Why is The Simpsons still on tv?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

aaa2

Why is The Simpsons still on tv?

Postby aaa2 » Tue May 06, 2008 11:45 pm

They had 19 Season and they are not funny. Why are they not off the air? :assface: :gaykenny:
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Why is The Simpsons still on tv?

Postby Big-Will » Tue May 06, 2008 11:53 pm

Enough fans still think it's funny, and that's all that matters.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Wed May 07, 2008 9:42 am

Hmmm...I donno....perhaps it's because it's still a good show? Perhaps you just lack a sense of humor, or something. Sure, new episodes aren't like the older ones, but the same thing can be said about South Park.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed May 07, 2008 10:48 am

Personally, my sense of humor has changed just enough that I'm just not into them anymore.
Willymetal

Postby Willymetal » Wed May 07, 2008 3:12 pm

Well do you think south park will be still funny after 19 seasons?

The fact that we have so many current issues today gives these writers a chance to exploit them in their cartoony ways. As long as we have something new or funny or sad that happens in the world, simpsons/family guy and south park will jump on it to make an episode.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed May 07, 2008 9:41 pm

Because it's still better than the vast majority of comedy shows on television these days.

And it's still profitable for FOX.

You read it! You can't unread it!
A SouthPark Orange

Postby A SouthPark Orange » Thu May 08, 2008 5:25 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Because it's still better than the vast majority of comedy shows on television these days.

And it's still profitable for FOX.

Exactly. I even stopped watching the Simpsons for a few years after I saw the disappointing season 11 in a row, realizing how bad the Simpsons had become. However, they got better and the majority of the episodes from season 16 onwards are very watchable and they make even a few good ones now and then. There's of course no comparison to the seasons when the show was in its prime, but if you don't have any real alternative, they're good enough - at least for me. That's pretty much the same I can say about this half season of SP: It doesn't stand a chance against seasons 5-7, 3, 8 and 11 but it's very watchable and got out a chuckle out of me now and then.
My father, my two elder brothers and me still watch TS and - with the exception of my father - SP for that reason. You can't be too picky nowadays if you want to watch any TV at all.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
Kensuke

Postby Kensuke » Sun May 11, 2008 6:04 pm

The Simpsons was funny before, and it's still funny now. It's been 418 episodes so far, and they're still making me laugh at least 7 times every episode.I'll bet the one on tonight will be funny too!
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sun May 11, 2008 6:35 pm

I didn't think the simpsons was OVER funny when I was forced by my friends and fammily to watch it as a kid, sort of Freiends-ish. Not the kind of thing to W00t over or be a fanboy of, the kind of thing that's tollerable. I sort of stopped watching it when other shows came along. I tried watching it again, I really did. I boght the first four seasons on DVD (they're on the table with me as I type) and watched them all. Laughed about once an episode. It's probably me being a pretentious ballsack brain again; can't get beyond Groning's pukeworthilly populist hippy politics, amazing ammounts of Americanisms and DEPRESSINGLY modern family structure, the last of which particuarly greats on me. But not as much as the voices great. As for the animation style, I just find it UGLY. The charactars are good though, I like them, they're just not used in the right ways.

It's just my oppinion though. I know it differs from most peoples. I still don't hate the show, like I said, I laughed once an episode. It's just not as good in the early seasons as people say.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
vampswillreignagain

Postby vampswillreignagain » Sun May 11, 2008 6:41 pm

the simpsons is an okay show in my opinion. it still has it's fans, and it gives some decent jokes. but really, futurama should still be on tv. (i mean with new episodes). that was such a good show, and it made me lol even more than the simpsons did
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sun May 11, 2008 6:50 pm

^Someone make a Futurama thread, that show really did get some LOLs out of me, especially in the latter seriese. It is to Simpsons what American Dad is to Family guy; actually funny!

Not anywhere near SP in my books but still a great show.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

vampswillreignagain

Postby vampswillreignagain » Sun May 11, 2008 6:59 pm

superiorsavior wrote:^Someone make a Futurama thread, that show really did get some LOLs out of me, especially in the latter seriese. It is to Simpsons what American Dad is to Family guy; actually funny!

Not anywhere near SP in my books but still a great show.

finally! somebody who LIKES american dad! and i'll make a futurama thread now!
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Mon May 12, 2008 12:17 am

american dads an okay show but funny is a strong word
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon May 12, 2008 12:21 am

Sorry to disapoint ButtersLover but... BK is right, American Dad is only funny when it's compared with Family guy. It's like friends/ Seinfeld/ the Simpsons to me: tollerable and sometimes funny but not the kind of show I'd obsess over or plan to watch or sacrifice time away from sleeping to watch. The difference in quality between FG and AD is about the same as the difference between Simpsons and Futurama.

Thanks for the much needed Futurama thread :P
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Kensuke

Postby Kensuke » Mon May 12, 2008 11:36 am

American dad is hilarious, but I don't think it's as funny as family guy. Futurama is funny too, but I still like the Simpsons better.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”