The IM chat megathread.

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Cortes1988

Re: Anyone up for a chat :)?

Postby Cortes1988 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:37 pm

Mr_Mackey wrote:Hey cortes not really sure how it works I got in one by clicking on chat but getting to other chat rooms seems a bit confusing and whenever I went there nobody was ever talking....we could talk on xbox 360 or on yahoo or some other kind of messenger.
aim or xbox 360 is fine with me
Cortes1988

Postby Cortes1988 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Mr_Mackey wrote:
season 12 is good i like it people thought they were going too far but i think they are doing good and i can't wait for the next episode[/quote]

Yeah I know some thought it was going too far but if you really watch it you can also see they are saying good things about it too like in the aids episode they have eric cartman saying how serious this disease is when the doctor says there is treatment for it and that it isn't really a big deal.[/quote]exactly they come up with stuff that other shows wouldn't do thats what i like about south park
Mr_Mackey

Postby Mr_Mackey » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:44 pm

Ill be on xbox 360 around 6pm eastern we can play some Halo 3 or COD 4. Was playing bioshock its a great game has some scary moments but love the gameplay of it have you ever played it before? I like Rainbow Six Vegas 2 the terriorist hunts are awesome. Game is fully co op too!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:53 pm

Cool. Now I'm locking this thread and telling you to put this info in your profile's contact section. We don't need lots of threads from members telling us where to reach them.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Mr_Mackey

I guess we can't make friends on these boards....

Postby Mr_Mackey » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:26 am

I don't understand why my thread was closed looking for people to talk to for chat I mean this is an off topic discusion right? I sent a message to the Moderator and didn't get a reply. Was told to put my contact information on my bio what good does that do if nobody knows ya. Just looking for friends and friendly chat.
Cortes1988

Re: I guess we can't make friends on these boards....

Postby Cortes1988 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:47 am

i guess the moderator doesn't want threads like those in the general discussion
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:58 am

Check out the (truely) magnificant Random thread if you want to make friends. It works for most people :)
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:29 am

Yeah, on other board you can get away with that, you can post a thread inviting people to chat and no one will lock it..But here, any thread in offtopic that certain people consider stupid or unnecessary gets deleted or locked. I guess because certain people think we should be talking about relevent sh*t like politics and such and not just goofing around and getting to know eachother when we aren't talking about South Park. So, it is no wonder that most of the time offtopic is kinda dead, except for when we get an arguement about religion or politics going.

But hey if you wanna chat and you are a nice person go ahead and look me up on MSN. I don't mind meeting new people if they aren't trying to hit on me or when they are not trying to get me involved in drama that has nothing to do with me. And I especially like meeting people who have some of the same interests I do, any horror fans are welcome.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:43 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:Yeah, on other board you can get away with that, you can post a thread inviting people to chat and no one will lock it..But here, any thread in offtopic that certain people consider stupid or unnecessary gets deleted or locked. I guess because certain people think we should be talking about relevent sh*t like politics and such and not just goofing around and getting to know eachother when we aren't talking about South Park. So, it is no wonder that most of the time offtopic is kinda dead, except for when we get an arguement about religion or politics going.

I've noticed that, and that's probably one of the reasons I've been dead in this place lately...religion and politics, I have my own opinions, and I've stated them countless times, but the general topic isn't really something I'm greatly interested in in terms of talking about random things. It's an "Off-Topic" forum, after all, not a "politics" or "world issues" forum.

I think certain people don't like chat threads is because it sounds tacky, or something. Guess that's what they have the IRC chat room for.

M00ndragon69 wrote:But hey if you wanna chat and you are a nice person go ahead and look me up on MSN. I don't mind meeting new people if they aren't trying to hit on me or when they are not trying to get me involved in drama that has nothing to do with me. And I especially like meeting people who have some of the same interests I do, any horror fans are welcome.

Haha, same, I totally don't mind if people add me on MSN or something, that's why there's an addy link on my profile info. I've seen way too much f*cking drama in the last while though, so, yeah, no getting me involved in more of that.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:30 am

We do have a chatroom on this site for a reason, which is why I locked the thread in the first place, but since Mr_Mackey insisted on continuing this matter, I moved it to what can now be considered to be... The Community. Maybe Nall will rename Hot Topics to The Community.

I also changed the title so that it's not about Mr_Mackey anymore - anyone reading this, feel free to add your own contacts to this thread so others can reach you. We're not responsible for any stalking or drama you encounter though - you run that risk when you make your info public like this.

BRMBug

Re: The IM chat megathread.

Postby BRMBug » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:58 am

What do you think of using this thread as a place to let others know when you want them to jump in the chatroom? ...Those who want to anyway.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:48 am

That's up to you guys. :) But I'll move the thread to the chatroom forum as a matter of course.

BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:15 pm

I am here to report that the Chatroom is not yet completely dead. I've had some interesting convos with humans from all over the interwebs the past two nights.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:30 pm

BRMBug wrote:I am here to report that the Chatroom is not yet completely dead. I've had some interesting convos with humans from all over the interwebs the past two nights.

I would be there, but I need different software than what i have. :(
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:31 pm

BRMBug wrote:I am here to report that the Chatroom is not yet completely dead. I've had some interesting convos with humans from all over the interwebs the past two nights.

The chat room on this site is full of people who never post on BBS.
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”