Americans are NOT stupid - discuss!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

silke666
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:32 am

Re: Americans are NOT stupid - discuss!

Postby silke666 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:59 am

gtaca2005 wrote:I'm not bragging (I hate braggers, thats why the world hates us.), but we can't be that stupid if we are the worlds biggest influence. That would be bad for the rest of the world.

(For good, or for bad, America does have the biggest influence on the world.)


being the worlds biggest influence doesn't make you smart. it doesn't proove anything!
it's a shame that america has the biggest influence. it only leads to megalomania!
which then leads to other stupid consequences
eatmydeaduterus
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:12 pm

Re: Americans are NOT stupid - discuss!

Postby eatmydeaduterus » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:17 am

Sorry to bump an old thread but I frigging LOVE LOVE LOVE the Chaser team (who did CNNNN where the original clip came from). They're the nutters who pretended to be Canadian and drove through all the security at the APEC meeting last year in Australia, with one of them dressed as Bin Laden. There are stupid people everywhere, and if you watch the whole series of cnnnn or chaser then you'd see they make fun of stupid australians too. (They also pretend to hunt down Japanese tourists and harpoon them, and one of them walks into the Chinese embassy and asks them to pay for the bullet that he wants to shoot their prime minister with, so they don't just go after americans.)
Some funny clips: Their Bono parady (inkeeping with more crap) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXlPU0TWMds

Emo washing powder http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC1aJEdaD_Q

Trying to get kicked out of more corporate offices than Michael Moore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26_u1c3hKWQ

UN peacekeepers (a bit NSFW at the end) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pmpKM3lgaU

Aah fuckit, just buy the second season. It's dead funny.
germanguyII
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:25 am

Re: Americans are NOT stupid - discuss!

Postby germanguyII » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:50 am

silke666 wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:I'm not bragging (I hate braggers, thats why the world hates us.), but we can't be that stupid if we are the worlds biggest influence. That would be bad for the rest of the world.

(For good, or for bad, America does have the biggest influence on the world.)


Well, perhaps it DOES surprise you, but the USA isn't the biggest influence to the world anymore. My strong suggestion: Just read foreign newspapers and watch overseas TV and LEARN!!! Excuse my question, but has it ever been? Today China, the EU and Russia are FAR more important than the USA. Be so kind and take a look at the Dollar. See? With the 100% upcoming of the insignificance of the Dollar there will be NOTHING left that is with any significance coming from the US. Germany is the biggest export country in the world, followed by China. India is coming up after 2015...I strongly believe that the USA will be even less important than Russia at 2020: Russia has the largest deposits of commodities in the world: gas, oil, gold, platinum, diamonds are in the ground - enough for the next 70 years. And the US? It is the state of Saudi Arabia that helds the USA up. But what will happen, if there is no oil left in the ground there? By the way: Imagine China with its 1,3 billion people as a MARKET in 2020: the economic income will totally nihilate the USA - and perhaps the rest of the world after 2030. And that ist not too far away. So what will will be left of the USA? A country like France - but without the culture. A country like Britian - but without the humor. A country like Germany, but without the quality of the products and the export rates, a country like Japan, but without any education in the people. I guess the USA will drift into insignificance and rank between some middle sized Asian and European states. By the way: What is bad about that idea?

So, this point of view is shared by the majority of the economists in the world - and a lot of scientific / political researchers. Deal with it and learn to live with it. Nothing will stop China and India. Nothing will stop Russia. And what about the upcoming Arabic Union and the 10 trillion (!!!) dollars in cash they will earn with the "peak oil"? They will buy themselfes into any company the USA can offer - like they did already (know the citigroup?).

And to the point of "Stupid":

Compared to the AVERAGE European / Asian country the average US-Citizen ranks at the lowest 10% in education. Sorry about that.
But you still have the best Universities (that are mostly filled with people from foreign countries by the way...).


And to be honest: I LOVE the USA, I love the freedom, the way of life and the optimism there.

Which does NOT collide with my words above...
Raycore
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:30 pm

Re: Americans are NOT stupid - discuss!

Postby Raycore » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:57 pm

The general Idea of stupid americans comes from the way the media portrays them.
Television is the only way most people get to see americans and most of the viewers are either too stupid or too ignorant to realise that they are watching caricatures of americans.

I know that americans are a race of people who have stupid as well as smart people, but the rest of the world only get to see the t.v portrayal of you guys and the majority of people still believe everything they see on t.v.

