ever see anything paranormal?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug
Posts: 18534
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:43 am

Re: ever see anything paranormal?

Postby BRMBug » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:25 am

Chap4Pub wrote:Yes,
I've seen ghosts in every single apartment I've lived in, in Los Angeles. I've also seen paranormal things on the streets of L.A. :parishilton:


I think you mean abnormal, not paranormal.
nick007
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:51 pm

Re: ever see anything paranormal?

Postby nick007 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:03 pm

BRMBug wrote:
Chap4Pub wrote:Yes,
I've seen ghosts in every single apartment I've lived in, in Los Angeles. I've also seen paranormal things on the streets of L.A. :parishilton:


I think you mean abnormal, not paranormal.



Maybe he's talking bout the Mexicans. Their their too I bet. Ever heard "Born in East L.A." by Cheech & Chong??
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
And I'll be dancing with myself

Billy Idol~ Dancing With Myself

http://www.myspace.com/nickdouble07
deeedoo
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:49 pm

Re: ever see anything paranormal?

Postby deeedoo » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:00 pm

It's not really like ghosts or anything, but I can feel people when they come into the room. I can feel them moving even if I don't see them, and sometimes I'll be yelling at someone to get out of the room because their presence is bothering me so much.

I sometimes see little dots or waves flying around, and when they land on me I feel them there. Once, I had been feeling a presence following me around for days, but no one was there, and then once out of the corner of my eye I saw a naked floating white thing curled in a fetal position. It was too big to be a baby, but it seemed nice.

I write books, and once I was writing this story where a person fell in love with someone (won't use real names here). Then, I was talking to my boyfriend and it turned out that two people with those same names actually fell in love at the exact time I had been writing it! Lots of strange things like that happen when I'm writing.

.......don't know if this counts, but playing trombone makes me horny :D
nick007
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:51 pm

Re: ever see anything paranormal?

Postby nick007 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:10 am

I used to think bout TV shows/eps and next day I happen to switch channels and the exact ep I was thinking bout recently was on. I know they made a bunch of those shows so I find it kind of odd that I think bout the exact ep shortley before it comes on. Now that I'm on meds, that doesn't happen as much
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
And I'll be dancing with myself

Billy Idol~ Dancing With Myself

http://www.myspace.com/nickdouble07
PubesofJesus
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:16 am

Re: ever see anything paranormal?

Postby PubesofJesus » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:23 am

I was raped by 18 aliens that had jewish measles and freckles of the finest kind that only a armless butt raping homosexual could apreciate. :roll:
nick007
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:51 pm

Re: ever see anything paranormal?

Postby nick007 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:17 am

PubesofJesus wrote:I was raped by 18 aliens that had jewish measles and freckles of the finest kind that only a armless butt raping homosexual could apreciate. :roll:



Now are you going to get into rehab, start drinking or both :lol: :lol:

I loved Crank Yankers
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
And I'll be dancing with myself

Billy Idol~ Dancing With Myself

http://www.myspace.com/nickdouble07
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: ever see anything paranormal?

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:56 am

triplemultiplex wrote:Those ghost hunters shows are such crap. They've got all these morons out there thinking that they, too, have seen some kind of ghost. The fact of the matter is, there is absolutely no concrete evidence of such malarkey being real and I can almost guarantee there never will be.



But not every single case of someone claiming to have experienced something paranormal can be disproven either. So I guess we are never going to know for sure.


As for me. Maybe I have seen or experienced something paranormal, or maybe I haven't. Depends on who I am talking to. I will say though the people who really are hardcore into practicing some form of witchcraft are pretty careful about who they tell things about what they might have experienced to. And not just because they don't want to deal with organized religion calling them satanists or atheists laughing at them.
Image
BRMBug
Posts: 18534
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:43 am

Re: ever see anything paranormal?

