Family Guy rant

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Cartmanfan941

Re: Family Guy rant

Postby Cartmanfan941 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:45 am

ok ive watched fg and it is pretty funny now back n the day it was nothing but "remember the time" but now it has matured into a decent show NOTHING like southpark im not sure but has fg won an emmy i dont think they have but if im wrong oh well they dont have a movie (and dont even freaking think of calling the stewie griffen movie a real movie come on its only 3 f*cking episodes put together) south park does have a movie and it freaking hilarious so all in all for those saying fg is better than sp plz think again plus if u do think that y are u at this website again???
Kensuke

Postby Kensuke » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:06 pm

I am a huge fan of South Park from 1997 to 2005. That's why I'm on this website. Family Guy is better than new South Park. I'll admit Family Guy is going downhill, but I think South Park is too. The reason I liked South Park was because it was about four boys who acted like kids, like on the episode 'Proper condom use' It was funny how confused they all were about everything, nowadays they completely changed things up and it's not as funny anymore. Most new episodes I get about one or two chuckles out of it and that's it. Family Guy may not be the smartest written comedy, but it makes me laugh, laugh more than the new South Park does for me.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:52 pm

Kensuke wrote:I am a huge fan of South Park from 1997 to 2005. That's why I'm on this website. Family Guy is better than new South Park. I'll admit Family Guy is going downhill, but I think South Park is too. The reason I liked South Park was because it was about four boys who acted like kids, like on the episode 'Proper condom use' It was funny how confused they all were about everything, nowadays they completely changed things up and it's not as funny anymore. Most new episodes I get about one or two chuckles out of it and that's it. Family Guy may not be the smartest written comedy, but it makes me laugh, laugh more than the new South Park does for me.

i disagree about south park
episodes of the kids just being kids are cool, but i also really like the other ones that have a deeper plot and dialogue and when they have big stuff like scientology, 9/11 or aids, the jokes and criticism they make about these subjects is always fun to watch i think
but in case you didnt see the 7th episode of season 12 it was pretty much what you are describing, kids being kids, so you might like that one, they still do those episodes every now and then
Kensuke

Postby Kensuke » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:03 pm

jewish pride wrote:
Kensuke wrote:I am a huge fan of South Park from 1997 to 2005. That's why I'm on this website. Family Guy is better than new South Park. I'll admit Family Guy is going downhill, but I think South Park is too. The reason I liked South Park was because it was about four boys who acted like kids, like on the episode 'Proper condom use' It was funny how confused they all were about everything, nowadays they completely changed things up and it's not as funny anymore. Most new episodes I get about one or two chuckles out of it and that's it. Family Guy may not be the smartest written comedy, but it makes me laugh, laugh more than the new South Park does for me.

i disagree about south park
episodes of the kids just being kids are cool, but i also really like the other ones that have a deeper plot and dialogue and when they have big stuff like scientology, 9/11 or aids, the jokes and criticism they make about these subjects is always fun to watch i think
but in case you didnt see the 7th episode of season 12 it was pretty much what you are describing, kids being kids, so you might like that one, they still do those episodes every now and then

Yeah I did see episode 7 season 12. That episode was okay, but they aren't really acting like kids, they were being treated like kids, with the whole 'buddy system' thing. South Park was originally made because Matt and Tery wanted to show how kids really act, now it's all pop-culture and parodies and they're way smarter than the average 9-year-old and I find that dumb and disappointing.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Stay Frosty

Postby Stay Frosty » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:26 am

I personnaly feel that Family Guy is a great show, i mean its a show, it shouldnt have to be really realistic. The characters are great, and so are many of the plots. The plots would be dumb in other shows, but for Family Guy, it works.

As for South Park, i dont ever remember seeing any South Park episode EVER that did not make me crack up at least twice except for GO GOD GO(because of the Mr./Mrs. Garrison romance, i was grossed out). I think the show has not changed, it has kept a balance in the show between kids being kids, and also parodying pop culture, i find both shows extremely entertaing
Cartman FTW
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:22 am

I prefer SP as opposed to FG bc I like that matt and trey put effort into the art they're creating. What I mean is, they have complex plots that really make the viewer think about topics that should be addressed in modern society, but aren't. I haven't ever felt that way watching an FG episode. And I think it's good for people to be challenged every once in a while or so when they watch tv. Besides, these guys are closely pushing 40 and need to mature in their writing anyways, everyone grows up ya know!
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Essey

Postby Essey » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:14 am

superiorsavior wrote:OK, I exagerated... not all FG fans are that rude, as not all SP fans are that rude. But i have seen FG fans say only homosexuals watch SP but that was on... some live journal, i saw more than a few comments like that before now on google searches. I may have generalised a bit :p Go to a FG forum (i can't be bothered myself) if you want to see if i'm wrong or not, i'm probably wrong. I probably just met the extremists.

