Mental "disorders" topic.

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

wendy28

Re: Mental "disorders" topic.

Postby wendy28 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:53 am

i have these periods of times, when just something small happens, like i was the only one not being invited to a party or something, and... well, its kinda weird, but i CANT get up in the morning... even when i have school, i just stay in bed for one, two or three days, being awake most of the time. my mum said it could be a depression, but she never really took me to a doctor... and also i feel weird about telling my friends about this...they think im ill a lot :)
hm. maybe i SHOULD see some guy about that one day.
favorite character: kyle!

Horrific, deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words!
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:40 am

Blue Twilight wrote:^Wow... I think 7 must be a lucky/unlucky number for everyone. I used to be really bothered if people did anything seven times, but now it doesn't faze me.

Good.. because I just realised you made your new BBS name on 7/7/07. :o

Numbers have a really high importance for me, too. I always remember dates of certain events for some reason. It could be anything.. if it was even remotely significant to me, I'll usually be able to recall what day it happened. Even though I'm also terrible at math..

Sweet goodness. I feel we're more and more twinneh-like all the time, I swear! XD
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:10 pm

MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote:
Blue Twilight wrote:I also have OCD-- I have strict rituals for daily activities, am a perfectionist when it comes to detail, and I have had strange number-related fixations (most notably for the number 7) since I was young. I also have the "if you ______ X number of times, then nothing bad happens to you or your loved ones" mentality. It isn't as bad now as it was when I was younger. I thought the number 7 was bad luck, so I'd count my steps and make sure the number didn't end on a multiple of 7, and if I passed a house whose address was a multiple of 7, I'd try to hold my breath until I saw a house whose address was not. Also, I'd NEVER look at the clock between 7:00 and 8:00... so much obsession over the number 7.

Also, I'm extremely paranoid about losing friends and will freak out if any of them show any signs of drawing away.

AHHHH! WE EVEN HAVE THE SAME OCD MAGIC NUMBER!! Except for me, 7 is the good number. I understand the whole counting-steps thing, too.. I do that constantly. We really are twinnehs.. O.O

I count every one of my actions, too, but in 8. I've never really thought of it as something strange, though. @_@
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
cheesypoofs857

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:04 am

Sadly, I have no OCD number. Though I use to be so obsessed with counting syllables with my fingers. That's as close as I can get.

Anyway, I can't withdraw from the medication I'm taking. It makes me sleep, well, for a very long period of time. Bipolar disorder consists of an irregular sleeping pattern, but this isn't helping at all. Sometimes I wake up at one in the morning and other times I oversleep. If I skip a dose, I can't sleep at all. On the second day I still couldn't sleep. So now I'm stuck with it.

I'm not sure if I told you guys this or not, but I'm no longer seeing the doctor that perscribe the medication to me. Guy's a f*cking quack/shrink that ate my dad's checkbook.
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
Luke-L

Postby Luke-L » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:12 pm

I have Dissociative Identity Disorder. This means that I create multiple personalities about myself and thus, dissociate myself from whom I really am. It's such a controversial and confusing condition; it's basically unheard of out of the US (it is far, far more common than people believe it to be) so I found it strange that I was diagnosed with it.

It's terrifying. I tell these 'lies' which are real to me as I've created a personality which follows a certain path. I'm on a combination of antipsychotics (Seroquel) and tranquilisers (Valium) to a) calm my racing imagination and fragmenting personality down and b) to quell the anxiety and fears that come when I 'pull out' of one of my 'lies', as I like to call them.

Frightening condition indeed. :(

Edit: After my psychiatrists visit today, they keep putting schizophrenia back into the question. It seems reasonable enough; the delusions, visual and auditory hallucinations and an general split personality. I'll tell you this much - I can come out with some of the most f*cked up sh*t ever when my personality splits as I don't know who I am; I often just end up telling a load of rubbish and then ending up confused when I come down off the high or come up from the low.

They've put me on Risperdal and kept the Valium there for the depression and paranoia. I hope this'll all get cleared up soon. :|
- Luke Llewellyn.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Anyway, I can't withdraw from the medication I'm taking. It makes me sleep, well, for a very long period of time. Bipolar disorder consists of an irregular sleeping pattern, but this isn't helping at all. Sometimes I wake up at one in the morning and other times I oversleep. If I skip a dose, I can't sleep at all. On the second day I still couldn't sleep. So now I'm stuck with it.

Those "side effects" don't sound too palitable; are you sure the Bipolar is worse? Either way, I recently read a great book on withdrawing from psychiactric medication, "your drug may be your problem," (writen by a total a-hole I know) that you should browse trhough if you see/ want to stay awake. I thought you wanted to stay awake forever, anyway?

If you don't want to frok out for a book, here's a good site with advice on quitting drugs of the psychiactric verity http://www.metzelf.info/information/Stopping.html

If you just want to see some of the dangers of psychiactric medication, worse than you've expierienced thus far, go on http://www.prozactruth.com/haldol.htm it'll show just how hard it is to quit.

After my psychiatrists visit today, they keep putting schizophrenia back into the question.

Hope your head does clear up, but i'm slightly skeptical that Vallium, ant-depressants or antipsychotics could do that, by themselves or any better than other less reputable drugs of the mind.

They put schizophrenia on everyone, it's like their bread. I tell people a load of f*cked up sh*t I sometimes believe (I've had sex with someone I don't even like, I'm gay when I'm not, i'm the messiah, I'm jewish when i'm only half and non obeservant), and I sometimes hear 'auditory hallucinations,' have manic periods where I dream about genocide and start singing in latin without really caring what's going on around me, have the beiggest phobia list on earth, and rarely see visual hallucinations, but I'm not on medication. Why? Because I stayed the f*ck away from the shrinks after they diagnosed me with autism way back when I couldn't run for sh*t (not that I could now).

I got a coppy of the DSMVI (diagnositic manual) and from their criteria, it 's clear EVERYONE has enough of a disease to medicate, if you're looking for the symptoms that is. I score scarily higly on the Psychopathy (Anti Social Personality) test, and on the hebe schizophrenia/ bipolar tests, but they're so open and vague, I havn't trusted psychiatry since I read that book of theres. No matter how many scientologists were trying to force-feed me trash about shrinks taking over the world, I still supported psychiactric institution vehemently (and wanted to be a psychiatrist) until through curiosity about wanting to be a shrink and on hearing voices, and on having more than my fair share of diagnosed pals, and that book did them more dammage than anything in my estimation. Not that meds don't sometimes work, and they don't have the best intentions, Mkay.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”