Postby BRMBug » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:36 am

I think I've been watching too much old-school Dr. Who. Last night I woke up (or so I thought) and saw some sort of amber/orange glowing veiny... thing hovering in the air not two feet from my bed, which made me kind of make some noise (not quite a yell) and sit up in bed. I think I was dreaming. I always have bad/weird/unwanted dreams when I'm on my back.
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6148
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: ever see anything paranormal?

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:00 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:But not every single case of someone claiming to have experienced something paranormal can be disproven either. So I guess we are never going to know for sure.


Unfortunately, the vast majority of supposedly 'paranormal happenings' have only anecdotal evidence supporting them. And that makes them difficult to explain logically.

Just because we can't disprove something is paranormal doesn't make it paranormal. It's important to remember that it's difficult to prove a negative. It's up to those seeking to prove something paranormal exists to provide evidence to that effect.

(sorry to get all KTS on you, m00n, but I just couldn't let that logical fallacy slide.)
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: ever see anything paranormal?

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:30 am

Well, I respect your right to your opinion, but I don't agree. It can't be proven one way or the other and people are just going to see what they want to see. Both the believers and the atheists.

But I would like to know why it is a big deal to you that someone believes things that are paranormal. And yes I have seen KTS's little skeptic sites, and the paranoia on them about phony psychics ripping people off. That kind of thing has never happened to anyone I know and I know a whole lot of people who believe in the paranormal. Seriously, we aren't ripping people off, we aren't at your door trying to convert you, most of the people I know don't even really watch those Ghost hunter shows, we are watching horror south park or porn instead, so why are you going all KTS? You are never going to see me in person anyway, so why does it matter to you that I believe in a whole bunch of stuff you would consider fruity? When you do that you become the kind of atheist who keeps the worst part of any religion, the part where you go trying to force your views on other people. People believe in things you find "illogical", big f*cking deal.
Image
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6148
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: ever see anything paranormal?

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:21 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:But I would like to know why it is a big deal to you that someone believes things that are paranormal. And yes I have seen KTS's little skeptic sites, and the paranoia on them about phony psychics ripping people off. That kind of thing has never happened to anyone I know and I know a whole lot of people who believe in the paranormal. Seriously, we aren't ripping people off, we aren't at your door trying to convert you, most of the people I know don't even really watch those Ghost hunter shows, we are watching horror south park or porn instead, so why are you going all KTS? You are never going to see me in person anyway, so why does it matter to you that I believe in a whole bunch of stuff you would consider fruity? When you do that you become the kind of atheist who keeps the worst part of any religion, the part where you go trying to force your views on other people. People believe in things you find "illogical", big f*cking deal.


I guess I've got a bone to pick with a lot of this paranormal hoopla because people can make any claim about seeing ghosts or being psychic or 'sensing a presence' and there's absolutely no way to verify their claims. There's never any "there" there.

I can tolerate people's religions just fine, but when a group of dudes turn a few photos of dust particles in a dark room into a TV series about hunting ghosts, that bothers me. Because it is fraudulent. They make money off of acting like there might actually be something in that old mansion or restaurant or train or whatever when never has anyone ever produced any evidence of ghosts that wasn't actually something mundane, a hoax or a hysterical anecdote.

The same thing goes for paying money to see a psychic for anything other than novelty purposes. People do go to psychics instead of seeing a professional psychologist when they have real problems. That's dangerous to go see a quack instead of a licensed professional.

As for posting all this crap here, well, I feel it livens up a fairly mundane thread with a spirited, on-topic debate. I'm certainly not going to attack anyone's personal beliefs, and I have no desire to make an 'enemy' out of another SPS veteran.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: ever see anything paranormal?

