Moderator: Big-Will

RideTheLightning

Re: where are you from?

Postby RideTheLightning » Sun May 03, 2009 1:25 am

A pimp ass town in MA.
RJMC

Postby RJMC » Sun May 03, 2009 1:52 am

From The armpit of the nation, not really its just cold up here, Superior Wi. right across the bridge from Duluth Mn.

compact refrigerator
dominice34

Postby dominice34 » Sun May 03, 2009 6:27 am

From my mother's womb...
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sun May 03, 2009 6:58 am

Southbridge, VA. It's so small, I can barely breathe. It has all the crime of DC(and TRAFFIC!), without the happiness. In summer, it's hot as hell. It never snows in winter. There are big, scary storms in Spring. Fall is the only season here that doesn't suck. All my friends moved away years ago. WHY CAN'T I COME WITH?!
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun May 03, 2009 7:03 am

"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sun May 03, 2009 7:05 am

Describe it, dammit. :P
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun May 03, 2009 7:08 am

Man, oh man....

I'll just copy and paste something I said about it before:

Apparently, Stockton is the "Most Miserable" city in the U.S.

" No. 1 Stockton, Calif.

Only 15% of Stockton adults have a college degree, which is one of the lowest rates in the U.S. Unemployment is expected to hit 15% in 2010, while housing prices should keep falling back to their mid-1990s level when the median home price was $130,000.

Stockton ranks in the bottom seven in four of the nine categories we looked at: commute times, income tax rates, unemployment and violent crime. Only New York City has a higher income tax rate than what Stockton, and all California residents, are forced to pay.

Stockton was ground zero for the housing boom and now the subsequent bust. Home prices more than tripled between 1998 and 2005 and then came crashing down last year. Stockton had the country's highest foreclosure rate last year at 9.5%, according to RealtyTrac, an online marketer of foreclosed property. Things are not looking much brighter in 2009 as housing prices are expected to fall another 36% on the heels of a 39% drop in 2008. Also, unemployment is expected to jump to 13.3% from 10.4%, according to economic research firm Moody's Economy.com.

"We are engaging the entire community and encouraging everyone to get involved and help us find solutions that meet the needs of our community," says Stockton Mayor Ann Johnston. "Volunteerism is encouraged, looking out for your neighbor, and taking personal responsibility where individuals can make a difference. We are partnering with all community organizations--schools, churches, non-profits-- to provide support services and help individuals and families get through these difficult times."
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun May 03, 2009 7:11 am

....he put it down, didn't he?
*puts on a slight southern drawl*
I come from Indianer, in the Southerun part of it. We gots some coorn and farms. Ya can say we are a buncha hicks down hyah. Now don't get me wrong, we don't gennerally talk like this, but I do so because it's fun....

Damnit, I should have thought of putting a fake accent when I called Mike XD.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sun May 03, 2009 7:13 am

But you forgot. :(
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun May 03, 2009 7:13 am

I grew up in this house, although it used to be green:
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sun May 03, 2009 10:57 am

Stockton was ground zero for the housing boom and now the subsequent bust

So you guys caused the entire economic crisis, man that's a crime that doesn't bare thinking about :P

For dovercourt, my actual home-town, crime rates are as follows;
4.3 burglaries per 1000 people
0.3 robberies per 1000 people
1.3 vehicle crimes per 1000 people
4.7 violent crimes per 1000 people
25 antisocial behaviours per 1000 people
Overall the avarage number of crimes is 25.3, a 40% increase over last years 19.3 crimes per 1000 people

In my 'spiritual home' of frinton where i go to skewl and such, the crime rates are as follows;
0.7 burglaries per 1000 people
0.0 robberies per 1000 people
1.7 vehicle crimes per 1000 people
1.7 violent crimes per 1000 people
7 antisocial behaviours per 1000 people
Overall the avarage number of crimes is 8, a 4% decrease over last years 8.3 crimes per 1000 people

The village i used to grow up in which i thought was a much rougher area than this place has a crime rate of 3.7 per 1000 shows how wrong i was (2 burglary, 0 robbery, 1 vehicle crime, 1 violent crime, 1antisocial behavior).
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
bmxride2828

Postby bmxride2828 » Sun May 03, 2009 12:30 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:Image

Haha you're not that far away from me. I'm from South Sac. Damn near Elk Grove. As my sig says of course.

gtaca2005 wrote:Apparently, Stockton is the "Most Miserable" city in the U.S.

" No. 1 Stockton, Calif.

Only 15% of Stockton adults have a college degree, which is one of the lowest rates in the U.S. Unemployment is expected to hit 15% in 2010, while housing prices should keep falling back to their mid-1990s level when the median home price was $130,000.

Stockton ranks in the bottom seven in four of the nine categories we looked at: commute times, income tax rates, unemployment and violent crime. Only New York City has a higher income tax rate than what Stockton, and all California residents, are forced to pay.

Stockton was ground zero for the housing boom and now the subsequent bust. Home prices more than tripled between 1998 and 2005 and then came crashing down last year. Stockton had the country's highest foreclosure rate last year at 9.5%, according to RealtyTrac, an online marketer of foreclosed property. Things are not looking much brighter in 2009 as housing prices are expected to fall another 36% on the heels of a 39% drop in 2008. Also, unemployment is expected to jump to 13.3% from 10.4%, according to economic research firm Moody's Economy.com.

"We are engaging the entire community and encouraging everyone to get involved and help us find solutions that meet the needs of our community," says Stockton Mayor Ann Johnston. "Volunteerism is encouraged, looking out for your neighbor, and taking personal responsibility where individuals can make a difference. We are partnering with all community organizations--schools, churches, non-profits-- to provide support services and help individuals and families get through these difficult times."
And FYI Sac ain't much better than that.
I just want an erection so that I can give it to my mom.
-Kyle Broflovski, "Spontaneous Combustion"
ned15

Postby ned15 » Sun May 03, 2009 2:51 pm

RideTheLightning wrote:A pimp ass town in MA.

hey, you mentioned walpole before. do you actually live there? because if you do i'm headed up there next weekend.
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun May 03, 2009 10:05 pm

bmxride2828 wrote:
gtaca2005 wrote:Image

Haha you're not that far away from me. I'm from South Sac. Damn near Elk Grove. As my sig says of course.

gtaca2005 wrote:Apparently, Stockton is the "Most Miserable" city in the U.S.

" No. 1 Stockton, Calif.

And FYI Sac ain't much better than that.

Yep, here's our neighborhood!:

We get the same TV and Radio stations. :mrgreen:

Sometimes, Mark S. Allen pisses me off.....
--------------------------------------

The village i used to grow up in which i thought was a much rougher area than this place has a crime rate of 3.7 per 1000

DAMN!!!!

In 2006, Stockton's was 7.55 per 1000.
foufoutom

Postby foufoutom » Sun May 03, 2009 10:47 pm

Unlike most of you, I am not from the States. I am from France but I currently live in the Andalusia, in the South of Spain. That's a very beautiful city :)

Thomas

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”