RIP Isaac Hayes

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

James--76

Re: RIP Isaac Hayes

Postby James--76 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:34 am

Sad news,R.I.P Isaac Hayes aka chef this is for you.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zh8qu7Z-NJ0
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
rckyu

Postby rckyu » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:46 am

RIP :cry:

One of the best characters in the series. Shame he left the show due to the scientologists episode.

Would be nice to see a memorial episode.
kyleen11

Postby kyleen11 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:51 am

I first saw it on when I was searching for South Park stuffs then I came across an article that says, "Isaac Hayes had died". I didn't pay attention to it at first, thinking that it wasn't true then I came across this thread. I'm so crushed to learn that he had already passed away. :(

RIP Isaac Hayes. We'll miss you and Chef.
"I gotta be romanced a little before I take my clothes off!" -- Bob Gaudio, Jersey Boys
Duan Tian Ru

With all my respect to Mr. Isaac Hayes

Postby Duan Tian Ru » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:26 pm

Rest in Peace, Isaac Hayes.

I was watching the news last night and I saw his picture and heard the anchor say he passed away. After my initial shock, the same story ran again 10 minutes later and they showed this photo of him looking very sharp with a beautiful girl on his arm, and I sat back to reflect, "Wow, Hayes was a smooth guy," and I laughed because, like now just listening to his song "Thing For You" it's like, I dunno- he knew what life should be about: relationships. That's his life's work-- romantic songs. Even more ironic was Saturday night I watched "It Could Happen to You" on the tv and my friend and I kept seeing Isaac Hayes popping up in the movie and my friend's like, "What is he supposed to be?" and I'm like, "I have no idea... maybe he's an angel trying to seal their romantic fate or something" and then turns out I was wrong, he was a reporter, hehe, but that's what he looked like: an angel with a cause, and I think if Isaac Hayes could choose how he'd want to be remembered, I guess he'd be the angel of love-- Cupid, for our generation. :D

Moreover, Hayes was a true complement to South Park as Chef. Just a week ago I saw the South Park Movie again since 99, and I remembered why Chef was important: because of the hilarious relationship between Chef and the kids, and how now it just isn't complete without Chef because he was the only other adult that hadn't gone wack-o on the kids. He was the voice that validated the reasoning behind the children's actions.
I still remember his oft repeated pronouncement that a man needed a Japanese wife, Chinese food and Scotch whiskey to have a perfect life.

-Martha Nemes Fried
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:05 pm

I'm gutted.

I'll be totally honest - I know Isaac Hayes merely from South Park. However, his role made me go and seek out some of his music which I was a fan of. Absolute real shame - despite all the Scientology nonsense, this is a real loss. As someone said above, his relationship with the kids, the 'sane-man in a crazy world' character and his wonderful voice just made me love the show even more. It was a shame he left under such weird and horrible circumstances (South Park) but he was never forgotten. Chef was replaceable but his voice was so unique and wonderful that it felt like South Park was missing his contribution.

It was the songs he'd sing in South Park, his contribution to episode because he was so talented at conveying emotion and it sounded like he was having so much fun. I hope he's remembered for his contributions to music and South Park (which were wonderful) and not for the way he left and Scientology and all that nonsense. Despite his religion, we've lost a real talented guy.

I actually heard about this on BBC News and thought it was a piece on him growing up - was gutted when I saw the 'R.I.P' card and my heart sank. Honestly. It's one of those deaths where your thinking "Aw man..." and you remember the guy and his contributions and it stays with you for a while. Whether it was delivering a song or his "Hello there, children!" or whether he was a focal point of a story (the one about the flag is a prime example - wonderful episode).. just a real loss. :(

My condolences go out to his friends and family.

Actually, just remembered a real great line.

"Hello there, children"
"Chef, what would a priest want to stick in our butt?"
".....Goodbye!"

:P
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:09 pm

...God dammit. And it's just out of f'in nowhere too. That's what's so weird about it. I mean, he did have some heart related problems a few years ago, but... damn.

dugyfresh_fwb wrote:Isaac Hayes is officially dead. he will always be missed as our beloved Chef... i believe we cant hold him responsible for his opinions that forced him to quit. Like Trey and Matt said, ... Its the fault of that fruity lil club that scrambled his brain! he died at 65 next to his treadmill. sh*tty way to go. RIP Isaac... you had a good run!

:roll: Ok, thank you Jerry Clower.
ErikaPlease

Postby ErikaPlease » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:13 pm

I heard about it on my local news channel. It's so sad. :(
kjs

Postby kjs » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:46 pm

I live in Memphis where Isaak lived and died. I cried when it came on our breaking news yesterday afternoon. He was a great man and will be greatly missed. I have been watching the news all a.m. and everyone they have talked to that knew him said he was an awesome friend and father. I had the pleasure of meeting him at his club here and asked for his autograph as I am a big South Park fan. He signed it Isaak Hayes and love to the childrens "Chef". I will treasure it always. And he truly loved children. He had 12 of them. I hope you all do a memorial episode as well. RIP big man. You will be greatly missed. :(
bern

Postby bern » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:21 pm

:unhoodedkenny: WE SHALL MISS YOU CHEF - YOU'RE A REASON WHY I BUY THE DVD'S - HE WAS SO FUNNY AND GOOD TO THE BOYS.
BERNIE , NEW YORK CITY
kjs

Postby kjs » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:30 pm

DonBlack
Maybe you'll be next. It would do the world a favor. And whose the racist???? Someone said 2 Black men in 2 days. Your last names Black and your a man. Todays day 3. Could we be so lucky?
spfan1

Postby spfan1 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:33 pm

rip chef

bernie mac,isaac hayes, abd samuel l jackson are in a movie called "soul men"
saturday:bernie mac

sunday:issac hayes

monday:samuel l jackson???????
You're reading this because it might be funny.
Zidane007nl

Postby Zidane007nl » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:56 pm

It's a big loss for the music world and us South Park fans. My condoles to his family and friends.

R.I.P. Isaac Hayes
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:23 pm

thats too bad, he wasnt that old :(

does anyone know the cause of his death?
jstaylor62

Postby jstaylor62 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:18 pm

Man, I was really bummed out when I heard about Isaac Hayes passing. The theme from Shaft has been running through my head today...maybe SouthPark can do a Shaft based episode as a tribute.

I can also remember when he did a few episodes on The Rockford Files as Gandolph Fitch.

RIP Bro...hope that Scientology stuff has you in a happy place now...
HaPpYSaartje

Postby HaPpYSaartje » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:25 pm

Rest in Peace Isaac, may you allways be remembered for your great effort in the South Park series. It wouldn't have been the same without you.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”