RIP Isaac Hayes

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: RIP Isaac Hayes

Postby Big-Will » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:33 pm

Here. Shame you can't save it though, except through the Print Screen button.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:54 pm

Thanks! Where do I click tho? Bc i clicked on the Chef thing and it wont show anything. What to do specifically?
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:36 am

Eh, that picture is all there is. Clicking on it just reloads the page. :P

Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:38 am

They're showing "Chef Aid" tonight.

Probably Chef's best episode besides Chef goes manners.

RIP

PS: Chubaka Defense!!
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:43 am

SO Matt and Trey didn't type a message then huh? ERR thanks anyways guys. :twisted:
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Duan Tian Ru

Postby Duan Tian Ru » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:26 am

I'm incredibly confused; please tell me there's gonna be a press release or something coming soon from M&T.

I was under the impression that Hayes with M&T had a disagreement, Hayes resigned, but that there wasn't any bad blood between them... I mean, was the whole ordeal THAT bad that Stone & Parker won't say anything about Hayes' life?
No doubt this is a painful time for Hayes' family so I would assume M&T would want to back off for fear of offending, but I'm sure there's something good M&T have to say about the good times- it's not like a friendship between all 3 didn't exist at some point. If there wasn't true animosity like they said there wasn't, then surely there'd be at least an itty bitty blurb about the happy contributions Hayes made to SP... This isn't appropriate what I'm about to say, but I can't help but wonder if there will be any closure to the whole situation. As stupid as this sounds it feels like your parents divorcing: I look up to Stone and Parker so naturally I'll always be backing them up, and I feel like they did the right thing, but regardless, Hayes leaving sucked, I was a fan of Chef and was sad to see Hayes go, but to add the fact that we'll never see or hear from him again makes the whole incident seem a lot worse because there wasn't any time or opportunity for a reconciliation...

When I saw the homepage and the picture of Chef and heaven in the background I was excited 'cause it's like, "they (SP) do care!" and then I click on it and nothing happens-- I was like, "wtf is my internet working?" There has to be something to say- it's got nothing to do with making a cartoon about it or anything- a little sentence in a press release, about the 8 years of working together, I mean... am I the only one that feels really sh*tty about this?

:cry:
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re:

Postby Big-Will » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:44 am

Duan Tian Ru wrote:there wasn't any time or opportunity for a reconciliation...

Oh, there was both, but from a Scientology point of view, it wasn't possible. Once Matt and Trey made fun of Scientology, they became "suppressive persons," or enemies of Scientology. Hayes was in danger of becoming a "potential trouble source" because of his association with Matt and Trey. To prevent that from happening and to remain a Scientologist in good standing, Hayes had to sever all ties between himself and Matt and Trey, which he did.

Duan Tian Ru

Postby Duan Tian Ru » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:50 am

Wait wait wait-- are you telling me that the scientologists forced Hayes to quit his job in order to remain in his religion???
I still remember his oft repeated pronouncement that a man needed a Japanese wife, Chinese food and Scotch whiskey to have a perfect life.

-Martha Nemes Fried
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:51 am

Yyyup.

But that was easy to do for him. He had other jobs, and his own restaurant to live off of, and he wasn't doing much work for South Park anyway.

Duan Tian Ru

Postby Duan Tian Ru » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:56 am

Ugh I feel sick. Thanks for letting me know what actually happened Will.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:52 am

Uhhhm... It's a tough thing pal.

A touching tribute?

No? Well how about this?

Ok, but surely this will tug at a heart string or two, right?

:roll: Ok, I'll be seriously...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJhGjkzxYJU
Sorry, couldn't find a version of this that wasn't a sh*tty upload.
mikejaysmith

Postby mikejaysmith » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:50 pm

Michaeloptv wrote:They're showing "Chef Aid" tonight.

Probably Chef's best episode besides Chef goes manners.

RIP

PS: Chubaka Defense!!

Thanks goodness we have DVRs, since I have to wait till around 1 A. M. to see it (Due to last night's really long Olympics coverage!).

My favorite Chef episode is also the very first SP episode I saw back in 2000 (When I was spending the night at my brother's home in Tulsa, since I don't have CC on my cable system at the time [And, still doesn't, since we switched to Dish Network, so we can see whatever SP episodes we didn't see yet]), "Succubus". Just love that "Morning After" in reverse!!! :lol:
Duan Tian Ru

Postby Duan Tian Ru » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:55 pm

BRMBug, as teency weency bit funny that was, it was mostly just evil, :shock: . I laughed, but it's very wrong-- Don't forget you have to wait 20 years to make fun of something that is sad, :)
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:48 pm

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”