The Unofficial Official ChristmOMG A SOUTH PARK LAMP!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Edduyasha

Re: The Unofficial Official Christmanukkwaanza Thread

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:12 pm

Does anyone know a good place to get one of those midget potted Christmas trees? Those things are absolutely amazing, and I want one this year to put in my room and then plant in my yard after Christmas is done...

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
candies

Postby candies » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:32 pm

Edduyasha wrote:Does anyone know a good place to get one of those midget potted Christmas trees? Those things are absolutely amazing, and I want one this year to put in my room and then plant in my yard after Christmas is done...

^ ^;
Wal-mart or Target has everything you need for Christmas and they'll probably have Christmas trees midgets.
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:52 pm

^Quiet you!

Our Christmas concert is Tuesday and it sucks that we can't play "Carol of the Bells". I'm actually starting like that song!

As for Christmas tree midgets, my dad is too lazy to put a real tree up, so he bought this two foot tree. Why can't we just have a normal tree like all the rich, white folk?!
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:30 pm

candies wrote:
Edduyasha wrote:Does anyone know a good place to get one of those midget potted Christmas trees? Those things are absolutely amazing, and I want one this year to put in my room and then plant in my yard after Christmas is done...

^ ^;
Wal-mart or Target has everything you need for Christmas and they'll probably have Christmas trees midgets.

I dunno...I didn't see any at the Wal-Marts and Target near my house. I'm thinking I have to search the plant nurseries somewhere...

cheesypoofs857 wrote:Our Christmas concert is Tuesday and it sucks that we can't play "Carol of the Bells". I'm actually starting like that song!

As for Christmas tree midgets, my dad is too lazy to put a real tree up, so he bought this two foot tree. Why can't we just have a normal tree like all the rich, white folk?!

Oh, snap! We have our Orchestra Christmas concert on Tuesday, too!

:shock:

We're playing Sleigh Ride (we play it every year...yawn), and this medley of carols called Suite of Carols (including Pastores a Belen, It Came Upon the Midnight Clear, O Little Town of Bethlehem, Bring a Torch Jeanette Isabella, Away in a Manger, and Wassail Song). I hardly knew half the songs...must be some regional carols. The first one was a Hispanic carol, the fourth is French, and the last one came from somewhere in Europe. We just call the last one the Waffle Song. It's a lot easier to remember that way.

I wish I could have a two foot Christmas tree...we don't have room in my house at all for anything larger than a three foot tree because of my parents going on a furniture shopping spree over the years.

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:51 pm

Edduyasha wrote:
cheesypoofs857 wrote:Our Christmas concert is Tuesday and it sucks that we can't play "Carol of the Bells". I'm actually starting like that song!

Oh, snap! We have our Orchestra Christmas concert on Tuesday, too!

:shock:

We're playing Sleigh Ride (we play it every year...yawn), and this medley of carols called Suite of Carols (including Pastores a Belen, It Came Upon the Midnight Clear, O Little Town of Bethlehem, Bring a Torch Jeanette Isabella, Away in a Manger, and Wassail Song). I hardly knew half the songs...must be some regional carols. The first one was a Hispanic carol, the fourth is French, and the last one came from somewhere in Europe. We just call the last one the Waffle Song. It's a lot easier to remember that way.

I wish I could have a two foot Christmas tree...we don't have room in my house at all for anything larger than a three foot tree because of my parents going on a furniture shopping spree over the years.

^ ^;

I'll ask my dad to bring his camera then.

Anyway, we're playing Christmas Suite, Christmas Concerto (with a clarinet, flute, and trumpet solo), O Holy Night, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (with a sax solo), and Showstoppin' Christmas (woodwinds go crazy and brass gets all jazzy).

I wish we could play Fantasia (another name for Carol of the Bells), but us woodwinds were too damn lazy to practice hitting eighth notes at con spirito. I hate the last song because of the sixteenth notes and impossible fingerings (C#!!).

You bastard strings have no idea how hard it is to move your fingers like that! CNDEJKFNDEFNEOI!!

Aw well. Maybe if the remaining clarinets and I practice all summer for Fantasia, we might get to play it next year.

