The Unofficial Official ChristmOMG A SOUTH PARK LAMP!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

AngusMcTavish

Re: The Unofficial Official Christmanukkwaanza Thread

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:22 am

Man...Really sorry to hear that. :(

Hoping things don't turn out that bad for you.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:09 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:@Bug: I see it also has one by Tennessee Ernie Ford. My mother has the whole double-LP of his Christmas stuff from who-knows-when, and you just can't find it on CD anywhere. Not in this order, anyway.

I'll have to have her check the label's website.

Yeah, I lucked out and found an original unopened copy of it on CD on ebay. Actually, Dad got that LP and some other Christmas albums from the library eons ago, and recorded them on tape. We'd listen to them on the way to San Antonio.

Edduyasha wrote:We have three local stations playing Christmas songs 24/7 from Thanksgiving to Christmas...and we hardly get any other stations (that aren't in Spanish, hur, hur).

Us too. We don't have a good Rock station, we don't have a good Easy Listening station, and our Classical station likes to play marches in the wee hours of the morning (What? I need something to wind down with when I go to bed.), but we've got three stations playing Christmas music 'round the clock!
Actually we had a great rock station. They were around for almost 30 years. Then someone bought the station, fired everyone the same day, and went all Tejano two days later. Now that station is one of the 24/7 Ho-Ho-Ho fests, and I'm praying they'll change formats again after the new year. I mean Jeeze, we already have 7 FM, and probably 20 AM Spanish stations... But I digress.
...What were we talking about? Oh, the Holidays! Um, the Holidays are good.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:22 pm

BRMBug wrote:We don't have a good Rock station, we don't have a good Easy Listening station, and our Classical station likes to play marches in the wee hours of the morning [size=75](What? I need something to wind down with when I go to bed.)

I'm lucky with radio stations here. We get the stations from the Bay Area (San Fransisco, and Oakland.) and the central valley (Sacramento, Stockton, and Modesto.) All together, thats about... well I don't know, but it serves a population of 750,00 + 430,000 + 450,000, + 300,000 + 230,000 with all the cities. Oh, and I forgot about Berkly, San Jose, Santa Clara, Lodi, Roseville, San-metro, Oak-metro (East-Bay) Sac-metro, Stock-metro, Mod-metro...... The list goes on and on, California is basically a damn MEGA metropolis. But the point is, that we have hella radio stations. :D

On topic: Non are playing Christmas songs, mabey the religious ones, but no regular music ones.

Edit: Early Christmas present! In a side city of Stockton, Lodi, as mentioned above, There are 2 schools on lock-down because a naked man armed with a knife is running around. :lol:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:02 pm

merry christmas south park studios
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:15 pm

plk12345 wrote:merry christmas south park studios

Thanks PLK, and happy Yule to you although it is a bit early..The Winter Solstice is a couple weeks away. But hey tell KTS I wish him a happy holiday too..How has he been doing?
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:36 pm

Well...at least the Classic Rock and Rock/Metal/Nu-Metal station is doing its usual stuff, with the occasional Christmas song parody by the stations.

^ ^;

But, I digress. I think it's a bit weird, but the holidays is the one time of the year I'm slightly civil to people that aren't my friends and family. It must be the slightly cooler weather; it makes me feel a bit more alive than my usual zombie-like state and therefore a bit more human.

Oooh! My dad's gonna get me an iPod (finally) for Christmas this year! Woot!

In other news...I think I'm gonna break my flu-on-my-birthday curse this year! I already had it last month and I'm feeling rather healthy lately. After all, it isn't much fun to have the flu lingering on Christmas to New Years after you caught it on your birthday 5 days before...

:mrgreen:
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
south park fan collecter

Postby south park fan collecter » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:07 pm

feliz navida edduyasha.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:23 pm

Our local radio station 96.9 fm plays one christmas song randomly every hour
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:33 pm

Some stations have x-mas songs, just not the ones I listen to...thank science....

I'm guessing your (Eddyasha's) birthday is the 21st? If not, I don't care, I'll celebrate your birthday and my two year bbs anniversary on Christmas Eve's Eve (23rd).

We haven't gotten our tree yet, but possibly tomorrow. I still don't have any snow yet (of course southern Indiana doesn't get much snow...) I just want it to snow...and accumulate.
Too bad you live in...Florida (?) Eddyasha, you'd be lucky to get half an inch of the fluffy stuff.

And I am done with the photoshop thingy it's called An TiX-Mas just sound it out... It's in my sig and I will be refering to it until at least x-mas.

Happy Hanaka, Merry X-mas, Happy New Year, and all that stuff!
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:11 am

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:Some stations have x-mas songs, just not the ones I listen to...thank science....

I'm guessing your (Eddyasha's) birthday is the 21st? If not, I don't care, I'll celebrate your birthday and my two year bbs anniversary on Christmas Eve's Eve (23rd).

We haven't gotten our tree yet, but possibly tomorrow. I still don't have any snow yet (of course southern Indiana doesn't get much snow...) I just want it to snow...and accumulate.
Too bad you live in...Florida (?) Eddyasha, you'd be lucky to get half an inch of the fluffy stuff.

And I am done with the photoshop thingy it's called An TiX-Mas just sound it out... It's in my sig and I will be refering to it until at least x-mas.

Happy Hanaka, Merry X-mas, Happy New Year, and all that stuff!

My birthday is on the 20th, but that's no big matter... I'll be good as long as the fatass administrator insists on making the other kids sing 'Happy Birthday' for me (it's Hell, I tell ya from what I've seen with the other kids, especially with the Seniors).

I heard that the Midwest was getting pounded with snow and ice, though... It's still about 85 degrees out where I live...and it's deathly humid.

><

Whatever happened to that cold front a week ago? That at least brougt things down to 70-ish degrees and relieved my sinus pressure for a few days...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:28 am

^^^
That ice storm will pass to the south of us. The Brew City will get an inch or so of snow, but that's it. Nothing we can't handle.

I did some Christmas shopping today. Only went to two stores, but there was an assload of people at both of them. What a freakin' zoo.
Fortunately, I'm done with that scene for this year. I've got all my gifts purchased, so now I just have to sit back and wait for Christmas Eve. Thank freakin' God.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:40 am

triplemultiplex wrote:^^^
That ice storm will pass to the south of us. The Brew City will get an inch or so of snow, but that's it. Nothing we can't handle.

I did some Christmas shopping today. Only went to two stores, but there was an assload of people at both of them. What a freakin' zoo.
Fortunately, I'm done with that scene for this year. I've got all my gifts purchased, so now I just have to sit back and wait for Christmas Eve. Thank freakin' God.

Oh.

Christmas shopping is Hell...I just don't get how people can wait in front of a store for the doorbuster sales all night, especially you all in the snowy climes.

As far as gifts, I usually head to the craft store- I like making my own gifts for people better (isn't it a bit more personal?). This year, I made a pair of plushies for my boyfriend...I might post pictures.

^ ^;
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today

Goodbye, all you people
Goodbye...

James--76

Postby James--76 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:02 am

I did most of my christmas shopping online i hate ques and people piss me off when they barge you out the way to get what they want first.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:28 am

Man, I just heard this really kickass version of the Bell Carol! To Project Playlist!
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
Kennyrox666

Postby Kennyrox666 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:38 pm

Ah, I don't like the holidays, and Christmas shopping is evil.

New Years is always fun though, because I can get together with my friends and we blow the sh*t out of stuff to celebrate.
Ok, who stold my stuff...?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”