A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

plump2k

2012, the year the internet ends.

Postby plump2k » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:46 pm

http://www.infowars.com/?p=3730

OR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2XPiqhN ... om/?p=3730

Basically what its all about is that the government are going to tax you for going on the internet, pretty similar to the normal fee of having internet now-a-days but the plan is to further tax you for going to these more un-conventional sites (away from the main-stream-media) which most people can't bother paying for and therefor shutting'em down. So thats their' plan, keeping humans under control, blocking everything that might expose them any further.

For more info go to the Infowars.com link and scroll down and watch the brave Alex Jones talk further about this subject.

- SPREAD THE WORD!
OrangeWarrior

Re: 2012, the year the internet ends.

Postby OrangeWarrior » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:54 pm

If we rise hell about it they'll stop.
What the f*ck is wrong with my website(http://vulpinbanditroleplayinggame.wetpaint.com/)?N one is visting it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:16 am

I've been hearing about this Internet tax for five years. It hasn't happened in that time, it's not gonna happen now.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:51 am

Big-Will wrote:I've been hearing about this Internet tax for five years. It hasn't happened in that time, it's not gonna happen now.

True. The Internet is also international. It will be hard for one nation to tax it's people, it just won't happen.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:41 am

http://www.infowars.com/?p=2640

"wider march to regulate the web is documented"

"Bell Canada and TELUS (formerly owned by Verizon) employees officially confirm that by 2012 ISP’s all over the globe will reduce Internet access to a TV-like subscription model, only offering access to a small standard amount of commercial sites and require extra fees for every other site you visit. These ‘other’ sites would then lose all their exposure and eventually shut down, resulting in what could be seen as the end of the Internet," warns a report that has spread like wildfire across the web over the last few days.

The article, which is accompanied by a You Tube clip, states that Time Magazine writer "Dylan Pattyn" has confirmed the information and is about to release a story - and that the move to effectively shut down the web could come as soon as 2010.

Despite some people dismissing the story as a hoax, the wider plan to kill the traditional Internet and replace it with a regulated and controlled Internet 2 is manifestly provable.
pdfsmail

Postby pdfsmail » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:44 am

I could see a controlled internet...

in the very near future, but not exterminated...

Our whole economy depends largely on the internet...

I can foresee more extreme activist groups and hacking groups for the internet and attempts to start a NEW internet (this is possible)...

I don't want anyone controlling my internet anymore than it already is... :cartmanyell: :cartmanyell: :cartmanyell:
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:53 am

People will rebel. We also have Google, which would loose millions if not billions of dollars in ad revenue if such a thing were to happen. Besides, no one will let that many sites die. There is no way ALL Internet companies will do this. The ONE good thing the FCC has done in my eyes, and the ONLY thing I want them to be around for is protecting Internet rights. In recent news, Comcast was punished by the FCC for limiting the traffic of its' customers. I have Comcast and never noticed it, but still, this is the one good thing the FCC has done, and I think they should only be around to protect the rights of people, not limit them.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
pdfsmail

Postby pdfsmail » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:01 am

One thing i have learned from history..

The government will always appear to do something good for us...

Then down the road they will use it against us for the very thing it was supposed to protect us from, or maybe a worse case scenario...

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:59 am

They Can't/

It would be the beginning of the end...
(that is, of course if you believe the world will end in 2012).
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
pdfsmail

Postby pdfsmail » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:02 am

There out to get me!
O Geez!

We Got to do something!
:tweek:

triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:52 pm

I'm slightly skeptical if this is an actual plan or not because of the source. That infowars site is neck deep in 9/11 conspiracy BS, so I'm taking this with a grain of salt, despite the admitted ad hominem fallacy.

That said, it does sound plausible that governments and corporations would team up to regulate the internet in some manner. Even companies like Google that rely on web ad revenue would be just fine as they could have plenty of ads on what become the most popular sites by default. The richest media outlets get richer and governments will find it much easier to keep an eye on sh*t.

But I fail to see how governments and ISP's sell this idea to the public. I don't think anyone can make that case. So that's why I question the whole enterprise. It just sounds too evil to be true.

It seems that most people would be very resistant to suddenly paying for something they used to get for free. (Well, not 'free' but you know what I mean.) Definitely something I need more facts about.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:18 am

^^^^ I agree with you that alternative news organizations can tend toward some wacky agendas, so you're absolutely right to take it with a grain of salt.

But I fail to see how governments and ISP's sell this idea to the public.

That's the thing - they don't have to have our consent.

I admit I need more facts about it too, but I don't doubt for a minute that there is some kind of control effort going on. We way not suddenly wake up one day and see this new regulated internet, but it seems obvious that there is a vested interest in compromising the open nature of the internet among the wealthy and powerful.

Even if the aforementioned scenario is unfounded, something similar may be in the works, and I worry that it will be implemented in such a way that the majority of people, who either aren't aware of this situation or don't understand the implications, will fall for it.
OrangeWarrior

Postby OrangeWarrior » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:23 pm

Ok,so they can tax us but what about Cuba or Japan?Cuba wouldnt listen to the US and Japan make a hell of alotta money of websites.
What the f*ck is wrong with my website(http://vulpinbanditroleplayinggame.wetpaint.com/)?N one is visting it!
ClownCarOnFire

Postby ClownCarOnFire » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:03 am

...I thought 2012 was the year the world was supposed to end. :roll:
Drink Up Me Hearties, YoHo~
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:14 pm

OrangeWarrior wrote:Ok,so they can tax us but what about Cuba or Japan?Cuba wouldnt listen to the US and Japan make a hell of alotta money of websites.

Wouldn't be difficult for the government to block traffic to & from countries that don't abide by this internet profiteering scheme. China's been doing that type of internet censoring for years.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”