If the woodwinds can put it together, we might actually do Sleigh Ride next year, too.
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:51 pm

The Christmas carols arranged for us violins are really easy (save for the solos that get up to the 'ears start to ring' range), so yeah. There's this one piece we sightread last year, though...it was something like Russian Easter Suite, now that was Hell. The rhythms were off the wall, the notes required professional-level shifting and you needed super-mad skills to do that.

We found some midget Christmas trees just a little while ago at Home Depot when I went out to take pictures of vintage houses for Art class earlier, but they're pretty expensive.

Oh, well.

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:48 am

Check for those midge-trees at supermarkets. I've been to Kroger, Tom Thumb, and Wal-Mart this past week, and have seen them go for anywhere between $15 and $25. Home Depoo is gonna charge out the ass for everything anyway. The little Rosemary "trees" are nice. I've never been able to keep one living though. I seem to have a black thumb with everything except Ivy and Cactus.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:32 pm

^ True, true...

So...about decorating? Have all you guys at least started hanging up lights or whatnot? We did that last weekend, I'm gonna try to steal the Christmas lights out of my brother's room...

:wink:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:25 pm

^ ^;

Beware of JCPenney. We bought our tiny tree off their website, and it was nowhere near worth what we paid for. It was an artificial sitting in a slim stand, and it was all wobbly, and not fixed into the stand with a good enough screw.

Any little tree you have to apply shims to in order to keep its balance is not worth the dough.

The more you know...
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:37 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:

^ ^;

Beware of JCPenney. We bought our tiny tree off their website, and it was nowhere near worth what we paid for. It was an artificial sitting in a slim stand, and it was all wobbly, and not fixed into the stand with a good enough screw.

Any little tree you have to apply shims to in order to keep its balance is not worth the dough.

The more you know...

Alrighty. I dunno...that store is mediocre if you ask me. I usually get my clothes from Bealls (local clothes/home furnishing store), which has a decent selection leaning towards to alternative/punk clothes if you search hard enough. The most I ever get from the mall is a few things here and there from Hot Topic, Spencer's, and Bath and Body Works (soap).

^ ^;

What's a 'White Elephant' gift exchange?

:|
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:42 am

^ A "White Elephant" gift exchange, I believe, is when you buy just some basic gift, set to whatever price limit, and just bring it to a party. (Important: Do not put a name on it! It's gonna go random.) There, you and your friends or whoever draw numbers and, in order, either select a gift from the table or swap with what somebody else got. The gift can be swapped twice at most, at least how I remember playing it, and the game keeps going until the last number is drawn.

I almost forgot...If the gift you got is taken by someone, you can either swap with another or select a new one.

It's really fun, even if most of the stuff people bring looks like crap.
Last edited by AngusMcTavish on Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:46 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:^ A "White Elephant" gift exchange, I believe is when you buy just some basic gift, set to whatever price limit, and just bring it to a party. (Important: Do not put a name on it! It's gonna go random.) There, you and your friends or whoever draw numbers and, in order, either select a gift from the table or swap with what somebody else got. The gift can be swapped twice at most, at least how I remember playing it, and the game keeps going until the last number is drawn.

I remember doing that back in elementary school. I think it was by a different name. I disliked it- I always got the good present first, but people kept trading off with me.

><

I prefer the Secret Santa exchange (we're doing one in Orchestra class this year); you pick a person out of a hat and get them a gift (preferably going by the posted wishlist), but chocolate always works. Heck, food of all kinds work- us Orchestra kids will mob and do anything for food...

:mrgreen:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

south park fan collecter

Postby south park fan collecter » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:33 am

edduyasha i wont be able to chat with you becuse next week you turn 18 and i dont know if you want to chat with me on your birthday.
Schantrac

Postby Schantrac » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:09 am

I can't believe it's so close already, this year FLEW by!
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:53 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:
plk12345 wrote:merry christmas south park studios

Thanks PLK, and happy Yule to you

thank you moondragon, i appreciate it ;)
M00ndragon69 wrote: although it is a bit early..The Winter Solstice is a couple weeks away.

dunno what the implication is here. Perhaps the fact that the date of the feast of the nativity has been affected by pagan traditions? Of course, this is of no issue with us, as no serious christian scholar attributes dec 25 as the actual date of the birth of christ
M00ndragon69 wrote:[
But hey tell KTS I wish him a happy holiday too..How has he been doing?

dunno, but ill be sure to tell him next time i see him. i'd also like to give him my own christmas greeting.

thanks again ;)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”