The Official Election '08 thread

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Just_Jackie

Re: The Official Election '08 thread

Postby Just_Jackie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:22 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:On gay marriage, yes, they need to keep their hands off MARRIAGE... But, I think that they need to just make all governmental and legal marriages be changed to civil unions, and leave marriages to the church alone, and make them have no legal status... If you want the "legal" aspect of marriage, get a civil union. :)

Point very well taken.

Since the church is a private organization I believe they should have the right to deny their services to anyone. But if two atheists can go around the church to get married, homosexuals should as well. I mean, the government shouldn't be able to deny it's services to anyone. If homosexuals were denied food stamps, student loans or any other government service due to their sexual preference it'd be a lawsuit. I don't understand how this is any different.
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:27 pm

Enough about Falafel Boy--anyone watch Olbermann?
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:39 pm

Hell Yah!!! LOL.

Olberman is the Sh*t, in a good way :D

WORST PERSON IN THE WOOOOORRRLLLLLDDDD!! :lol: :lol:
Bushed!!
and finally Oddballs hee hee!!
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:58 pm

I found McCain's running mate pick to be a little curious. He's been harping on Obama for months about his "lack of experience" and then he turns around and picks a first term governor no one has ever heard of south of 50 degrees north latitude.

Just making sure I've got this right, Senator. You claim your opponent the lacks experience to be president but you picked about the least experienced person you could for a running mate? (BTW, happy 72nd birthday, Senator.)

Thanks for undermining your own argument against your opponent for him. That was awfully nice of you.

To me personally, the whole question of experience isn't nearly as important as judgment and leadership. That's what I'm voting on.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:37 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:I found McCain's running mate pick to be a little curious. He's been harping on Obama for months about his "lack of experience" and then he turns around and picks a first term governor no one has ever heard of south of 50 degrees north latitude.

Just making sure I've got this right, Senator. You claim your opponent the lacks experience to be president but you picked about the least experienced person you could for a running mate? (BTW, happy 72nd birthday, Senator.)

You're expecting McCain to die and Palin to be president right off the bat? 'Cause VPs don't do much compared to presidents.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:07 pm

Big-Will wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:I found McCain's running mate pick to be a little curious. He's been harping on Obama for months about his "lack of experience" and then he turns around and picks a first term governor no one has ever heard of south of 50 degrees north latitude.

You're expecting McCain to die and Palin to be president right off the bat? 'Cause VPs don't do much compared to presidents.

I think that's what he's hoping for. :cartmanlaugh:
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:27 pm

Just_Jackie wrote:
Big-Will wrote:

I think that's what he's hoping for. :cartmanlaugh:

Not me.... :shock:

Even if you HATE the political right, it is even MORE stupid to WANT something bad to happen just to prove your point....
Last edited by gtaca2005 on Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
CaptainCameron

Postby CaptainCameron » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:47 am

I like both McCain and Obama, so it did come down to the VP pick...

Obama wins by three miles now. :lol:
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:07 pm

The VP debate, I hope, will be all of 30 seconds--enough time for Biden to rip off her head and sh*t down her neck.

I wasn't wowed by her littel scripted performance--I want to see how she handlles herself with the press, something she hasn't done yet.
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:50 pm

Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:The VP debate, I hope, will be all of 30 seconds--enough time for Biden to rip off her head and sh*t down her neck.

I wasn't wowed by her littel scripted performance--I want to see how she handlles herself with the press, something she hasn't done yet.

Oh yea. The governor of a US state has zero experience in dealing with the press. :?

Oh yea, and Sarah Palin is the ONLY political candidate to give a speech that was scripted. That's a good reason to judge a candidate as bad...for doing what ALL candidates do. Yea...right....
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:55 pm

Just_Jackie wrote:I think that's what he's hoping for. :cartmanlaugh:

Heh, good one.

Can you imagine actually thinking like that? "I hate candidate X's tax plan so much, I wish he'd die!" Woah there, hoss, talk about overkill.

Anyway, the point of what I said was simply this. The point of a vice president is to have another qualified individual ready to take the helm should the worst come to pass. So the running mate should be someone who could be President.

Obama and Palin are both relative newcomers to politics yet somehow, one of them is "under-qualified" but the other is just the person for the job? In reality, that's not true at all, but that's the message we're getting from the McCain campaign.

I am not making a claim that Gov. Palin isn't a qualified candidate, I'm simply pointing out that no one can claim that one ticket is less qualified than the other. Anyone who does is full of sh*t.

My personal judgment of Palin is based on her politics. That's all. I don't care how many kids she has; I don't care what city she was mayor of; I don't care that she looks exactly like Tina Fey.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:21 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:
Just_Jackie wrote:I think that's what he's hoping for. :cartmanlaugh:

Heh, good one.

Can you imagine actually thinking like that? "I hate candidate X's tax plan so much, I wish he'd die!" Woah there, hoss, talk about overkill.

Some people do think that way. Did you hear what some of the people at the Daily Kos and The Huffington Post said about Tony Snow when he died?

And I'm not voting for McCain/Palin either. I'm not putting someone in office who is going to try to overturn Roe v Wade and eliminate even civil unions. I prefer rights been protected not taken away.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:29 pm

triplemultiplex wrote: I don't care that she looks exactly like Tina Fey.

Who better to offset the old, unhip, authoritarian figure of McCain than someone who appeals visually to typically college-aged leftist nerds?
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:32 am

triplemultiplex wrote:Obama and Palin are both relative newcomers to politics yet somehow, one of them is "under-qualified" but the other is just the person for the job? In reality, that's not true at all, but that's the message we're getting from the McCain campaign.

I am not making a claim that Gov. Palin isn't a qualified candidate, I'm simply pointing out that no one can claim that one ticket is less qualified than the other. Anyone who does is full of sh*t.

I agree that "experience" should be left out of attacks on Palin and Obama, AT LEAST when comparing them to each other. BUT, here is something you should know about Alaska...
Alaska has less people than my metro city area, and less people than San Fransisco alone. It only has about 670,000 people. So I am getting mad at the Republicans saying "She was the Governor of a very large state..." Yes, large in SIZE! Don't use that statement... The mayor of San Fransisco had an impact on more people than she did. AGAIN! I am not using experience against her, she has some, ok? I'm just saying that the Republicans are blowing her experience WAY out of proportion....
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:25 am

In the interest of being fair, if you want to minimize Palin's expierence, even if it was/is blown "out of proportion" she still has more executive branch experience than Obama does.

And if you want to talk about political partys blowing stuff out of proportion, how about Bob Kaine trying to give Barack Obama credit for the Russian/Georgian ceasefire.

http://www.aim.org/don-irvine-blog/kain ... ceasefire/

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”