It's finally happened!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Just_Jackie

It's finally happened!

Postby Just_Jackie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:21 am

After 28 years of searching, I've finally found true love!

It happened today. I have never seen any creature so beautiful! I will never need another man to hold me ever again.

I now have all I need in life.

I mean, what man can give me 50 inches? :)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: It's finally happened!

Postby Big-Will » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:36 am

Damn, who knew you could take 50 inches? :cartmanevillaugh:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
NHLkicksass91

Postby NHLkicksass91 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:27 am

Big-Will wrote:Damn, who knew you could take 50 inches? :cartmanevillaugh:

dont care about your joke...look @ that TV
You guysImgettingthat John Elway footballhelmet4 Christmas
How do you know
Cause I looked in my parents closet last night
Well I sneaked around my mom closet too and saw what Im gettingTheUltravibePleasure2000
Whatsthat
Idontknowbut it sounds pretty sweet
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:34 am

NHLkicksass91 wrote:dont care about your joke...look @ that TV

Already saw it. So what?

Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:53 pm

NHLkicksass91 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:Damn, who knew you could take 50 inches? :cartmanevillaugh:

dont care about your joke...look @ that TV

Yea, it's awesome. :) I was up till 1:30 this morning playing Splinter Cell on my 360 on it. Awesome. I downloaded the HD version of Good Times With Weapons from XBox Live and finally got to see it. It was really nice. It was hard to go watch The Red Badge of Gayness in standard def after. :(
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:37 pm

It's...It's beautiful... :lol:
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:57 pm

Yes, I'll have to agree there, it's a magnificent TV. :)

BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:07 pm

It's Beauuutifulll!

:cartmancry: I can only fit a 26" into my entertainment center. And even then, it'll still have a smaller picture than the old 25" tube tv. :(

Aw, I saw the coolest thing at Frys the other day. JVC has a 32" with a built in ipod dock, so you can watch movies directly from your ipod.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:27 pm

BRMBug wrote::cartmancry: I can only fit a 26" into my entertainment center. And even then, it'll still have a smaller picture than the old 25" tube tv. :(

Don't let the size of your furniture restrict the size of the TV you buy. I didn't. When my 32" LCD set wouldn't fit on the entertainment center, I made some room. I whipped out a saw and hacked off some shelves. Now it's all good!

And Jackie, that TV looks sweet. But what's even sweeter is the way that small chair is parked right in front of it. Way to maximize the HD!

You read it! You can't unread it!
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:52 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:
BRMBug wrote::cartmancry: I can only fit a 26" into my entertainment center. And even then, it'll still have a smaller picture than the old 25" tube tv. :(

Don't let the size of your furniture restrict the size of the TV you buy. I didn't. When my 32" LCD set wouldn't fit on the entertainment center, I made some room. I whipped out a saw and hacked off some shelves. Now it's all good!

And Jackie, that TV looks sweet. But what's even sweeter is the way that small chair is parked right in front of it. Way to maximize the HD!

First of all, I totally agree about the entertainment center thing. I gave mine away and just got something to set it on. As long as it could support the weight, it's all good.

As far as the chair, to be honest I don't like it being so close, but, that isn't a regular chair. It actually has audio inputs and a volume control on one side. It has speakers on either side of the headset. The input cord isn't all that long (need to get another one) which is one reason it's so close. But, even if it was longer I would still be stuck becuase right behind that chair is my bed that goes all the way to the back wall. I have no room to move it back.

But yea it does kind of, put you right into the action when you play a game on it. It was so awesome. I was playing a multiplayer game and I could see things I had never seen before.

The bad thing is, and if someone could explain this to me I would really appreciate it, plugging in the TV somehow blew our my cable box. My *HD* cable box. :( I plugged the TV in it's own outlet on a different wall than the one where I have my XBox, wireless router and cable box plugged into in order to not have anything get fried. But for some reason the second I plugged my TV in (again in its own outlet on a different wall) I heard my cable box go "click" and it has never come back on. Everything else is okay, but the cable box is ruined. I can't get them to bring me a new one until Sept 6.

Lame.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:01 pm

Just_Jackie wrote:The bad thing is, and if someone could explain this to me I would really appreciate it, plugging in the TV somehow blew our my cable box. My *HD* cable box. :( I plugged the TV in it's own outlet on a different wall than the one where I have my XBox, wireless router and cable box plugged into in order to not have anything get fried. But for some reason the second I plugged my TV in (again in its own outlet on a different wall) I heard my cable box go "click" and it has never come back on. Everything else is okay, but the cable box is ruined. I can't get them to bring me a new one until Sept 6.

Lame.

I think your cable box was unable to handle all the awesomeness of your new TV :lol:
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm

Pip Tweek wrote:
Just_Jackie wrote:The bad thing is, and if someone could explain this to me I would really appreciate it, plugging in the TV somehow blew our my cable box. My *HD* cable box. :( I plugged the TV in it's own outlet on a different wall than the one where I have my XBox, wireless router and cable box plugged into in order to not have anything get fried. But for some reason the second I plugged my TV in (again in its own outlet on a different wall) I heard my cable box go "click" and it has never come back on. Everything else is okay, but the cable box is ruined. I can't get them to bring me a new one until Sept 6.

Lame.

I think your cable box was unable to handle all the awesomeness of your new TV :lol:

I knew it had to be something simple like that. lol :cartmanlaugh:
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:46 pm

I've got two tvs at my place similar to that. One's a 50 inch (the old Sony model) in my basement. The other is an HD flatscreen on the fireplace (it was my dad's gift to himself for Christmas XD). They've got nothing on yours though. I'm lovin' the design of this one.
Last edited by Sizzling Lynn on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:47 pm

I don't know much about cable boxes, (well new ones anyway) but there's a chance you just blew a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker. If there's not access to one in the back of it, I don't know if you want to try and open it up and see if there's a fuse on the circuit board or not.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:51 pm

sh*t SON, that's one awesome looking TV. All I got here is a 21 inch LJ HD that has PC monitor support. Least it's flatscreen. We got a pretty reasonably sized TV in the living room, though it's pretty old by today's standards.

And Bug, I don't know too much about cable boxes, but I can tell you one thing I know about mine...it's SLOW AS f*ck. Seriously, it takes like one to two seconds for the stupid thing to realize that you hit a button on the remote. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”