(im sorry for my spelling, im dyslexic)
Keejit
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:54 pm

Re: Americans are NOT stupid - discuss!

Postby Keejit » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:22 pm

Quick tip for anyone posting here - especially you Americans!- READ the previous posts before posting.

This is in keeping the whole concept of a THREAD; the discussion follows an actually thread of comments, opinions, etc - geddit?

Therefore, if you decide to post a comment this will acutally help you look/sound less stupid - you won't repeat the exact same argument someone else has already expressed.

So... it's the media's fault, eh? Is that the liberal media??? :lol:

Many, many Americans travel all over the world every year and can be observed being stupid, or not, in real life. That has nothing to do with the media. Also many, many people travel to the US very year & Amercians can be observed being stupid, or not, in their natural habitat, so to speak.
termsofuse
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:57 pm

Re: Americans are NOT stupid - discuss!

Postby termsofuse » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:58 pm

^
I love this thread!!!

There is no American race. There is American culture and it is opposed to learning!!

We do not like to read and, when we do read, we skip whole paragraphs and avoid words we do not understand. We also hate to write and we really, really hate to spell words properly; even if the computer makes that task easy.

Keejit – please take pity on us and understand that it is a cultural shortcoming.
buttersandikerule
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:26 am

Re: Americans are NOT stupid - discuss!

Postby buttersandikerule » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:30 am

termsofuse wrote:^
I love this thread!!!

There is no American race. There is American culture and it is opposed to learning!!

We do not like to read and, when we do read, we skip whole paragraphs and avoid words we do not understand. We also hate to write and we really, really hate to spell words properly; even if the computer makes that task easy.

Keejit – please take pity on us and understand that it is a cultural shortcoming.


I totaly agree with termsofuse, except that not all Americans hate reading and writing.

I'm an Amercian and I have some friends that are american, they're brillant! :craig:
Buttersandikerule
marvel_freak_42 wrote: I feel like a assh*le today so you die.

Professer Chaos: Where I go destruction will follow!
Muahahahahah
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: Americans are NOT stupid - discuss!

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:03 am

Termsofuse, your generalizations are laughable. I don't know one person who doesn't like to read. Just because the people you know and the people you decide to associate with sound like complete idiots it doesn't make the rest of us idiots.

@Keejit- I met a German tourist when I was New York. He said five plus five was eleven. I guess because my dad went to Germany and said that the Germans he spoke to were also poor in math we can now say that Germans are bad at math, right? Or how about the majority of Frenchman my aunt met and their rudeness, I guess now we can say all Frenchman are rude? The rudeness of the French has also been witnessed and experienced by many Americans in both France and here, so that holds as much water as this topic. I'm starting to get pissed, because a thread like this will always devolve into "LOL AMERIKA IS TEH STOOPID" regardless of what the OP claims. I wonder why a thread like this exists. later tonight, when all the kiddies are in bed, I will make at least two dozen topics that have as much basis in fact. These will include, but will not be limited too, "The Irish are NOT all hopeless alcholics- discuss!", "The French are NOT all arrogant snobs- discuss!", "Muslims are NOT all evil lunatics- discuss!"

There are stupid people E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E. Yet again, some of the dumbest things I have EVER heard have come from foreigners. I know a Dutch kid who thought that Marie Antoinette was a French Queen in WWII. An Australian I knew thought that a parachute was bullet proof. The list of stupid people I've talked to that are from foreign countries is quite large, but I'm not using my own personal experiences(or those of my entire family) to shade a country's people. Maybe that closemindedness is what is being taught in other places, but I was brought up to be a tad more open minded than that.

Quick tip for anyone replying to me - especially you foreigners!- UNDERSTAND that threads like these are made to eventually crumble down into either flamewars or anti-americanism. I chose the flamewar route, as almost ceaseless cowardly sniping online is starting to really piss me off.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
teh-lolrus
Posts: 593
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:22 am

Re: Americans are NOT stupid - discuss!

Postby teh-lolrus » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:14 am

termsofuse wrote:^
I love this thread!!!

There is no American race. There is American culture and it is opposed to learning!!

We do not like to read and, when we do read, we skip whole paragraphs and avoid words we do not understand. We also hate to write and we really, really hate to spell words properly; even if the computer makes that task easy.

Keejit – please take pity on us and understand that it is a cultural shortcoming.


