Talk about "Oedipus Rex"!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

angeldeb82

Talk about "Oedipus Rex"!

Postby angeldeb82 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:04 pm

And it happened in Austria through the years! Here's the story (names withheld for privacy): Man imprisoned daughter, fathered her 7 kids

Kind of reminds me of when Judge Turpin plans to marry Johanna Barker after sending her father Benjamin/Sweeney Todd away and raping her mother Lucy in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street! And it's all a case of incest equal to Oedipus Rex! It makes me wanna throw up! :stanpuke:
Still the same as it ever was.
Marjax

Re: Talk about "Oedipus Rex"!

Postby Marjax » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:10 pm

Yeah thats a messed up situation.

But in Sweeney Todd, the Judge sends Benjamin away after Johanna was already born. So, years later when Benjamin returns as Todd, and the Judge is planning on marrying Johanna, it's not his biological daughter, just his daughter in the respects that he raised her.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:54 pm

Well, anyone else disturbed by the incest news in Austria?
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:07 pm

I don't mean to double-post, but I thought up a song that I could sing to you, to the tune of "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm" by Crash Test Dummies (made into a parody called "Headline News" by "Weird Al" Yankovic):

Once there was this girl who
Got locked up in her cellar door
For 24 years now;
And when she finally came out,
They found
That she had six children with her.
She said that they were from
When her father raped her so much.

Mmm mmm mmm mmm
Mmm mmm mmm mmm

This is kind of slapstick, wouldn't you say? :lol:
Marjax

Postby Marjax » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:07 am

Actually that was pretty good. A little inaccurate, there were 3 children with her, the other 3 were being raised by the father-grandfather and his wife/their grandmother. There was a 7th one that died, it was a twin to one of the children still alive.
A SouthPark Orange

Postby A SouthPark Orange » Fri May 02, 2008 5:18 am

:stanpuke: Why do all these f*d up things happen here in Austria. :shock: First Kampusch, then this. I'm not easily shocked by the media nowadays, especially after all these reports about certain serial killers and the war crimes you hear about almost every day , but this is among the worst things I've ever read.

I can only hope that he won't live longer than the 15 years of jail he's most likely going to get. Cases like this one make Butters' parents almost look okay.

@ angeldeb82: about the song: Sorry, please do not take any offence, and I know this is a South Park forum, so I can laugh at all kinds of stuff but I still don't think it's that funny. Probably I'm still too shocked now or is it because the 22.3 years have not yet passed? :?
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”