... Which is humorously ironic, considering Stewie's character ahem.

I can't believe this topic's still around. XD Well I guess I might as well add something about a debate I saw a while ago on ToonZone.

Basically someone had posted an interview by Matt Stone and Trey Parker. Eventually this topic ensued into a Family Guy vs. South Park/liberal vs. conservative debate. Whut.

Apparently a majority of Family Guy fans had the need to complain about South Park for... not making fun of Bush enough? No joke. Apparently they said that Family Guy was better for its liberal messages and how South Park should have more of them and whatnot.

Uh...?

Well first off, we don't need any more liberal-based media. We get it. Our President sucks. The jokes have gotten more than stale, so what would South Park even gain from it? But they would lose something that Seth MacFarlene fails to have. And it's called originality. I mean how many family-based sitcoms is this guy gonna make!?

I'm slowly losing my liking to Family Guy even more each day due to the annoying demographic. ):
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:01 am

Essey wrote:I'm slowly losing my liking to Family Guy even more each day due to the annoying demographic. ):

what about it's demographic? Idk much about that show or its fans other than the show sucks balls and I don't bother to watch it. But I did meet a FG fan at work and yeah he has his moments where he's really nice,but everyone agrees he's a dick.
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:26 pm

I can't remember if I already commented on this thread, but I like both Family Guy and South Park. I don't see why people compare them so much, yes they are both adult cartoons but they have completely different styles of humor. Maybe people would get that if we had more adult cartoons on tv. As for all the political differences stuff, I don't like Bush either, but how long do liberals and conservatives want to play us versus them? It is getting old and it is creating too much anger. How many people here have gotten ugly with each other over political differences? It is bullsh*t. And it is a shame people are dragging both Family Guy and South Park into their little blogs about their political agendas. There is some political humor on both shows, but that isn't the only kind of humor on either show. And are we robots? Do we have to sit and agree with everything said on the shows we like? No we don't. You can like a show for it's entertainment value, but still disgree with some things that were said on it.
Essey

Postby Essey » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:29 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:I can't remember if I already commented on this thread, but I like both Family Guy and South Park. I don't see why people compare them so much, yes they are both adult cartoons but they have completely different styles of humor. Maybe people would get that if we had more adult cartoons on tv. As for all the political differences stuff, I don't like Bush either, but how long do liberals and conservatives want to play us versus them? It is getting old and it is creating too much anger. How many people here have gotten ugly with each other over political differences? It is bullsh*t. And it is a shame people are dragging both Family Guy and South Park into their little blogs about their political agendas. There is some political humor on both shows, but that isn't the only kind of humor on either show. And are we robots? Do we have to sit and agree with everything said on the shows we like? No we don't. You can like a show for it's entertainment value, but still disgree with some things that were said on it.

... That was a win post. You've now garnered my respect. <3
allan420

Postby allan420 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:24 am

I like family guy.... to an extent
roy_the_gamer

Postby roy_the_gamer » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:29 am

not a fan of family guy but i do watch it.
soong

Postby soong » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:56 am

FAMILY GUY FOR THE WIN!!
may driving down the wrong side of the road lead you to the right path
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:35 am

SP FTW thankyouveryfuckingmuch :D
anarchist_law

Postby anarchist_law » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:11 am

I don't think anyone who has seen as many Fam eps as I would be too disappointed with it. I started my obsession with Family Guy back when I was an insomniac watching Adult Swim, and the outright hilarious jokes outnumber the crappy jokes that SP extremists seem to have sat through.

How FG was depicted in Cartoon Wars is like a caricature: though enlightening in terms of what makes up FG, it was still an overexaggeration. I don't want to be a dick, but a good half of FG's episodes were at least as intelligent as your average South Park.
Shh, I'm getting a raging clue.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”