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:42 am

Well, just so you know most people who are seriously into paganism don't go to psychics. They have their own tarot cards. Infact some people who are pagan don't even buy their own tarot cards or runes, they make them themselves. My friend and I have talked about designing our own tarot deck, because we both know a lot about the meanings of the cards and he is good at water colors and I am fairly good at drawing people. Maybe at some point we will get off our asses and do that, they if we got the deck published you could bitch about us making money. Atheists make money on the books they write too, don't they?
You say people go to psychics instead of therapists and that is dangerous, well I know some people who were f*cked up by their therapists and the side affects of their medication. And you know what else, the only person ( and I said none of my friends have ever gone to a fake psychic, this person isn't a friend) I have ever known who said he went to a psychic for help and paid a lot was also one of those people who got f*cked over by his therapists. Gained a ton of weight due to side affects of his pills. Well, he said the psychic f*cked him over too. But you see, when he told me that story, I thought it was completely out of character for him to go to a psychic in the first place, and it might have been a total lie. He was an atheist, and he infact was a huge assh*le to me and my friends when he found out a little of the freaky sh*t we believe in. He went so far as to call us delusional. I really have no idea why I took his ass back as a friend after how much of a dick he was, and I regret it,. Well, he was claiming that he went to the psychic and she said he had a demon attached to him and she was going to do some ritual with these special candles from the Himilayas. He paid 1000 dollars. Now you know where I found a story similar to this? On KTS's precious Skepdic site. I saw that two years ago when I was getting to those fights with KTS, and I got pissed. Not at KTS but at the guy who claimed he went to a psychic. Because the year before that, he had gone psycho and he and I are no longer on speaking terms. I put two and two together. He could have gone on that site and looked up that story, then presented it to me as something that actually happened to him. It is the kind of thing he would do, he was too much of a pussy to try to debate me again about what I believe and he was too much of a controlling assh*le to just let it go that I have beliefs he doesn't understand. The whole time we were friends, right after I trusted him enough to tell him certain things about what I believe that he found fruity, he turned into this condesending assh*le. He also wanted down my pants, ( which never happened by the way, but I think he might have lied to people and said it did, because his friends who I didn't really know seemed to think he and I were dating.One of his coworkers at Blockbuster seemed to think so to.), and he tried to control everything when he went out with me and the rest of our friends. I think he wanted to convince me to change things I believed in, so he made up a bullsh*t story to not only convince me how bad psychics are but to get me to maybe pity f*ck him too. He is a sick f*ck. His real problem isn't any demon or any chemical imbalance, it is that he needs to realize that not everything is all about him. His problem is he is a selfish piece of sh*t. Yeah that was a long rant,

So this is why I turn into a bitch when people go off and say sh*t about people believing in anything paranormal. I get reminded of that assh*le and KTS.
I don't really want to fight you either since you aren't the kind of assh*le they are. I am surprised you are still here, I am not really anymore.
Image
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6148
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: ever see anything paranormal?

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:40 pm

Yeesh, that sounds like a lot crazy sh*t that went down there. Seems obvious there's a lot more going on than just some dude's beef with psychics. I'll leave that can of worms unopened.

I'll simply suggest avoiding the use of such anecdotes to support your position on things like this. Because more than anything, anecdotes like this tell us that you know/have known some interesting people.

M00ndragon69 wrote:I am surprised you are still here, I am not really anymore.


What can I say? I'm still into the show. Besides, it's something relaxing to do for a couple minutes when I get home from work.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
iheartmetal666
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:18 pm

Re: ever see anything paranormal?

Postby iheartmetal666 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:28 pm

oh my god,this happened the other day,i did candy man,AND WHEN I WOKE UP,THERE WERE CUTS ON MY WRISTS!
all the hot 80's guys get plastic surgery or something,and make themselves ugly!pete burns,boy george(but he was gay..)or they get old and look scary like eddie van halen..

!!!
!!!
( .!!!./)
) !!! (
(.___.)
pdfsmail
Posts: 2038
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: ever see anything paranormal?

Postby pdfsmail » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:15 pm

Um.... The paranormal are so common where I live that it almost is no longer paranormal... Like UFOs ghosts etc... I have seen a few and must admit some weird sh*t goes on round here.

AAAAAAAAAAHH! :tweek:
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest