Country or Rock

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Chicken_Man

Country or Rock

Postby Chicken_Man » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:06 am

are you a country fan or a rock fan.

persanolly im a rock fan. I own a elecrtic guitar which i play im in a meltillcore (screamo) band and my favorite kinds of songs are ones that scream and have super ultra heavy death metle solos lol.

my sister who lives in idaho has always loved countr and i have always hated it. now see always tries to get me to like it which pretty much just pisses me off. no offence to country fans but personally i think country sucks.

she doesnt understand that country is easy to play and pretty much anyone can play it. all i have do to play country music is :

1.grow a mullet
2. wear coboy bbots vests and cowboy hats.
3. out tune the crap out of my guitar and just randomly strum on it without having any fingers of the frets.

well what do you think, reaply with good comments bad comment hate mail, heck send me the finger lol jk
Zubby

Re: Country or Rock

Postby Zubby » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:42 am

Depends on which country and which rock we're talking about.

My tastes in rock run towards old school punk, new wave, prog rock, art rock, non-commercial stuff mostly.

In country I like old stuff (Johnny Cash-Hank Williams, etc.), retro sounding country and alt country/no depression (Robbie Fulks, Uncle Tupelo, most anything on Bloodshot Records).

I can't stand either country or rock radio, and never listen to it. The stuff they play is horible, unlisteneable crap.
Zubby
Chicken_Man

Postby Chicken_Man » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:36 pm

well i love screamo esspishally christian screamo because you dont have to worry about vullgarity. not many people like it but I think its cool. My fav bands are:

1. Underoath
2. As I lay dying
3. Dragonforce
4. Led Zepplin
5. Aerosmith
6. Norma Jean

i like the eagles and lenard skinner which are both a mixture of country and rock.
tanktank

Postby tanktank » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:17 pm

rock rocks

Postby 203177 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:30 am

Rock is the best. :twisted: I like some
country.

Code:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:57 am

Neither; I'm a heavy metal/pop kind of guy myself, favourite bands being the none more complementory Rammstein, Smashing Pumpkins, ABBA and Genesis.

As I HATE traditional rock with a vengance, depending on your definition of traditional rock; I'm talking Rod Stewart and ZZ Top, the kind of things my mum fed me in the womb, here! So I'd say country. But only because it;s the lesser of two evils.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:23 am

"I Wanna Rock!"

The kind of rock I prefer depends on my mood. I could be listening to hard stuff one day, classic the next, or alternative another day, but my personal favorites are bands from the '80s, be they popular or otherwise.

I used to work with someone who likes country. Just can't listen to it that long.
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:10 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:"I Wanna Rock!"

Twisted Sister=Win.

Anyways, I'm a rock fan. I'm into all kinds of rock, except perhaps some of the mainstream/pop rock these days. I lean towards Alternative/Nu-Metal (System of a Down, Disturbed) and the older stuff (Black Sabbath, [old] Metallica, so on, so forth).

I can tolerate a few country songs, but that one song my dad listens to- Don't Cry Joni by Conway Twitty- pisses the crap out of me to the point I want to beat up whoever's closest to me.
._.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:43 pm

(sprints away from teh-lolrus as fast and far as possible)

As far as any ol' type of rock goes, my very favorite has been and always will be Van Halen, regardless of who's doing the singing. Just let the music kick ass and I'll be happy.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:31 am

I absolutly hate country...and I am so unfortunate that almost everybody in school likes either country or christian...I prefer rock, espially Queen, Ac-Dc, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Greenday, The Who, and others. I have only one metalish song and it's Evolution by Korn, maybe I should browse some more for some metal songs...
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Chicken_Man

Postby Chicken_Man » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:37 pm

I love metle Christian metle mostly because it not all wierd and satanic and its also my own religion.

Mette metle metle

I loike like 3 country songs though.

I like Punk rock to, smashing punkins, Meatloaf.

my favorite kinds of music are:

1. screemo
2. classic rock
3. some modern rock (some of it really really sucks.
4. punk
5. alternative (only some)
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:34 pm

I find country kinda annoying. Rock pwns it.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:59 pm

Only country music I've ever really listened too, is on the K-Rose radio station when I used to play GTA: San Andreas.
Eddie Rabbitt - "I Love a Rainy Night" = Top song :lol:

Definitely more of a rock fan though.
MaxwellsSilverHammer

Postby MaxwellsSilverHammer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:15 pm

I'm more of a rock fan than a country fan, always have been.. though I can listen to country if it's not all twangy. (Think Nickel Creek or something like that, more folk than anything.. their music is BEAUTIFUL.) My music taste kind of goes everywhere, though I'm really into indie lately. Been listening to a lot of Sufjan Stevens.. MY GOD, he is incredible. :o

But yeah. Rock > country, in my opinion.
Ich bin über alles.
SoundClick [35 pieces // last update: 07.03.09]
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:55 pm

MaxwellsSilverHammer wrote:Been listening to a lot of Sufjan Stevens.. MY GOD, he is incredible. :o

I need more of his stuff, Max. :P

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”