death by Apple inc.

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Chicken_Man

death by Apple inc.

Postby Chicken_Man » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:23 am

I've noticed all the comotion over ipods and other Apple products now that i own one. Also I've noticed that ne of the biggest crimes of kids these days is illegal downloading and pirating songs. I know its wrong but everyone burns cd's even me. I dont download songs off lime wire though (my friends do but i dont) and how come you see all these little 5 year olds with ipods and phones i dont suggest that you give either of them to kids because 1. who are they gunna call, and if they do call bepeople thier gunns run up a huge bill. 2. why give them an ipod the only songs 5 year olds listen to are little baby kid songs (most of them arnt even into music yet.

Plus Aplle is really ripping us off because of the fact that ipods are $200 and some of them freeze. Also 1 out of every 100 iPhones made doent work thats a pretty lage % since there and thousands of them made. And ive heard that the iphone's sevice isnt very good and that its hard to understand. i wish that apple would accucly make thier product better of at least change less for them.

happy new year

Keep On Rockn On

support owr troops

-Chicken_Man

P.S. everyone buy the ew Underoath album
:timmy: :santa: :timmy:
Zubby

Re: death by Apple inc.

Postby Zubby » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:06 am

Last time I checked, no one was being forced to buy either an iPhone or an iPod (I don't have either).
Also, Apple isn't making anyone buy cell phones for 5 year olds.

So, I have no idea what point you are attempting to make.
Zubby
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:58 am

This is kinda what I got out of that. iPods define "overrated". That pretty much sums it up.

One thing that I think contributes to the high price of an iPod is because they have a lot of storage space (on average, 60 GB these days, maybe more). That's a lot of solid state memory, considering that most common flash drives and SD-RAM cards only have 4 GB worth of storage, again, on average. As for the whole freezing thing, yeah, I don't quite get that. I think part of it has to do with sloppy coding of the software.

The one thing that has always discouraged me from getting an iPod is because of it's general instability, as well as the fact that you need to import stuff onto iTunes before you can actually download them to the portable device, to my understanding.

My MP3 player, an old SanDisk Sansa player, is very basic, but at least it's simple. Windows XP comes with standard drivers for it, so it works on almost any XP/Vista based computer. It shows a new "Removable Disk" in the My Computer window, and all you really have to do is drag and drop stuff into the window, and it'll be ready for play when you finish! It only has 1 GB of internal storage, but it has an SD card slot so you can expand it. That also makes it work well as a card reader. I still wouldn't mind something a little more advanced.

For some reason Apple has a way of affecting the very minds of it's consumers. For example, there are some people who are so addicted to their iPod, going 20 minutes without the damn thing would cause them to go insane. I remember in my drama class last year, someone had a fit because their iPod wasn't working. He even went far enough to throw the damn thing across the room. iPods aren't the only things either, Mac computers do a pretty good job at dumbing down the population as well. They're at least next to Hybrid cars when it comes to smug production. I never was the fondest of Apple computers, and I really don't like QuickTime, Apple's proprietary video format. Funny because my digital camera saves stuff in QuickTime format. :P

If I were to get any kind of Apple product, it would probably be an iPod, mainly for it's large storage capacity, and the fact that the newer generations have the ability to play video. That, and you can mod the software with the right tools.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:35 am

I remember I made a whole thread on why I hate iPods, and all Apple Products, mabey I'll look for it.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Chicken_Man

Postby Chicken_Man » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:43 am

what I mean is why would a parent bye a little kid a phone or an ipod it just makes no sence to me. the whole human race is going down the crapper.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:47 am

I have A poll on the iPod's price here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29104&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

(I'm not trying to lure traffic to my thread, but I really think they are overpriced, along with all iProducts.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:58 am

We don't need iPods to help us go down the crapper, thanks.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:25 am

If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:13 am

iSmoke, don't breathe this. :lol:

I love that video. I want one so bad! He blended golf balls with that thing! :shock:
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:19 am

I'm personaly a bit of a technophobe (exept when it comes to video games) I just don't get ipods and super sleek cell phones, I'm not really musical either. (I'm an oddity of this day and age.)
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
suzukichic

Postby suzukichic » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:26 am

That's why i buy warranty...it's amazing acutally.
Myspace is for whores...that's why I have one.
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:35 am

Well, I believe that Apple products are good -if- you know how to work with them. iPods are a pain to work with for me (especially the 3rd generation Nano), but the computer operating system works fine with me.

In fact, I'm saving up some money to get a Mac computer and some graphic design programs compatible with it. There's more variety of music-making software for Mac computers, too...but that's another story.
._.
suzukichic

Postby suzukichic » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:53 am

I guess. But the instructions are pretty simple. I guess it would depend on the person. I had a 4gb nano not the new ones the ones before that and the battery would die on me fast, but we returned it and got the 80gb and it only cost us $60.

But, honestly I prefer mac over microsoft. They are just more efficent for my use.
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:02 am

suzukichic wrote:I guess. But the instructions are pretty simple. I guess it would depend on the person.

But, honestly I prefer mac over microsoft. They are just more efficent for my use.

Too simple, if you ask me. I had to bug all my friends on how to sync music, and now the iPod's screwing around and it won't import any music because of some weird error about not being able to read or write from disk.

:|

As for the computers, the design programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash) work a lot better on the Mac, so I've heard. It'd probably be a decent investment for me, seeing as I want to major in Illustraton or Graphic Design...
._.
suzukichic

Postby suzukichic » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:06 am

True that. I want a labtop the downfall is that its expensive.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”