Mental "disorders" topic.

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

teh-lolrus

Re: Mental "disorders" topic.

Postby teh-lolrus » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:43 am

gtaca2005 wrote:
Kelly MacCornmac wrote:Back on topic: I'm also a bit paraniod, picked up on that a bit by SJ. I turn my head if I hear something coming, turn this off (or mininise it or swich tabs). I delete the browsing history before I go to bed, and contantly looking over my shoulder to see if my sister is going to come into my room (they are adjecent).

You too, huh? :lol:

I might be, but I'm a bit more Tweek-like when I'm under pressure or thinking that someone's on my back. It's not as bad as before, but I still spaz when my dad looks over at the computer screen or when my parents walk in when I'm hanging out with my boyfriend; they're anti-hugging/kissing, even though I made it crystal clear that I'd slit my boyfriend's throat with my own nails if he did anything more than that.

:tweek:
._.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:46 am

I just don't want my family to know what I talk about on the Internet, because it is nothing like I am in real life. I have to put on a false front around all these weirdos. :roll:
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Miko hanyou

Postby Miko hanyou » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:04 pm

I have a family history of mental disorders so i won't be surprised if i have atleast one. I have but I'm not diagnosed by a doctor, General Anxiety Disorder and social anxiety. I was a sheltered child when i was growing up, I'm guessing that because of that, i developed those.

I remember that my counselors thought that i suffer from muteness or selective mutism because i rarely talked in school but the thing is that i really don't like talking and that landed me in speech therapy. Although, i do think i might have that because i do talk and swear a lot at home but i don't talk to anyone at school, in public or even to other relatives of my family other than my own family.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:58 pm

autistic guy wrote: Autistic guy, here; although it's not really that... well... noticable
ME TOO! Though I'm sure I was misdiagnosed, I was just really bullied as a kid for my ultra posh accent (think Pip) so didn't really have much faith in people.

I was wondering (before I noticed this topic) just why it is that everyone I know online has some kind of mental disorder? It seems everywhere I turn I find a "diagnosed" madman, but only in the people I like!

The most insane people never get diagnosed, in 'real life' that is. Maybee it's cause I live in Britain, and yanke head-doctors have more power. But maybee there's something in chatrooms and forums that lures those with mental problems here, perhaps the anonymity provides safety to be ourselves without fear of being carted off? Anyway, that's my main point.

On a related note, I think I might be schizophrenic, but that's only because I read the DSM and the diagnostic criteria are basically the same as the definition of a human (they so open they're like Lian Cartman's legs) but i DO hear voices (three of them usually) who tell me to do stuff; one tells me to do gay stuff, has posh accent, one tells me to kill stuff in a german voice, the other (comes from objects) just tells me how dangerous the world is and how lkucky I am to be an IMMORTAL which doesn't limmit my paranoia! I could be Bi-polar, but I don't like diagnostic labels much after the trouble I've had with my own supposed 'Autism' and getting into college.

I also thought I was Jesus at one point in time, luckily no one else noticed. But that's still my religious view, that I COULD BE the seccod comming, and no one better question it or I'll sue their asses for descriminatinb g against my beliefs! ICH BIN GOTT!!!

As part of a bet, I once tried a Hadol pill my Bipolar friend (top grades, best artist ever, nice bloke and all that) didn't want (i didn't believe him it was that bad :oops: ) I can safely say I'll never allow myself to get medicated. Heard loads of horror storeis since then, but nothing prepaird me for trying just one of those pills; don't know how you guys last on perscriptions!
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:26 pm

Meh.. I've been depressed for basically as long as I can remember.. I have a huge inferiority complex, always have. :? I'm also certain that I have OCD, and a severe case of it at that -- I have a ton of strict rituals and routines I have to do for basically every minor task, and I get headaches, dizziness, nausea, INTENSE anxiety, etc. if I don't follow them exactly. I also have a lot of trouble throwing things away, which probably ties into it as well.

For a while, I used to think I was probably autistic, based especially on how I acted as a kid -- a teacher of mine in grade school even suspected it before -- but I'm not really sure if that's true. If it is, then oh well.. don't really care. XD
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:36 am

Is there anybody in my family that's never been color-blind, I gotta wonder?

I'm not majorly so, just little things here and there. Certain greens and browns...
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:51 pm

I have moderate-level clinical depression, which has grown more severe over the past year. Anything and everything sets it off these days.

I also have OCD-- I have strict rituals for daily activities, am a perfectionist when it comes to detail, and I have had strange number-related fixations (most notably for the number 7) since I was young. I also have the "if you ______ X number of times, then nothing bad happens to you or your loved ones" mentality. It isn't as bad now as it was when I was younger. I thought the number 7 was bad luck, so I'd count my steps and make sure the number didn't end on a multiple of 7, and if I passed a house whose address was a multiple of 7, I'd try to hold my breath until I saw a house whose address was not. Also, I'd NEVER look at the clock between 7:00 and 8:00... so much obsession over the number 7.

