The Official Election '08 thread

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Cartman's Top Enemy

The Official Election '08 thread

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:33 am

SOMEONE MAKE THIS STICKY!!!

I'm just making a topic for the sake of it for now.

I'm watching the Iowa caucus and, so far, Obama and the Huckster are expected to win.

Mr 9/11 is dead last HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Let's hear from the office of spin, now!
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
Squirrley Squirrel

Re: The Official Election '08 thread

Postby Squirrley Squirrel » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:37 am

First of all, it's not a caucas. It's a cauc-ass. Second, douche and turd sandwich. Need I say more?
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:44 am

* Beavis and Butthead humor*
Last edited by Pip Tweek on Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squirrley Squirrel

Postby Squirrley Squirrel » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:46 am

Pip Tweek wrote:
Squirrley Squirrel wrote:First of all, it's not a caucas. It's a cauc-ass. Second, douche and turd sandwich. Need I say more?

It's a cock-ass. It's all a bunch of political cock-ass.

Pip Tweek, you nailed it!!!!!!!
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:11 am

Squirrley Squirrel wrote:
Pip Tweek wrote:
Squirrley Squirrel wrote:First of all, it's not a caucas. It's a cauc-ass. Second, douche and turd sandwich. Need I say more?

It's a cock-ass. It's all a bunch of political cock-ass.

Pip Tweek, you nailed it!!!!!!!

Say what you will, but politics affect us whether we like it or not. Seriously.

EDIT: It turns out it is in fact Obama and Huckabee.
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:34 am

First, "caucus"
Second, the mods have lost the ability to make threads sticky - only the admins have that ability now.
Third, I have no comment on the candidates yet.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:10 am

Caulk Ass
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:47 pm

Huh, huh, you said cock-ass, huh, huh...

When it gets closer to the election I will make serious comments on this thread.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:06 pm

marvel_freak_42 wrote:
Say what you will, but politics affect us whether we like it or not. Seriously.

Of course it affects us. It's just a question of whether our lives are affected by a giant douche or a turd sandwich.
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:53 pm

Big-Will wrote:First, "caucus"
Second, the mods have lost the ability to make threads sticky - only the admins have that ability now.
Third, I have no comment on the candidates yet.

1. I said caucus, too.
2. Hence my all-encompassing request to SOMEONE, rather than a mod.
3. I haven't picked a horse, either.

Squirrley: Your guy didn't win, did he? :D
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:52 am

I did an Internet test thing, and it said that my vote should be for Obama, with a 75% match on political issues.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:59 am

Amazing how early these races started. Back in 1968, Robert Kennedy first announced his candidacy in January. Now the first actual primary voting occurs in January. At this rate, the Iowa Caucuses will be held a full year before the 2016 election.

Anyway, this election is going to be entertaining for a while. Wouldn't it be great if both parties went in to their respective conventions without knowing who will be on their ticket? Close games are much more interesting to watch and participate in. Here's hoping.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:22 am

Sadly, we may live to see the next Presidential election start the day after the last Presidential election ends.

I'm getting kinda sick and tired of states pushing and pushing their primaries and caucuses earlier and earlier every election. Some were thinking for December--Christ, everyone is in Xmas mode then, so how stupid would THAT be?! It's bad enough that this Presidential Election is lasting too long already and worse that this one started back in January and still has another year to go. I envy the countries that spend a month or two picking their leaders and I wish we could, but that's not gonna happen.

I proposed this as a plan for a proper, sound and somewhat quick process for picking a President:

January 2 or first Monday after that of the election year: Announcements begin If you're going to run for President, don't talk; don't whisper; don't speculate; don't set up a committee to explore; don't even blink, belch or fart in Morse code that you want to run until that day. After that, do all of the exploring, announcing and fund raising you want for the next six to seven weeks.

Last Tuesday of February: Begin active campaigning Start campaigning in ALL of the states. If you want the job that bad, bust your ass and commit yourself by going all over the country for the next five months. Even Alaska--in he dead of winter! The candidate with the most toes gone from frostbite gets my vote :D

Last Tuesday of June: Primary day: Toss out caucuses altogether and have ALL the parties in ALL of the states vote for their candidate. The most votes gets the nomination--period. Screw the conventions and delegates; they're extravagant, outdated and serve little purpose other than to tie up traffic in the city it's being held for a week. This also gives the party candidates more time to campaign.

First Tuesday in November, Go vote!: If we still want a electoral college--and why would you?--do it the next day or two and get it over with.

Comments (as tho I need to ask)? :D

BTW, just to keep tabs, Romney won the GOP primary in Wyoming, like that was important or something. My cousins in NH have a shot tomorrow.
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:33 pm

Just a few headlines to keep this active:

Richardson ending campaign for Democratic presidential nomination

I guess there wasn't enough "change" there.

Fred Thompson To Make His Stand In S.C.

It looks like the "sit on your ass and don't do sh*t" campaign style isn't working. I can't vote for a guy who sorta reminds me of Joe Don Baker.

Bomb threat snags Giul911ani campaign stop in Florida

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! My $ says one of his people, straight for the office of "spin", called it in. I got the perfect symbol for the Giul911ani camp: the plunger!

[url=2004 Dem nominee Kerry endorses Obama]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080110/ap_on_el_pr/obama_kerry;_ylt=AiNB7XSCTI.bY_pbhknw.cOyFz4D[/url]

He doomed--DOOOOOMED, I tell ya!!!!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:41 pm

Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:Last Tuesday of June: Primary day: Toss out caucuses altogether and have ALL the parties in ALL of the states vote for their candidate. The most votes gets the nomination--period. Screw the conventions and delegates; they're extravagant, outdated and serve little purpose other than to tie up traffic in the city it's being held for a week. This also gives the party candidates more time to campaign.

If all the state's primaries were held on the same day though, no one would bother campaigning in half the states. Everyone would focus their attention on the big states. CA, TX, FL, NY, IL, MI, OH, PA, NJ & GA; 10 states; would essentially pick the nominees.

But the primary schedule should be condensed. How about this:
We have five weeks in late spring/early summer for primaries. The first week, the 10 least populous states vote; the next ten vote week 2 and so on until we wrap it up in week five with the 10 states I mentioned as most populous.

This gives the small, depopulated states a chance to matter.

But you've got a great point about the party conventions. (Poor Minneapolis will be overrun with Republicans and they're currently missing a key piece of infrastructure.) It's not like they don't know who their nominee is going to be before the conventions. And the nominee picks his running mate so what exactly are they doing at these now?

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”