RIP Isaac Hayes

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Re: RIP Isaac Hayes

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:37 pm

Well, Issac may be gone but his contributions to South Park will live on forever. I can't help but think that little bit of star power he added to the series helped the show take off in the first place. Thanks for the memories, Issac.

Man, can you imagine how much more of shock this would've been had Issac not had that falling out with Matt & Trey? It would be like 6000% more "OMG" around here. Having been off the show for 3 years at least softened this devastating blow for SP fans. At least I'd like to think so.

You read it! You can't unread it!
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:31 am

When my sister told me this news this morning, my jaw literally dropped. I was so shocked.

He seemed like a truly nice guy, regardless of his reasons for leaving South Park.

And I agree with triplemultiplex; if Isaac had still been playing the role of Chef on the show, his death probably would have caused complete mayhem for the entire South Park fanbase.

Still, my condolence to his family and friends. RIP Isaac Hayes, aka Chef.
chel

Postby chel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:08 am

Isaac Hayes and Bernie Mac just wrapped filming for a movie called Soul Men [in which Bernie plays in his first dramatic role]. You know who else was in that film? Samuel L. Jackson.
WE NEED TO PROTECT SAMUEL L. JACKSON!
"Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!"
"Intelligent and friendly on rye bread, with some mayonaise."
pdfsmail

Postby pdfsmail » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:38 am

The dedications are showing,
now on the front (homepage) of SPS:

In Memoriam of Isaac Hayes
1942 - 2008
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.
mikejaysmith

Postby mikejaysmith » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:33 am

jewish pride wrote:thats too bad, he wasnt that old :(

does anyone know the cause of his death?

No word on how he died yet.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:41 am

From the descriptions in various news reports, it looks like he died from a heart attack (there may never be an official cause of death, but heart attack sounds likely to me) while he was working out on his treadmill. The treadmill was still on when he was discovered near it on the floor not responding.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:11 am

Matt and Trey aren't usually the types to do tribute episodes, but maybe in response to Isaac's death, they can do an episode where the Super Adventure Club sends Darth Chef to molest the kids of South Park and they have to save their friend and carry the difficult burden of having to kill their old friend so that his soul can finally rest in peace. They should probably at least tie up the loose end with Darth Chef since they kinda left that open at the beginning of Season 10.
NEZDESHNIY

Postby NEZDESHNIY » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:23 am

Very bad :|
Íå èùè âðàãîâ, èùè äðóçåé. Âðàãè ñàìè íàéäóò òåáÿ.....
31black

Postby 31black » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:15 pm

Typically, one folds laundry while watching TV or a movie to make the chore less of a chore. On Sunday, for some strange reason, I had a genuine desire to listen to Isaac Hayes' songs on "Chef Aid". I truly enjoyed listening to those songs as great songs much more than I ever had before.

It wasn't until after the U.S. dramatically won the gold medal in the swimming relay late Sunday night that I found out that Isaac Hayes had passed. The irony.

As a personal tribute to Isaac, I've had "Tonight Is Right For Love" in my head, heart and voice since Sunday [except I often substitute Meredith Baxter Birney; there are plenty of substitutes for her].

Isaac Hayes deserves our love and gratitude for making our lives more enjoyable through entertainment.
missycartman

Postby missycartman » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:04 pm

^^spooky .

R.I.P Isaac Hayes.
spfan1

Postby spfan1 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:37 pm

chel wrote:Isaac Hayes and Bernie Mac just wrapped filming for a movie called Soul Men [in which Bernie plays in his first dramatic role]. You know who else was in that film? Samuel L. Jackson.
WE NEED TO PROTECT SAMUEL L. JACKSON!
ya i just said that
You're reading this because it might be funny.
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:43 am

Just In: Authorities tell NBC news that Hayes likely died of a Cerebal Hemmorage.

A cerebal Hemmorage is kinda like a stroke, except it comes from a different part of the brain.

No official word yet however, but it wouldn't suprize my due to his health problems the last few years ( he supposedly suffered a mild stroke in 2005).
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:34 am

His bigger contribution to the world would be his music. You can still listen to the theme from "Shaft" and still find it fresh, even long after many similar songs sound dated and cheesy.

Shame that he and M&T left him on bad terms (granted, they had a point, but they're the ones that made an ep chastising him).

RIP, Black Moses.
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
plk12345

Postby plk12345 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:00 pm

RIP
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:28 pm

OK I just got this: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/sho ... ost3990219

Where can I find m/t's post around here?
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”