who likes NASCAR?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

nascar00

who likes NASCAR?

Postby nascar00 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:46 pm

well am i the only NASCAR fan here?
a NASCAR fan and south park fan(go Dale JR 88 and David reutimann 44)
DALE EARNHARDT 1951-2001
http://profile.myspace.com/sqm1
http://www.youtube.com/user/nascar0
BRMBug

Re: who likes NASCAR?

Postby BRMBug » Mon May 12, 2008 11:24 pm

I guess so.
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Mon May 12, 2008 11:25 pm

whats so cool about cars driving in circles?
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
Marjax

Postby Marjax » Wed May 14, 2008 4:47 am

You can be drunk and not miss anything?

Outside observation, not a NASCAR fan at all. Though I did enjoy Talladega Nights.

I, also, piss excellence.
chel

Postby chel » Wed May 14, 2008 7:01 pm

nascar is only exciting when somebody dies.
"Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!"
"Intelligent and friendly on rye bread, with some mayonaise."
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Wed May 14, 2008 10:20 pm

Overcrowded billboards driving in circles being cheered by people who take pride in their drunken ignorance and racism.

f*ck NASCAR.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu May 15, 2008 12:29 am

Aym_Dand wrote:Overcrowded billboards driving in circles being cheered by people who take pride in their drunken ignorance and racism.

f*ck NASCAR.

I'm not into NASCAR, but I find your statement kind of ironic.

Racism is bad. Why? Because it's a perjorative and intolerant view of a group of people based on stereotypes.

If we assert that this is the fundamental problem with racism, then it's not okay to do the same to other groups of people; in this case, NASCAR fans.

Calling every NASCAR fan a drunken racist is pretty intolerant.

Either you're opposed to bigotry or you're not - you can't have it both ways.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu May 15, 2008 9:33 pm

It's hard to get into a sport where most of the fans look like this:

You read it! You can't unread it!
A Little Overboard

Postby A Little Overboard » Thu May 15, 2008 9:35 pm

im not, but i might do it when i grow up.
C? care about your feelings just as much u do mine. :P
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Fri May 16, 2008 2:59 pm

Pip Tweek wrote:
Aym_Dand wrote:Overcrowded billboards driving in circles being cheered by people who take pride in their drunken ignorance and racism.

f*ck NASCAR.

Racism is bad. Why? Because it's a perjorative and intolerant view of a group of people based on stereotypes.

If we assert that this is the fundamental problem with racism, then it's not okay to do the same to other groups of people; in this case, NASCAR fans.

It would be intolerance if I said they couldn't eat at my restaurant, or if I provoked violence every time a NASCRAP fan was around. I tolerate them just fine, but it doesn't mean I have to like them or their idiotic worship of men who drive billboards in circles.

Please don't make me couch every single thing I write in PC backpedaling. I see the point you were trying to make, and it reminds me of the bullsh*t I hear all the time from dumb people who try to sound smart. "But Dan, not ALL women are sensitive."

I KNOOOOWWWWW!!! FUUUUUUUCK!!

By the way, is it okay that America was intolerant of the Nazis in the '40s? I mean, America is supposed to be the land of tolerance and democracy (and the Nazis were rightfully voted into power), but firebombing the hell out of those racist pig-fuckers wasn't exactly a very nice or tolerant thing to do.

Just because I don't like NASCRAP doesn't mean I'm going to write someone off immediately because of that. However, the truth of the matter is that I find it to be an incredibly dumb, overly commercialized pseudo-sport with a huge fan-base of people with whom I have almost nothing in common. Is that okay, or is it not okay to belittle retarded shitheads on a board for a show where one of the main characters literally tried to exterminate the Jews?

Pip Tweek: "But Cartman, not ALL Jews are pushy and cheap! And besides, you're being ironic, because you're the pushiest and cheapest person I know."

Cartman: (long pause, pinching the bridge of his nose) "f*ck you, Pip Tweek."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri May 16, 2008 10:40 pm

Aym_Dand wrote:
Pip Tweek wrote:

f*ck NASCAR.

It would be intolerance if I said they couldn't eat at my restaurant, or if I provoked violence every time a NASCRAP fan was around. I tolerate them just fine, but it doesn't mean I have to like them or their idiotic worship of men who drive billboards in circles.

Please don't make me couch every single thing I write in PC backpedaling. I see the point you were trying to make, and it reminds me of the bullsh*t I hear all the time from dumb people who try to sound smart. "But Dan, not ALL women are sensitive."

I KNOOOOWWWWW!!! FUUUUUUUCK!!

By the way, is it okay that America was intolerant of the Nazis in the '40s? I mean, America is supposed to be the land of tolerance and democracy (and the Nazis were rightfully voted into power), but firebombing the hell out of those racist pig-f*ckers wasn't exactly a very nice or tolerant thing to do.

Just because I don't like NASCRAP doesn't mean I'm going to write someone off immediately because of that. However, the truth of the matter is that I find it to be an incredibly dumb, overly commercialized pseudo-sport with a huge fan-base of people with whom I have almost nothing in common. Is that okay, or is it not okay to belittle retarded shitheads on a board for a show where one of the main characters literally tried to exterminate the Jews?

Pip Tweek: "But Cartman, not ALL Jews are pushy and cheap! And besides, you're being ironic, because you're the pushiest and cheapest person I know."

Cartman: (long pause, pinching the bridge of his nose) "f*ck you, Pip Tweek."

Dude, I'm not about to butt heads with you given the enormous chip on your shoulder.

I personally don't give a rat's ass about NASCAR or NASCAR fans, and I personally don't think there are many sophisticated folk among the majority. I simply pointed out a particular trait you attributed to a group of people in a manner that also attributed it to yourself.

This is not about PC, this is not about the message board we're writing on, and it's not about the show. You made a derogatory comment about a group of people, I pointed out what I considered to be a contentious part of your statement, and that pissed you off so now you're resorting to insulting me. So be it.

Yeah, NASCAR fans may be a bunch of simpleton rednecks enjoying a really stupid form of entertainment, and I can see perfectly why you or anyone would dislike the fan base as a whole, but to use the term 'racist' in this context is, to me, inappropriate only because of what the accusation of "racism" entails. That's all I was getting at.

And So, in the final analysis, blow me. :roll:
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Fri May 16, 2008 10:47 pm

Not I.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
Poop Sandwich

Postby Poop Sandwich » Sat May 17, 2008 3:22 pm

To be FAIR, I've never been to a race and I think it's the most boring thing to watch on TV, but I've heard it's actually a thrill if you're there in person. It's the fastest growing sport in the Nation, there's gotta be SOMETHING appealing about it :? Wait a sec, it isn't a sport! Bastards!
I used to TiVo South Park, but now I use the commercial breaks to meet women. http://www.matchbookmethod.com
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun May 18, 2008 4:57 pm

Poop Sandwich wrote:To be FAIR, I've never been to a race and I think it's the most boring thing to watch on TV, but I've heard it's actually a thrill if you're there in person. It's the fastest growing sport in the Nation, there's gotta be SOMETHING appealing about it :? Wait a sec, it isn't a sport! Bastards!

That 'something' is called booze. It's an excuse to get wasted with a bunch of friends and strangers.

Watching golf would be just as entertaining if you could get drunk while you watched it.

You read it! You can't unread it!
PeterCoffin

Postby PeterCoffin » Thu May 22, 2008 8:00 pm

I am intolerant towards anyone who would get killed if Natural Selection was legal.
---------------------------------------------
petercoffin.com

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”