What is it you look for in a girlfriend/boyfriend?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: What is it you look for in a girlfriend/boyfriend?

Postby Big-Will » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:50 pm

payomagetotheballs wrote:not to be mean but wtf why is this on the southparkstudios message boards??? this has nothing to do with southpark.

Well, this IS the off-topic discussion forum, which is here just in case we mods find off-topic threads in South Park-related forums like Episode Discussion or General South Park Discussion; we just move those threads here.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:53 pm

Off topic is the place to go for flamewars and trolling... because all the debates are confined here... not that I condone that kind of thing :)
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:57 am

...Another two pages of arguing? Ugh. I'll just leave my opinions and watch from the sidelines while everyone else has at it.

The 'Hiding Something' theory mentioned earlier-

For all I care, my boyfriend could be hiding something from me and I probably wouldn't give two sh*ts unless it was hurting him (like doing meth or something crazy like that). If he was just using me as a 'beard', okay. It wouldn't be very cool, but it's not the end of the world. I can live with that. Y'see...we don't know if we're going to be together for ages- we're not clairvoyant. Life will just go on, even if we don't stay together.

Sure, I wouldn't be very happy if he was just using me, but what matters to me right now is that his feelings about me are true and real. All I care for right now is that he actually cares about me, keeps me sane, and convinces me not to kill myself when my depression flares up. What matters to me now is the emotional support, caring, and affection.

Pity Dating-

It's kind of...I dunno. It doesn't work out in my ideal world. I mean, it's nice to show that you feel for someone, but when you start dating them just because you feel bad for them, it probably won't work out. I see a real boyfriend/girlfriend relationship as being based on the fact that both parties like each other for real.

As Hatman said, it is possible to care about someone without pitying them. I can attest to that through my boyfriend- he wasn't all 'Awww, poor you. Here, I'll date you to make you feel better' when I was depressed. If he was doing that, he would've probably dumped me after I got better. What he did, though, was- 'I'm here for you if you need me, but it's not because no one else wants to deal with you. I like you for real'.

*I'm not trying to get defensive here or start any more arguements and drama. I'm just trying to express my opinion.
._.
suzukichic

Postby suzukichic » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:14 am

If he can make me laugh uncontrolablly.
Myspace is for whores...that's why I have one.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:31 am

Well, AYM, I hope you did learn something from that experience. You say the more you got to know of your ex the less there was of her to know. Sometimes when I girl is very attractive, she doesn't have much going on in her head except for how to stay attractive, and how to fit into whatever little clique she is a part of. I know that is very stereotypical of me to say, but girls who spend alot of time on their appearance and on getting guys to notice them don't often have many other interests.Or at least not interests that someone who is into the same books and such you are into would find compelling.

Teh Lorus, I think you have the right attitude. Too many people get it in their heads that if someone they are in a relationship with dumps them or was only using them for some reason, that their life is over. You are right, that kind of thing sucks but it isn't the end of the world. People need to realize that they can go on after something like that, and maybe better things will come into their lives. I think things will get much better for you when you are older, and no matter what happens with you and your boyfriend it is good that you have someone now who is there for you.

I could have dated someone out of pity in the past if I wanted to. This guy I was friends with in community college. He would always complain to me about all his mental issues and about how girls didn't like him,and his social anxiety and a bunch of other sh*t.He even hostpitalized himself 3 times because he was feeling like cutting his own wrists. I think some of what he said about that wasn't entirely true. I did feel sorry for him, but I wasn't attracted to him,and he did have the tendency to talk to me in a condesending way. He thought I was stupid over some petty sh*t, and I think he was making his problems sound worse than they were so he could manipulate me into f*cking him..It didn't f*cking work. And it is not going to work on the other girls he tries that crap on, now that I want nothing to do with him. Kyle The Skeptic reminded me so much of this guy, so it is no wonder I couldn't stand him either.
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:09 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:I know that is very stereotypical of me to say, but girls who spend alot of time on their appearance and on getting guys to notice them don't often have many other interests.Or at least not interests that someone who is into the same books and such you are into would find compelling.

Teh Lorus, I think you have the right attitude. Too many people get it in their heads that if someone they are in a relationship with dumps them or was only using them for some reason, that their life is over. You are right, that kind of thing sucks but it isn't the end of the world. People need to realize that they can go on after something like that, and maybe better things will come into their lives. I think things will get much better for you when you are older, and no matter what happens with you and your boyfriend it is good that you have someone now who is there for you.

The first part isn't just a stereotype- it's f*cking rampant (at least, where I live). It's stupid, really...but that's another rant for another time.

Eh...my attitude? I dunno. It's strange to a lot of other people I talk to at my school...

That guy was just attention-whoring. I'm glad you didn't fall for his crap.
._.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”