I agree to a point, but I think it all depends on whether you want to look like an ass in writing. I blame the advocation of shorthand laziness on TV and just about everywhere else. I dunno; I'm against shorthand speaking in general. It's just too bad that it's encouraged by so many people and sources these days.
._.
Ashlyn
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:55 am

Re: Americans are NOT stupid - discuss!

Postby Ashlyn » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:13 am

silke666 wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:I'm not bragging (I hate braggers, thats why the world hates us.), but we can't be that stupid if we are the worlds biggest influence. That would be bad for the rest of the world.

(For good, or for bad, America does have the biggest influence on the world.)


being the worlds biggest influence doesn't make you smart. it doesn't proove anything!
it's a shame that america has the biggest influence. it only leads to megalomania!
which then leads to other stupid consequences

Agreed.
buttersandikerule
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:26 am

Re: Americans are NOT stupid - discuss!

Postby buttersandikerule » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:15 am

Not all Americans are stupid! That's STEREOTYPING! :x Sterotyping [in my opinion] is very, very, wrong. :zombiekenny: :chaos: :craig:
Buttersandikerule
marvel_freak_42 wrote: I feel like a assh*le today so you die.

Professer Chaos: Where I go destruction will follow!
Muahahahahah
termsofuse
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:57 pm

Re: Americans are NOT stupid - discuss!

Postby termsofuse » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:47 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:Termsofuse, your generalizations are laughable. I don't know one person who doesn't like to read. Just because the people you know and the people you decide to associate with sound like complete idiots it doesn't make the rest of us idiots.

@Keejit- I met a German tourist when I was New York. He said five plus five was eleven. I guess because my dad went to Germany and said that the Germans he spoke to were also poor in math we can now say that Germans are bad at math, right? Or how about the majority of Frenchman my aunt met and their rudeness, I guess now we can say all Frenchman are rude? The rudeness of the French has also been witnessed and experienced by many Americans in both France and here, so that holds as much water as this topic. I'm starting to get pissed, because a thread like this will always devolve into "LOL AMERIKA IS TEH STOOPID" regardless of what the OP claims. I wonder why a thread like this exists. later tonight, when all the kiddies are in bed, I will make at least two dozen topics that have as much basis in fact. These will include, but will not be limited too, "The Irish are NOT all hopeless alcholics- discuss!", "The French are NOT all arrogant snobs- discuss!", "Muslims are NOT all evil lunatics- discuss!"

There are stupid people E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E. Yet again, some of the dumbest things I have EVER heard have come from foreigners. I know a Dutch kid who thought that Marie Antoinette was a French Queen in WWII. An Australian I knew thought that a parachute was bullet proof. The list of stupid people I've talked to that are from foreign countries is quite large, but I'm not using my own personal experiences(or those of my entire family) to shade a country's people. Maybe that closemindedness is what is being taught in other places, but I was brought up to be a tad more open minded than that.

Quick tip for anyone replying to me - especially you foreigners!- UNDERSTAND that threads like these are made to eventually crumble down into either flamewars or anti-americanism. I chose the flamewar route, as almost ceaseless cowardly sniping online is starting to really piss me off.


Right! Exactly! I rest my case!!! Thanks for your help. I was hoping someone would provide another good example. :assface:

This is not about you Shane-0. You don’t know me or anyone I associate with but you take this thread personally and attack me and my friends…

Get over yourself, we are all having fun here…except you. Why is that??
airmancoop44
Posts: 5580
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:59 pm

Re: Americans are NOT stupid - discuss!

Postby airmancoop44 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:46 am

Didn't read any of this, and I'm not going to. I'm American, and I run into plenty of stupid people on a daily basis... I'm sure it's like this everywhere but damn, when I say stupid I mean it.
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18927
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: Americans are NOT stupid - discuss!

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:15 am

This thread needs more Jaywalking, less serious talking.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Keejit
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:54 pm

Re: Americans are NOT stupid - discuss!

Postby Keejit » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:13 pm

termsofuse wrote:
This is not about you Shane-0. You don’t know me or anyone I associate with but you take this thread personally and attack me and my friends…
Get over yourself, we are all having fun here…except you. Why is that??

I think I may be in love with you! Anyway yer damn kewl. 8)

EDIT:
I just opened & read this patronising message from ShaneH - do not PM me again.
ShaneHaughey wrote:What was the point of this topic in the first place? You must of known it was going to come to this. So sad. I had such high hopes for you, always bringing us interesting news tidbits. But, sadly, it turns out that you are little more than an internet sniper.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests