first one was a Nirvana cover band. The singer thought his dog was the reincarnation of Kurt. haha
"Ok, now on too double penatration boy's".--Kyle's Jew dad!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:21 am

I play guitar (both acoustic and electric, but badly), piano (not as well as my younger brother, but well enough), and violin (the instrument I'm best at).

I used to sing in middle school...but I don't really participate in chorus classes now (I seem to have lost my ability to sing both soprano and alto; I think the soprano range is way too high now...I've kind of replaced that range with the Death-Metal voice/Ozzy Osbourne voice range myself).

:oops:

I've done competitions and a CD recording with a local band on violin...but that's about it.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:30 am

I've been playing piano since I was eight years old (you'd think I'd be better by now) but I also play guitar (acoustic and electric, the instruments I'm bested at) and a bit of bass (I mess around).

As gay as this may sound, I want to learn how to compose symphonies. Like, how the f*ck did guys like Mozart and Beethoven think of that sh*t? That takes talent right there...

Bitchin'.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:49 pm

Am I the only person on the BBS who doesn't play guitar?

Instead, I play clarinet. Because I have a weaker immunity system than everybody, I'm last chair. It really pisses me off that I have to play second part at everything. I wanna play the goddamn high notes! I wanna give people headaches! Besides, I can't play low notes at piano because it sounds all spitty and airy. My blond friend says I need to change reeds or something. But I refuse to believe her since she's blond and doesn't follow the Bros Before Hoes policy.

I also play a bit of piano, although I'm not THAt good. All I can play is the first half of Largo and Fur Elise. I'm trying to learn Canon and Moonlight Sonata. Shyeah, I have an electric keyboard with the little screen that shows what notes to play. Hey, it's better than ordering the music!
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:48 am

cheesypoofs857 wrote:I also play a bit of piano, although I'm not THAt good. All I can play is the first half of Largo and Fur Elise. I'm trying to learn Canon and Moonlight Sonata. Shyeah, I have an electric keyboard with the little screen that shows what notes to play. Hey, it's better than ordering the music!

I know how you feel...I've forgotten a lot of the stuff I learned from all my years of piano lessons. I think it's an essential instrument, though...if you start with it, it's easier to work with all the music theory in other instruments you learn by taking piano first. The only exception I know is the Alto clef...aww...that thing's a b*tch to learn after you've worked with treble clef and bass clef for years on end.
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Postby 203177 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:58 am

i play bass, piano and eletric guitar.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:36 am

Alto clef, you say? I can barely get through treble, let alone bass!

I'm thinking about switching to either oboe or saxaphone if the clarinet line is less screwed next year. I guess I can now master anything with a reed on it. I've tried a double reed. Pretty easy if you want to do oboe.

Man, I'm like the only band nerd here! Though I THINK Blue Twilight once said she played piccilo, but I'm not sure.

Band nerds know more drama than cheerleading, football, and the drama club itself combined! We're pretty much one big-ass family.
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:46 am

cheesypoofs857 wrote:Alto clef, you say? I can barely get through treble, let alone bass!

I'm thinking about switching to either oboe or saxaphone if the clarinet line is less screwed next year. I guess I can now master anything with a reed on it. I've tried a double reed. Pretty easy if you want to do oboe.

Man, I'm like the only band nerd here! Though I THINK Blue Twilight once said she played piccilo, but I'm not sure.

Band nerds know more drama than cheerleading, football, and the drama club itself combined! We're pretty much one big-ass family.

I think saxaphone is an alto clef instrument, although I'm not sure. I've lost some of my (previous) mad skill with the bass clef, but I've become pretty proficient with the treble clef (excluding the extra high notes that if played loud and long enough, may make your ears ring for a while)...

The musically-abled scene at my school is like a big family, too. We have our little groups (I so happen to be a psychotic second violinist in our little group; the group infamous for its inside jokes), and we have the crossover people, people involved in Drama/Orchestra/Band/Chorus...

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:36 am

Hmm.. I sing and I play the piano, violin, and guitar (both acoustic and electric, though I tend to play the acoustic a bit more).

marvel_freak_42 wrote:As gay as this may sound, I want to learn how to compose symphonies. Like, how the f*ck did guys like Mozart and Beethoven think of that sh*t? That takes talent right there...

Bitchin'.

That doesn't sound "gay," lmao. I compose stuff all the time.. not amazing symphonies or anything, of course (though it'd be awesome to learn how to do that), but just whatever comes out of my head, and I usually either improv it on the piano or write it in FL Studio or something. Is anyone else on here a composer?
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:27 pm

I've been playing bass for a few years now and am learning acoustic.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:39 pm

I'm more of a composer than a player. I'm at my prime with synthesizers. I actually play around with FL Studio a lot, and I think one day I might try to make it a goal to write a score for either a animated series or video game. Max, what kinda stuff do you do on that? Is it similar to what Schan does?

I've been thinking of screwing around with piano/keyboards more. I've also been told many times by people at my old school that I have perfect pitch, and therefore can sing decently.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:08 am

MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote: Is anyone else on here a composer?

Sort of.. I do random shizz on FL, it's too disorganized though. I'm trying to get better as well as get some more ideas for it.
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:12 am

Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:I'm more of a composer than a player. I'm at my prime with synthesizers. I actually play around with FL Studio a lot, and I think one day I might try to make it a goal to write a score for either a animated series or video game. Max, what kinda stuff do you do on that? Is it similar to what Schan does?

I've been thinking of screwing around with piano/keyboards more. I've also been told many times by people at my old school that I have perfect pitch, and therefore can sing decently.

That's awesome! I kind of do both.. I don't really play other people's music that much on the piano, though, unless it's my own arrangement.. since the way I taught myself, I can only play in my own style. Plus, I have a hard time reading piano music. :? I dunno, it's more classically-influenced than Schan's -- even when I write a techno song, it's classically-influenced somehow. Click the SoundClick link in my sig and you can hear some of my stuff.. some are made on FL and some are just recordings of me improv-ing at the piano. I'd like to hear some of your compositions, too, dude.. that sounds amazing. What kind of styles do you write?

Perfect pitch?.. Like you can sing on key or something, or you can identify a note name without seeing the source? 'Cause I have that too.. xD

Schantrac wrote:Sort of.. I do random shizz on FL, it's too disorganized though. I'm trying to get better as well as get some more ideas for it.

Shut up, Schanman. Your music is beautiful. ^^ And you have your own style, which I'm kind of losing because all of my music is starting to sound the same. :(
Last edited by MaxwellsSilverHammer on Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:13 am

Schantrac wrote:
MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote: Is anyone else on here a composer?

Sort of.. I do random shizz on FL, it's too disorganized though. I'm trying to get better as well as get some more ideas for it.

SCHAN!!!

Your first few things sounded like they could have come from Music For The Minority (REALLY, REALLY, REALLY WIERD), but they still had their special charm to them. Your newer stuff is freaking neat. It's not so disorganized as it is contemporary and experimental. And you handle the orchestral instruments really well! Don't underestimate yourself, dude. :)
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”