The Thanksgiving Thread

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

CruciFACTION

The Thanksgiving Thread

Postby CruciFACTION » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:23 am

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I thought it might be a good idea to talk about it, the food, the Football, and the crazy uncles who you parents tell you to not let near the jewelery.

I live in the town were the whole sh*t went down, so it kind of pisses me off when people call it turkey day. I also believe the the canadians have there own thanksgiving, but I'm talking the U.S.A.'s one just to clarify.
Edduyasha

Re: The Thanksgiving Thread

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:32 am

CruciFACTION wrote:With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I thought it might be a good idea to talk about it, the food, the Football, and the crazy uncles who you parents tell you to not let near the jewelery.

I live in the town were the whole sh*t went down, so it kind of pisses me off when people call it turkey day. I also believe the the canadians have there own thanksgiving, but I'm talking the U.S.A.'s one just to clarify.

I hope I get up early enough to watch the Macy's parade on TV. I just like hanging around Thanksgiving morning by the TV to watch the parade...

This year, I think we're going to have a potluck dinner at the Chinese Christian church instead of the usual turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. I'm cool with that, as long as they have the noodles and mushrooms I like...

:wink:

I'm getting together with my boyfriend that weekend, too...we need to get started on the Physics class project- we have to build a trebuchet. Too bad it's against the rules to fling frozen chickens and burning objects...it would've been funny. The hyper kid who sits besides me in Physics class plans on doing it, though...to fling frozen chickens onto the highway near his house...

:cartmanlaugh:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:42 am

well...I'm going to submit a drawing a few days before, going to have Gobblesday dinner (buffet style more likely) with relitives and possibly paint some more oils at grandma's again.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:45 am

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:well...I'm going to submit a drawing a few days before, going to have Gobblesday dinner (buffet style more likely) with relitives and possibly paint some more oils at grandma's again.

That's cool. What kinds of paintings do you do?
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:44 am

My parents and I are going out to dinner, because I am working both the day before and the day after Thanksgiving, and that would be alot easier than cooking dinner and I also wouldn't have to make the drive to and from my parent's house..That is an hour both ways.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:49 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:My parents and I are going out to dinner, because I am working both the day before and the day after Thanksgiving, and that would be alot easier than cooking dinner and I also wouldn't have to make the drive to and from my parent's house..That is an hour both ways.

True, true... Driving for more than an hour round-trip is kind of a big hassle...

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:43 am

I don't know. Probably spend it at my Aunt's house with my Grandmother, maybe nothing at all. I wish I could have a good old-fashioned family GTG with my mom's side of the family, like we used to do. The only problem with that is that everyone's scattered so much over the years that it's not too easy to get them all together for the big holidays.
angeldeb82

Speaking of Thanksgiving...

Postby angeldeb82 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:35 pm

Speaking of Thanksgiving, here are reviews on The Missing Day by Jack Chick:

http://members.aol.com/pockybox/PessimisticPolitics/ctt/cttthemissingday.html

http://members.aol.com/pockybox/PessimisticPolitics/ctt/cttthemissingdayextra.html

In this Chick tract, he claims that Thanksgiving is "a religious holiday under attack by pagans and heathens" which makes us "not thankful for God or anything, which is a sin". The summary says it all: "The nation that stops giving thanks and forgets God is heading for judgment", which means hellfire and condemnation. What a loony gloom-and-doomy Bible abuser Jack Chick is in forcing Thanksgiving to be a "religious holiday", wouldn't you say? :cartmanlaugh:
Still the same as it ever was.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:37 pm

BRMBug wrote:I don't know. Probably spend it at my Aunt's house with my Grandmother, maybe nothing at all. I wish I could have a good old-fashioned family GTG with my mom's side of the family, like we used to do. The only problem with that is that everyone's scattered so much over the years that it's not too easy to get them all together for the big holidays.

I agree. It's hard to get together for holidays in my family too...we've got relatives in Japan, Canada, New York, Britain, California, Missouri...while I'm in some podunk swamp town. It's pretty insane.

><
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

StanismyMan

Postby StanismyMan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:42 pm

On Thanksgiving, only my immediate family has dinner together. But because my mom has 12 brothers and sisters, and they all have like, 3-4 kids, I have a gigantic family on my mom's side, while my dad has practically none. Dividing our time everytime between each holiday is a pain, but I don't care. I get free food, presents, and money every holiday! WHOO!
Athena1999 wrote:Camels
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:48 pm

StanismyMan wrote:On Thanksgiving, only my immediate family has dinner together. But because my mom has 12 brothers and sisters, and they all have like, 3-4 kids, I have a gigantic family on my mom's side, while my dad has practically none. Dividing our time everytime between each holiday is a pain, but I don't care. I get free food, presents, and money every holiday! WHOO!

Yeah...I wonder what my Thanksgiving will be like this year, considering that I'm going to be hanging with the kids in Chinese church this time around.

I miss the huge family reunions we have for Chinese New Year over at my rich cousin's house up in upstate New York. They usually give me s*itloads of cash (it still comes in the mail, mind you, but it's more fun when my favorite cousins push the money into my mom's purse and we all run off to play Guitar Hero II in the other room)... I'm just not too keen on my b*tchy relatives getting up my ass about me being a Christian because they're Buddhist...

><

I feel so much like Kyle the Loney Jew when I'm around those a*shole relatives...

:x
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

CruciFACTION

Postby CruciFACTION » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:07 pm

I live in Plymouth, yes the same plymouth were it all went down. (And no, I'm not worried about Teh stalkers finding out were I live, Plymouth is a big place) So naturally this Holiday is some what important to me. Unfortunatly, My crazy clepto uncle isn't coming this year, so it just won't be the same. :(
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:13 pm

CruciFACTION wrote:I live in Plymouth, yes the same plymouth were it all went down. (And no, I'm not worried about Teh stalkers finding out were I live, Plymouth is a big place) So naturally this Holiday is some what important to me. Unfortunatly, My crazy clepto uncle isn't coming this year, so it just won't be the same. :(

Damn...I bet your town/city must have some crazy-a*s festivities for Thanksgiving each year, seeing as how it originated there so long ago...

:mrgreen:

That's cool, though.

Random: Does anyone have a picture of Indian Cartman? I need it for reference for my Thanksgiving fanart...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

angeldeb82

Re: Speaking of Thanksgiving...

Postby angeldeb82 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:37 pm

angeldeb82 wrote:Speaking of Thanksgiving, here are reviews on The Missing Day by Jack Chick:

http://members.aol.com/pockybox/PessimisticPolitics/ctt/cttthemissingdayextra.html

In this Chick tract, he claims that Thanksgiving is "a religious holiday under attack by pagans and heathens" which makes us "not thankful for God or anything, which is a sin". The summary says it all: "The nation that stops giving thanks and forgets God is heading for judgment", which means hellfire and condemnation. What a loony gloom-and-doomy Bible abuser Jack Chick is in forcing Thanksgiving to be a "religious holiday", wouldn't you say? :cartmanlaugh:

Is anyone listening?!
Still the same as it ever was.
Edduyasha

Re: Speaking of Thanksgiving...

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:42 pm

angeldeb82 wrote:
angeldeb82 wrote:Speaking of Thanksgiving, here are reviews on The Missing Day by Jack Chick:

Is anyone listening?!

I just read it...and I come to this conclusion...

Some people are just d*ckwads and there's nothing we can do to change that.

:|
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”