Also, I'm extremely paranoid about losing friends and will freak out if any of them show any signs of drawing away.
Illegitimi non carborundum.
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:39 pm

Blue Twilight wrote:I have moderate-level clinical depression, which has grown more severe over the past year. Anything and everything sets it off these days.

Also, I'm extremely paranoid about losing friends and will freak out if any of them show any signs of drawing away.

I've been diagnosed with that (moderate-severe), but thankfully, I'm off pills. I still relapse once a while (like yesterday, when my boyfriend told me he would kill himself) with pretty nasty results (I won't go into what happened yesterday to me, but you all would think I should go right back to my meds if I told)...

I'm pretty deadpan when it comes to relationships as a whole, but if I lose someone close to me (which there are very few I actually care for), I get extremely emotional and sometimes out of control (as in the case some years back before my emotional wreck when my grandfather on my mom's side died). I'd be scared to find out what I would do if my boyfriend died...

Question- Does depression onset suddenly and for no appearent reason?
._.
suzukichic

Postby suzukichic » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:04 pm

teh-lolrus wrote:
Blue Twilight wrote:Question- Does depression onset suddenly and for no appearent reason?

Depression can occur at a major turnpoint in your life, suddenly and for no appearent reason...if it happens suddenly it maybe from some previous event in your life that led you into depression. For no appearent reason would be that your mood maybe unstable. For me it is my past that puts me through depression and it could be at any point of my life...but it's hard to just forget about it..but yes I believe that depression can occur suddenly and for no appearant reason.
Myspace is for whores...that's why I have one.
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:44 pm

suzukichic wrote:
teh-lolrus wrote:
Blue Twilight wrote:Question- Does depression onset suddenly and for no appearent reason?

Depression can occur at a major turnpoint in your life, suddenly and for no appearent reason...if it happens suddenly it maybe from some previous event in your life that led you into depression. For no appearent reason would be that your mood maybe unstable. For me it is my past that puts me through depression and it could be at any point of my life...but it's hard to just forget about it..but yes I believe that depression can occur suddenly and for no appearant reason.

Thanks for the insight; I was asking for the sake of my poor boyfriend. Something's been going wrong with him lately, but we couldn't really figure out why exactly he was depressed.

:|
._.
suzukichic

Postby suzukichic » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:26 am

^

Well do you know anything about his life and if something bad went on...?
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:28 am

suzukichic wrote:^

Well do you know anything about his life and if something bad went on...?

I heard him say something about his family and friends giving him sh*t, but he told me today it wasn't so much that as just randomly feeling depressed out of his mind.

:|
._.
suzukichic

Postby suzukichic » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:35 am

^
Sometimes you don't really know the reason you're depressed, but you just are. I get like that sometimes. Everything can be fine...but I just feel blegh to everything. Just tell him that you love him because you can't really do much for him because only he knows what's wrong.
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:24 pm

Blue Twilight wrote:I have moderate-level clinical depression, which has grown more severe over the past year. Anything and everything sets it off these days.

I also have OCD-- I have strict rituals for daily activities, am a perfectionist when it comes to detail, and I have had strange number-related fixations (most notably for the number 7) since I was young. I also have the "if you ______ X number of times, then nothing bad happens to you or your loved ones" mentality. It isn't as bad now as it was when I was younger. I thought the number 7 was bad luck, so I'd count my steps and make sure the number didn't end on a multiple of 7, and if I passed a house whose address was a multiple of 7, I'd try to hold my breath until I saw a house whose address was not. Also, I'd NEVER look at the clock between 7:00 and 8:00... so much obsession over the number 7.

AHHHH! WE EVEN HAVE THE SAME OCD MAGIC NUMBER!! Except for me, 7 is the good number. I understand the whole counting-steps thing, too.. I do that constantly. We really are twinnehs.. O.O

I can't stand the numbers 5, 9, or 16. If I do something any of those numbers of times, I'll get dizzy and shaky and my head will feel like it's about to explode. It even bothers me when someone ELSE does something five times. And that's only the beginning of my rituals.. ><

And I totally understand the thing about being afraid of losing people. I'm so paranoid about that as well. I always tend to fear for the worst, and sometimes it ends up insulting people and causing them to back away.. which REALLY upsets me, as it wasn't my intention to make them feel that way.. :?
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:51 pm

^Wow... I think 7 must be a lucky/unlucky number for everyone. I used to be really bothered if people did anything seven times, but now it doesn't faze me. I still find myself doing the step-counting thing from time to time, particularly if I'm worried about some imminate negative occurrence.

Some of those things still bother me, too... lately I've gotten into the habit of setting my alarm clock at least three times, and I repetitively push the button on traffic lights until the "walk" signal comes even if someone else has already done it...

Oh yes, and I also set all of my clocks ahead five minutes... I don't know why I do, either.

I also seem to have a fixation on making lists, particularly of timelines. :/ Numbers just seem to have high importance to me; ironically, I suck at math.

OCD is just an odd thing to have...
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”